shape
carat
color
clarity

New recipes for New Cooks.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so now you are married and looking forward to marital bliss with cozy dinners for two. A few weeks pass by and before you know it you have cycled through your old trusty faves and now things are a bit, mmm, stale.

When cooking dinner last night I was thinking, ok I have 10 things I make ALOT, sooooo surely other PS''ers out there would like to share what they feed to DH.

Come on Ladies, lets share your simple dinners for two!

I''ll start:

Simple Chicken Tortilla Soup (serves about 8 bowls but we love it and eat it for lunch and dinner 2 days straight)

1 can sweet yellow corn
1 can Hominy
1 can original rotel (or hot if you like spice)
1 can diced tomatos
1 medium onion
1 or 2 cloves of garlic minced (depends on your taste)
1 Rotisserie chicken (pull apart and shred with a fork)
1 packet of Taco Seasoning (I used half as I don''t like too salty but again it is preference)
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 package of corn tortilla (or chips if you don''t want to make your own)
Couple of boxs of chicken broth (i use low sodium or organic)

Obviously this is just a base, you can add anything really.

Soften Bell Pepper, Onion and Garlic in olive oil in large pan (until onion is transparent and not brown)
add the other ingredients (not the chicken yet) and bring to the boil.

Lower to a simmer and add chicken.

Let simmer gently for 30 mins.

Serve with baked tortilla strips/ chips, shredded cheese and sliced avacado.
6.gif
3.gif
9.gif

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Great Summer Salmon.

Put 1/2 cup olive oil and 1/2 cup soy sauce into a flat pyrex dish
add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and a 1/4 cup of lemon juice- stir together till sugar is dissolved.

Marinade whole piece of salmon face down for 30+ minutes

Remove and place on large piece of foil. Place lemon or orange slices on top of the fish and sprinkle with fresh pepper and tony cacheries cajun seasoning (if desired).

Throw on grill on medium heat until fish flakes with a fork.

I usually serve with steamed broccoli and rice pilaf.
3.gif

YUM!!!

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
This is a favorite of ours (actually think it's going to be dinner tonight as well)

It's from Food Network (gotta give credit where it's due!)
This is for 3-5 servings, so you can adjust to make it for 2 easily. My comments bolded...

Ingredients
1 pound dried penne
2 chicken cutlets
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 cloves garlic, sliced (We love garlic, so we use a little more)
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I use more, we like the heat!)
3 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
2 lemons, juiced
1/2 cup grated Parmesan
Directions
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water, until al dente. Drain well.

Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat a large grill pan over medium high and add chicken. Grill until golden and completely cooked. Remove to a plate and slice into 'fingers'

Add the garlic and red pepper flakes to a saute pan with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and saute until fragrant. Add the cooked pasta and turn heat off. Mix all together.

Remove pasta to a large bowl. Add chicken to the warm pasta and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle in chopped parsley. Add the juice of 2 lemons and mix. Before serving top with Parmesan.

It's so tasty and also pretty light for a summer meal. We really like it. And it's such a breeze to make!

ETA: this would probably good with some veggies mixed in as well. I picture broccoli, julienned carrots, etc. Haven't tried it yet, but want to!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Easy Spagetti Bolognase

1 Jar Prego
1lb ground beef
1 medium Onion
1 clove garlic
2 bay leaves

Sautée Onion and Garlic (I salt and pepper as that is what my mother does)
Brown Meat and drain fat
Add prego and bay leaves

Simmer for 30 minutes +

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
Ladies -- just had to interrupt and tell you these all sound delicious! It''s one of my "now that we''re married" goals to become a better cook -- right now DH does almost all the cooking, and I really want to contribute more! So, thank you -- and keep those simple recipes coming!!
9.gif

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
This is a fantastic thread!!

Another simple easy recipe - PANINI''S!!

I cannot stress enough how wonderful these are. Elegant grilled cheese especially. And we have a sandwich press which makes it better, but you don''t have to have one.

What I love about them is I love mushrooms and anything veg (thouhg I enjoy burgers too) and DH loves anything with meat. The panini''s mean we can eat dinner with what we want but don''t have to make two separate meals.

2 slices of artisan crusty bread (sourdough is my favorite, especially pre-sliced!)
whatever fillings you want - for example, my sandiwch is usually roasted portabello mushrooms, and swiss cheese, DH''s: salami, ham, pepperoni, tomato basil pesto, oregano and basil.

Fill sandwich and sprinkle olive oil on both sides. If you have a sandwich press, I love the ''sear'' setting. That works the best for me. I''d say on a stove, put it at med/med-hi.

In a pan, you may need a pot of water to press the sandwich down while it''s cooking on the one side - that''s what makes the panini different from a grilled cheese, it''s smooshed!

Flip once and once it''s nice and crusty, dig in.

It''s simple, and probably everyone knows them, but I wanted to throw in a reminder of how simple it can be while still being tasty and somewhat ''gourmet!"

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Quick Chicken Curry

4 chicken breasts
1 medium Onion
1 clove garlic
Greys Mango Chutney
Chicken Broth (1 box)
Sharwoods Curry Powder (i use hot but I am British http://www.sharwoods.com/product-range/101/sharwoods-hot-curry-powder.htm ) the recipe is on the tub...I think it is one heaped tablespoon
Small can tomato paste (you only need 1/2)

This is one of those add to taste things. If I have sour cream I may add to it I might add salt and pepper

Sautée Onion and Garlic
Dice and cook chicken add all ingredients and simmer for 45 mins.......i would cook on your porch as it can be pretty stinky!

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
I make these fairly often:

Mexicali Burgers

Guacamole (recipe follows)
1pound ground beef
1/3cup crushed tortilla chips
1/3cup salsa or picante sauce
3tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
2tablespoons finely chopped onion
1teaspoon ground cumin
4slices Monterey Jack or Cheddar cheese
4kaiser rolls or hamburger buns, split
Lettuce leaves
Sliced tomatoes

Preparation: 1.To prevent sticking, spray grill with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare coals for grilling. Meanwhile, prepare Guacamole.

2.Combine beef, tortilla chips, salsa, cilantro, onion and cumin in medium bowl until well blended. Shape mixture into 4 burgers. Place burgers on grid over medium heat. Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (or, uncovered, 13 to 15 minutes) to medium (160°F), turning once. Place 1 slice cheese on each burger during last 1 to 2 minutes of grilling. If desired, place rolls, cut side down, on grill to toast lightly during last 1 to 2 minutes of grilling. Place burgers between rolls; top burgers with Guacamole. Serve with lettuce and tomatoes. Garnish as desired.

Recipe from Howstuffworks.com

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
Croque Monsieur

There are many recipes out here for these, but my french grandmother made them just like this

Toast one side of white bread
Place bread toasted side down and add sliced ham and sliced cheese (seriously I am talking the kraft plastic wrapped kind)
Top with sliced tomato and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Broil until cheese starts to bubble and brown. EAT.

Cheese and Onion Toastie

Toast both sides of bread and butter 1 side(2 slices)
On one slice put sliced white cheddar (I like cabot or cracker barrel sharp vermont) and thinly sliced onion, pop back under broiler til cheese is melted and onion is soft.
Top with other piece of toast. EAT.

I love this with Tomato soup mmmmmm

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo hungryyy........

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2009 12:44:53 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone
Easy Spagetti Bolognase

1 Jar Prego

1lb ground beef

1 medium Onion

1 clove garlic

2 bay leaves

Sautée Onion and Garlic (I salt and pepper as that is what my mother does)

Brown Meat and drain fat

Add prego and bay leaves

Simmer for 30 minutes +

When I really want to fancy this up I add a splash of red wine and then simmer...mmmm...so good....

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Guilt Free Fries

Cut a washed potato into 1/4" thick slices. Then rotate slices 90 degrees and slice again, resulting in french fry resembling potato sticks.

Toss in a bowl with a tablespoon or so vegetable or olive oil (I have found that veggie oil makes them crisp up nicely and clean up is easier as olive oil gets gooey in the oven).

Spread coated fries out on a baking sheet and season to your liking.

Bake in a 375-400 degree oven turning every so often to crisp evenly.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
DH and I make this at least once a week. We almost always have chili ingredients on hand. When we can get the meat on sale its a pretty cheap meal!

Easy Chili

1 lb lean ground turkey
1 packet chili seasoning
1 14 oz can diced tomatoes (sometimes I get the kind with jalapenos or green chilies mixed in)
1 14 oz can corn
1 14 oz can black beans

Brown the meat in a large pan (big enough to accommodate the cans of veggies) and drain the fat. Mix the chili seasoning with a cup of water and dump into the pan with the browned meat. Drain the corn and black beans and add to the pan. Finally, add the tomatoes *undrained* to the pan. Simmer until all of the ingredients are heated through.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Easy Chicken Marsala and Yummy Leftover Creamy Chicken Marsala

1-2 lbs chicken any cut is fine, I like cutlets
1-2 containers of fresh sliced mushrooms
1 clove of garlic
1 cup marsala cooking wine
1 cup chicken stock
parsley to garnish
four
salt
pepper
olive oil
2 tablespoons butter

Dredge chicken in flour and sautee in pan with olive oil until almost done.

Once almost done, take chicken out and set aside

Sautee garlic and mushrooms in pan until both are soft and brown. Be careful not to burn the garlic.

Once softened, add marsala and simmer down for a few minutes

Then add chicken stock and chicken and simmer some more (5-10 minutes). The flour from the chicken will thicken the sauce.

Plate the chicken with potatoes, rice, or pasta, return pan and sauce to the stove and whisk in butter 1 tablespoon at a time until incorporated.

Top chicken with sauce and sprinkle with parsley.

Easy leftover recipe

chicken marsala leftovers
bacon
cream/half and half
parm cheese

Heat leftovers on the stove. In the microwave or a separate pan, cook a small amount of bacon until crispy.

When the leftovers are heated through, add bacon and stir in a splash of cream. top with parm cheese and enjoy.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chicken Marsala (I''ve also used this sauce on fish and shellfish)

1-2 lbs chicken any cut is fine, I like cutlets
1 clove of garlic
1 cup dry white wine I use whatever is in the house
1 cup chicken stock
the juice of 1-2 lemons
parsley to garnish
four
salt
pepper
olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
capers

Dredge chicken in flour and sautee in pan with olive oil until almost done.

Once almost done, take chicken out and set aside

Sautee garlic until soft. Be careful not to burn the garlic.

Once softened, add wine and simmer down for a few minutes

Then add chicken stock and chicken and capers, and simmer some more (5-10 minutes). The flour from the chicken will thicken the sauce.

Plate the chicken with potatoes, rice, or pasta, return pan and sauce to the stove and whisk in butter 1 tablespoon at a time until incorporated.

Top chicken with sauce and sprinkle with parsley.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Roasted Asparagus (DH''s favorite!)

1 lb fresh asparagus. I try to use as young as possible so look for thin stems.
olive oil or veg oil spray
salt and pepper to taste

Cut/snap ends off of the asparagus and place on the pan. Spray with oil on both sides and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

Bake for 20 mintutes at 350 degrees (or less at 400). They get crispy and nutty and yummy...

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great thread!

I steal a lot of recipes from allrecipes.
The Pioneer Woman has unbelievable recipes, as does smitten kitchen.

This is my favorite baked ziti recipe. I make it when I''m entertaining and I want an easy meal to serve.

This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I have ever used. DH eats a lot of sweets, and he loves these.

This is what DH requests most. It really is delicious mac n'' cheese, just make sure you add a bit of milk or extra cheese if you don''t want your leftovers to dry out.

This is a great vegetarian chili recipe for the slow cooker. It got rave reviews at our last party.
I make a lot of baked chicken during the school year, but that''s super easy. We''ve been grilling like mad since DH bought a new grill.

Our favorite light meal (we try to eat light dinners a couple times a week) is good old fashioned black beans and rice. I buy Goya black beans and rice, and sazon goya for the seasoning. Yum.

I''ve also been slowly working my way through Martha Stewart''s Cooking School. Great book.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Newlywed Chicken-a better version of engagement chicken

* 1 whole chicken (approx. 3 lb.)
* 1 medium lemons
* 1 onion
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 1 stick of softened butter
* Herbs de Provence
* Kosher or sea salt
* Ground black pepper

Place rack in upper third of oven and preheat to 400 degrees.
Wash chicken inside and out with cold water, remove the giblets, then let the chicken drain, cavity down, in a colander until it reaches room temp (about 15 minutes).
Pat dry with paper towels.
mix salt, pepper, herbs and butter together (reserve some of the herbs)
Use your hand to gently separate the skin from the chicken. Rub the butter/herb mixture under the skin in the pocket you''ve created and then all over the outside. top with remaining herb mixture.
Prick the whole lemon three times with a fork and place deep inside the cavity. (Tip: If lemons are hard, roll on countertop with your palm to get juices flowing.) Also put garlic and onion in the cavity (for something different try an apple instead of the lemon)
Place the bird breast-side down on a rack in a roasting pan, lower heat to 350 degrees and bake uncovered for 15 minutes.
Remove from oven and turn it breast-side up (use wooden spoons!); return it to oven for 35 minutes more.
Test for doneness—a meat thermometer inserted in the thigh should read 180 degrees, or juices should run clear when chicken is pricked with a fork.
Continue baking if necessary.
Let chicken cool for a few minutes before carving.
Serve with juices and potatoes.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
DH and I like stuffed shells and manicotti. It''s the same recipe (and really easy, which is one of the reasons I love it!), but you can make it with either manicotti noodles or with "jumbo" shell noodles.

You need:

A jar of marinara sauce
1 box manicotti noodles
1 (16 oz) container of cottage cheese
1 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese

Boil the noodles until they''re cooked and drain out the water. Mix together the cottage cheese and mozzarella cheese in a bowl (but leave about a handful of mozzarella cheese in the bag). Cover the bottom of the pan/dish you are using with marinara sauce. Take each manicotti noodle and stuff it with the mixture of cheese and line all the stuffed noodles in the pan. When you''re done stuffing the noodles and putting them in the pan, put more marinara sauce on top of the noodles (it doesn''t have to cover them completely, but it can if you don''t want the ends of the noodles to get dried out in the oven). Take the handful of mozzarella cheese and sprinkle it over the top to make it look pretty
3.gif
Then bake in the oven covered for 35 minutes at 350.

If you want stuffed shells instead of manicotti, do the same thing, but stuff the large shells with cheese instead of the manicotti.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cottage Pie

1 lb ground beef
1 onion
1 packet of brown gravy mix
splash of red wine (beer could be used too I suppose)
6 cups of mashed potatoes (mix is OK)
1 can of sweet corn
1 small bag of frozen corn
Paprika or shredded cheese (either is optional)

Sautee ground beef and onion until browned. Pour off oil (NEWLYWED HINT-DO NOT POUR DOWN YOUR KITCHEN DRAIN!!!)
Add packet of gravy mix and water according to the directions
Add wine or beer
Transfer into a large baking dish
Make potatoes according to your recipe. More often than not I''ll use mix, but I''ve made it with homemade and it''s AWESOME! I usually just don''t have the time for homemade mashed.
Top meat with corn-I use 1 can and the frozen because the can is usually sweeter and has more of a corn flavor, but I like the frozen texture/freshness better.
Top corn with the potatoes and top with cheese or paprika (note I don''t use both!)

Bake at 350 until gravy is bubbling around the edges and the potatoes are browned.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
meatloaf

2 lbs ground beef
1 medium onion diced
1 clove of garlic diced
1 cup of progresso italian-seasoned breadcrumbs
2 eggs
a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce
katsup

Let ground beef come to room temp (so you don''t freeze your hands when mixing)
mix in onion, garlic, breadcrumbs, eggs, and WS and mix with your hands until well incorporated.
Form into a log and place in a loaf pan or on a cookie sheet with sides.

Bake at 400 for 40 minutes. I baste mine with ketsup after 20 minutes.

Serve with peas, mashed potatoes and mmmm MORE ketsup!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
zucchini lasagne

A bunch of zucchini (not exact, depends on the size of the pan...)
1 bag of baby spinach leaves
ricotta cheese (large container)
mozzarella cheese (a little or a lot-I like a lot, so 2 bags of shredded will do)
Large jar Prego spagetti sauce
1/3 cup Parmasean cheese (again, a little or a lot)
1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf Parsley
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
salt and pepper
1 egg

Mix ricotta, parm cheese, egg, parsley, garlic powder salt and pepper together in a bowl and set aside.
Slice zucchini length-wise in 1/4 inch thick slices

Grease a large DEEP baking dish.
Use the zuchinni like pasta noodles and lay over the sauce.
Top with cheese mixture-spread evenly in one thin coat
sprinkle with mozz cheese
top cheese mixture with spinach
top spinach with sauce
repeat until you''re 2/3 to the top of the pan (this lasagne expands a lot)
Top with remaining cheese mixture and mozzarella
Bake at 375 for an hour
If you see the cheese getting too brown, cover with tinfoil.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
My recipe for regular lasagne is very similar.

1 box of Lasagne noodles (I''ve used no bake but I prefer the boil kind and they don''t take too much time. Just boil them while you''re browning the meat and preping everything else)
1/2 lb ground beef
1/2 lb italian sausage (remove casings)
ricotta cheese (large container)
mozzarella cheese (a little or a lot-I like a lot, so 2 bags of shredded will do)
Large jar Prego spagetti sauce
1/3 cup Parmasean cheese (again, a little or a lot)
1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf Parsley
1 teaspoon Garlic powder
salt and pepper
1 egg

Mix ricotta, parm cheese, egg, parsley, garlic powder salt and pepper together in a bowl and set aside.
boil noodles until aldente and set aside to cool (hint-add oil to the water to keep the noodles from sticking to each other)
Brown ground beef and sausage, mix with sauce.

Grease a large DEEP baking dish.
Lay a layer of pasta noodles over the sauce.
Top with cheese mixture-spread evenly in one thin coat
sprinkle with mozz cheese
top with sauce and meat mixture
repeat until you''re 2/3 to the top of the pan (this lasagne expands a lot)
Top with remaining cheese mixture and mozzarella
Bake at 375 for an hour
If you see the cheese getting too brown, cover with tinfoil.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
and now it''s time for lunch!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy moly, Steph and IWPO! I''m freakin'' hungry now!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are a few I''ve recently posted to my food blog:

Pasta Primavera with a White Wine Sauce

Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. good quality olive oil
1 lb. fresh pasta sheets, sliced into pappardelle or dried pappardelle
8 oz. Crimini mushrooms, quartered
1 shallot, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 celery stalk, sliced thinly
1 good handful of fresh thyme, leaves picked
5 oz. pancetta, sliced thinly
1/2 cup dry white wine
sea salt and freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup freshly grated parmagianno reggiano

Directions:

Prepare the pasta according to package directions.

In a saute pan over medium heat, add the oil, and when the oil comes up to temperature, slowly cook the pancetta until it is slightly crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove the pancetta and reserve.

Over medium-high heat, add the shallot to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes, then add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about a minute. Add the celery, thyme, and mushrooms, and saute for another 8-10 minutes on medium heat until the mushrooms are soft.

Add the wine and cook until the sauce reduces a bit, then season to taste with salt and pepper, and add the parmagianno reggianno.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chicken Roulades with Basil and Banana Peppers

Ingredients:
1/2 cup plus 1/3 cup low-fat plain yogurt
1 Tbsp plus 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
2 tsp chopped fresh chives
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
2 fresh banana peppers, seeded and chopped finely
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, about 6 oz. each, pounded to 3/4 of an inch
Salt and freshly ground pepper
1 cup fine fresh bread crumbs of panko bread crumbs
1/2 cup grated parmaggiano or pecorino romano cheese

Directions:

To make the sauce, stir together 1/2 cup yogurt, the 1 Tbsp mustard, and the chives in a small bowl. Let the sauce stand at room temperature to lose it’s chill while the chicken bakes

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly brush a non stick baking sheet with some of the melted butter.

Sprinkle 1 1/2 tsp of the basil and peppers and a pinch of the cheese in the center of 1 chicken breast and season with salt and pepper. Fold in the short ends of the breast about 1/2 inch. Starting at the long side, roll up the breast, enclosing the basil, peppers, and cheese. Repeat with remaining breasts.

In a shallow bowl, stir together the 1/3 cup yogurt and the remaining 1 tsp mustard. In a shallow dish, stir together the bread crumbs and cheese. Roll each chicken breast in the yogurt mixture, and then coat with the crumb mixture. Place on the prepared baking sheet, and drizzle with the remainging melted butter. Bake until the coating is golden brown and the chicken shows no sign of pink when cut into the center, about 30 minutes. Serve hot, with a dollop of sauce on the side.

I served mine with some steamed green beans and fresh cherry tomatoes. Enjoy!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pan Fried Pork Chops with a Mustard Wine Sauce

Ingredients:
2 Bone in pork chops
1 egg, beaten
Panko bread crumbs
Parmeggiano
1 large shallot, or 2 medium sized shallots, sliced thin
Fresh thyme
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 Tbsp Whole Grain Mustard
2 Tbsp cream
Season pork chops liberally with salt and pepper.

Beat 1 egg, and dredge pork chops in the beaten egg, then dredge them through a mixture of panko and finely grated parm.

Pan fry in a bit of olive oil (or butter), 6 minutes per side until just about rare. Remove from pan and reserve on a warm plate.

Add a bit more olive oil, lightly saute the shallots until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the thyme leaves and cook for about 1 more minute.

Deglaze the pan with the wine, cook for about a minute. and then add the mustard and cream, stirring it to gether.

Add the pork back to the pan and bring it to a bit of a simmer. Cook until done to your preferred temperature.

I served these with some roasted potatoes and some lightly dressed cherry tomatoes.

Enjoy!

panfriedporkchopswithshallotsandwine-350x234.jpg

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
And, one of my all time favourites:

Date and Olive Braised Chicken Thighs

Ingredients:
2 lb. chicken thighs, bone in, skin on
olive oil
salt and pepper
1 Tbsp Garam Masala
1 Tsp Curry powder
2 Tsp Cayenne Pepper
1 Tbsp creme of coconut, or substitute 1/4 cup coconut milk
1 medium onion, diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, roughly chopped
1/2 cup pitted dates, roughly chopped
Zest of one lemon
A good handful of fresh oregano and thyme, leaves picked
1 cup of white wine
good quality chicken stock
Cooked Basmati rice

Directions:

Season the chicken thighs liberally with salt and pepper. In a heavy duty pan or Dutch Oven, heat the olive oil over medium high heat and add the chicken thighs, skin down. Cook for a good 6 or 7 minutes to get some colour on the skin, and turn over the chicken thighs, and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove the chicken thighs from the pan and reserve on a warm plate.

Add the onion to the pan along with some oil and cook for a couple of minutes until translucent, then add the garlic and cook for an additional minute. Add the olives, dates, lemon zest, and herbs, along with the garam masala, the curry powder, the creme of coconut, and the cayenne pepper. Stir to incorporate, and then add the wine and enough chicken stock to cover the chicken.

Return the chicken to the pot, bring to a boil, and then reduce the heat to simmer for another 30 minutes or until the chicken is tender, but not falling off of the bone.

Serve over Basmati rice cooked with lemon zest. Enjoy!

dateandolivebraisedchickenthighs-350x255.jpg

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Wowowow these are great!! What an awesome thread!
9.gif
Can I put in a request for a crock pot/slow cooker chicken noodle soup recipe and a crock pot/slow cooker pot roast recipe? I used my friend''s pot roast recipe and it didn''t go so well..roast was great, but the veggies were only so-so.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results