shape
carat
color
clarity

New question - advices appreciated!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I am looking for a pair of roundish-maybe baroque pearls, grey or white or slightly pinkish, color not that important but something lighter.

And I need the ones with the highest lustre. So that the other stone would reflect in them.

I wanted to ask the community, what kind of pearls are the most reflective ones? Very high quality grey Tahitians, or flameballs, or Edisons, or something else? As I have said, the type/shape are less important, they just need to be drillable and have the most reflective surface. Size - anywhere from 9 to 15 mm.

I was looking at Kojima pearls, they have nice pairs, but my question still stays - the task is to find something that would reflect the other color as well as possible.

Thank you, everyone who contributes.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Freshwater golds are often the most shiny of all the colours while purples are the least

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freshwater golds are often the most shiny of all the colours while purples are the least

Thank you! What about Edisons?

I guess I have to explain - I want the pearls to look like dew drops. Sometimes when you look at dew drops they resemble mercury. This is the effect I am after.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe some metallic white freshwater drops, then?

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Silvery Tahitians might give you that effect? Or blue akoyas??

Gloria27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I would say blue baroque akoyas look like that, at least to my eye. And I said baroque because I think they have a bit more orient than the round ones, or maybe I'm wrong...
These are on my to buy list also, I think they are gorgeous.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's possible to find freshwater, white south sea and light Tahitians with mirror-like surface. Here's a close-up of my metallic fw drops that show reflection of the phone. 20131108_153724.jpg

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's possible to find freshwater, white south sea and light Tahitians with mirror-like surface. Here's a close-up of my metallic fw drops that show reflection of the phone. 20131108_153724.jpg
The reflection is so cool!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results