shape
carat
color
clarity

New Pearl Buyer Needs Help

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've been trying to educate myself a little on pearls as my hubby wants to give me some for my retirement. I am a redhead/blondish and read that rosier overtones are better and am looking at these....can anyone give me thoughts as to yay/nay?? I'm looking for 16" length and I'm guessing 8.5-10mm? Is one vendor better than the other? The

https://www.thepearlsource.com/9.5-10mm-hanadama-akoya-white-pearl-necklace.html ($5400 w/coupon code) - 9.5-10mm, rose overtone

https://www.pearlsofjoy.com/product...arl-necklace-8-5-9-0mm?variant=39806442963005 ($4409) - 8.5-9mm

I assume both of these vendors are still highly recommended. Thanks in advance!

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
and now I just read the 16" choker could be 14-16".....that's a big difference. Maybe I should go with 17 or 18"?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
and now I just read the 16" choker could be 14-16".....that's a big difference. Maybe I should go with 17 or 18"?

Excellent idea
I find 16" a tad too tight although they will loosen up a little if strung on natural silk
you can always take a pearl out and make it smaller but its a pain in the butt to have to get a couple of extra pearls to match to make it longer post purchase

And a lovelly gift idea from your hubby

looking forward to you showing us what you end up getting

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
Did The Pearl Source acquire Pearls of Joy? POJ website looks completely different and seems to be offering the same designs as TPS now. Huh? It’s a big change.

I think trying on different sizes is great advice. Pearls always seem smaller once they‘re around your neck. I noticed that Pearl Paradise have online appointments now. I’d personally go that route and then ask for pictures to help you choose.

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I ended up trying some on some Mikimoto's from a local jewelry store and felt the 18" were okay, but I preferred 16"....also discovered that the 7-7.5mm felt 'fine' and not too small; however, I still desired a little larger. I ended up ordering from The Pearl Source, 17", rose overtone, 9-9.5mm and a pair of earrings to match -- found a 15% off coupon. Hope I am not disappointed!!

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
If you could try on it would be great. With your coloring, gold South sea pearls would also be stunning.

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am absolutely thrilled with my pearls from TPS. This is 17" and I find it's the perfect link - not choking me but will show with practically every shirt other than a turtleneck. I love the rose overtones. These are 9-9.5mm Hanadama Akoyas, 17". I can't wait to wear them 'for real' as I just had on a crappy gym t-shirt this afternoon. :) thumbnail_IMG_2755.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2742.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2751.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2745.jpg

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_2755.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_2755.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 6

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Ok those are absolutely gorgeous! Congrats on your retirement and this stunning set

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I am absolutely thrilled with my pearls from TPS. This is 17" and I find it's the perfect link - not choking me but will show with practically every shirt other than a turtleneck. I love the rose overtones. These are 9-9.5mm Hanadama Akoyas, 17". I can't wait to wear them 'for real' as I just had on a crappy gym t-shirt this afternoon. :) thumbnail_IMG_2755.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2742.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2751.jpg thumbnail_IMG_2745.jpg

Are these with the white or rose overtone?

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock

What a fabulous strand. Looks beautiful on you. too. Congratulations on your retirement.

lmyracle

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Are these with the white or rose overtone?

These are the rose overtone. I second-guessed my decision and was certain I would be sending them back as they'd be too pink, but they're not!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

Those are gorgeous
The luster is awsome
i can almost see my own reflection in them

either ban turtle necks or wear the pearls over the top
These babies are too nice to ever be left at home

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results