shape
carat
color
clarity

New red Burmese spinel

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock
Hello PS friends,

I hope you are all doing well and that this lockdown has not impacted you too much. I've been lucky enough to work from home :)

I recently purchased a red spinel from the gem collector, and IG vendor.

here is the first shot, in shaded daylight

101CBEB3-B2D6-4350-AB75-3FBBB3ADF4E9.jpeg

it’s a slightly orangey-red under incandescent light and pinkish red in daylight. Vibrant color. Clarity is not great with lots of small cracks and tiny bubbles but nothing surface reaching as far as I can see.

Any thoughts?

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the color and the cut.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous color. Lots of gems have inclusions so as long as you got a fair priced (based on the level of those inclusions), I’d call this a win. The color looks so saturated!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
what's the plan ?
i look forward to watching this become something =)2

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Color looks exceptionally lovely! have you taken it out in regular daylight?Noted that you said daylight in your OP, but inside daylight and outside daylight can sometimes be different.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this!!!

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
Mansin? It looks electric!

budmanbudman10

Rough_Rock
Looks great! Would love to drool over some more photos of your new stone :)

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@VividRed Beautiful colour! :kiss2: Any idea if it's Burmese or Tanzanian?

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful color and shape!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
Doh! Just saw the title of the thread is 'new burmese red spinel'. That would answer my question! :wall::lol:
I'm off for another coffee!

MidModMin

Shiny_Rock
Ooh, it looks pretty. I like the color and overall shape.

How has your experience been working with the gem collector? I've messaged her about finding a red spinel. I found her very responsive, but was wondering how the transaction went, if she had a good return policy, etc.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Ooh, it looks pretty. I like the color and overall shape.

How has your experience been working with the gem collector? I've messaged her about finding a red spinel. I found her very responsive, but was wondering how the transaction went, if she had a good return policy, etc.
I bought a red spinel from her, considered returning because I didn't notice an inclusion on the corner of the table in the crown, and considered returning it. I think you'd have to pay return shipping, but she offered a return right away and made it seem easy. Ultimately, I decided to keep the stone and set it in this ring (index finger).
IMG_20200227_085643.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty, how are you going to set it?

voce

Ideal_Rock
@VividRed do you have plans to set your three rubies and this spinel? Or just collecting? I don't remember you mentioning setting any of the red gems you've shown us.

VividRed

Brilliant_Rock
@VividRed do you have plans to set your three rubies and this spinel? Or just collecting? I don't remember you mentioning setting any of the red gems you've shown us.

Hi Voce, for now just collecting but I am open to setting them eventually :)

MidModMin

Shiny_Rock
I bought a red spinel from her, considered returning because I didn't notice an inclusion on the corner of the table in the crown, and considered returning it. I think you'd have to pay return shipping, but she offered a return right away and made it seem easy. Ultimately, I decided to keep the stone and set it in this ring (index finger).
IMG_20200227_085643.jpg

Thank you for the information! The return shipping makes sense, but I am glad to hear she's open to returns.

Your spinel looks absolutely lovely...and the color combo of the whole ring is great!

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
I've bought a couple things from the gem collector, and I've had nothing but good experiences thus far.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Here is the GRS report which I am still waiting to be delivered to me :)

D1702309-A0EB-49F8-9439-691728FE8889.jpeg

vibrant orangy-red, what a mouthful!
Sounds like a flame spinel!

Thank you for the information! The return shipping makes sense, but I am glad to hear she's open to returns.

Your spinel looks absolutely lovely...and the color combo of the whole ring is great!
Thank you, MidModMin. Hope you love your stone from her if you decide to pull the trigger on a spinel from her!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Could anyone give a very rough ballpark on red spinels? The wham bam in your face ones with not too much pink or orange?

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Did you keep the stone @VividRed ita very lovely

voce

Ideal_Rock
Could anyone give a very rough ballpark on red spinels? The wham bam in your face ones with not too much pink or orange?

What do you mean, ballpark? It depends on the size. Not linear by any means.

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What do you mean, ballpark? It depends on the size. Not linear by any means.

Sorry wasn’t a well phrased question. Say around 2 carats.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
@vividrdid you end up keeping this one? It has great color, and looks like the inclusions almost make it more glowy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results