carat
color
clarity

New Project - Radiant Diamond Reset

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone ...

Long story, short. I have a 2ct radiant diamond (crushed ice) which my husband had set into a handmade platinum bling ring for our 10th anniversary. Love the setting, love the diamond. Just not together!

I found the melee overwhelmed the diamond so I had the halo plated in rose gold. That worked for a while but now the rose gold is wearing off.

So, I'm thinking of popping the diamond out of the setting and resetting it into a solitaire setting with perhaps a very fine pave diamond band - or not. Can't decide. It is currently a right hand ring but I'd be happy to have it set as an alternative wedding set (if I can ever bring myself to take my 3 stone OEC off) or as another right hand ring.

As the original setting was very expensive, I'm going to try and get a colored gemstone custom cut to fit into it so I can reuse it - hopefully having the rose gold plating buffed off once the diamond is removed.

Anyway, I know that a lot of you are not fans of the crushed ice look - but I'm hoping you will not let that prejudice you and that you will help. I do really like it in this stone and I want to give it a home it deserves. Any suggestions?

ring_setting_1.jpg

ring_setting_2.jpg

IAmMrsWhite

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I also have a 2 carat radiant with a halo. My band is thin which I like so it doesn't take away from the diamond. I do agree with you in the fact that I wouldn't like the diamond and setting together due to both demanding too much attention. With that said, I think you would enjoy putting it on a solitaire setting with a thin band or a thin halo. You will be able to focus on the center stone more without competing with the band. Here is mine. Overall 2.30ctw with the center stone being 2ct. I got engaged on 10.24.14 and "Diamond Shrinkage Syndrome" has already set in!!! (Less than 3 months engaged) OMG it's awful :errrr: I talked to the Fiance last night about my obsession with the number 3 and how I really want a 3 carat stone and he actually took it very well. He said "we'll look into it. I'll get you whatever you want" :love: :appl: :dance: :clap: So yay!!! :D

sandy_s_ring.jpg

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mrs White. I think you are right, a finer setting will suit the stone better as the current one has too much metal. I shall explore options. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results