shape
carat
color
clarity

New: ordered marquise diamond, thoughts please!

diamondsR4eVR

Brilliant_Rock
OP, GL on your 2nd marriage! I can relate to a lot of what you said. I’m recently engaged and wanted the COMPLETE opposite this time around as well. I also wanted an EC, but the carat weight I wanted was out of budget. I can’t wait to see the finished product. I know you said it will be awhile...so I’m here for the wait. :)

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My marquise is a real sparkle bomb.

barbie86

Shiny_Rock
@barbie86 , I love your choice! I have a 1.05 ct marquise in a halo about the same size as your setting. I am a size 6 for reference. I can’t wait to see yours on your finger! BE4D2007-DFAB-4E80-9EDE-AE6137909272.jpeg

Your ring is gorgeous! Very pretty.

I disagree with @VeryUndecided about marquise and sparkle. I think they sparkle wonderfully (of course not all of them, but the well cut and eye-clean ones do). They are differnt than rounds, and don't throw fire/sparkle in the same way, but I Think they are gorgeous.

That's good to hear! I like how they perform in videos I've seen. Very happy with my choice; if I had wanted a round I would have got a round lol, but I didn't.

This is going to be a beautiful ring!

Thank you!

barbie86

Shiny_Rock
The very small looking facets will concentrate the colour - like near the tips. The light from the broad Flashes in the central area has travelled thru way less K colour and will look whiter than the parts that bounced around 10 times where the facets look like crushed ice.

Very helpful, thank you :) bit bummed as hoping for some warmth, but hoping the platinum halo may maximize any warmth that is there. And I will take warmth in the tips over none at all lol.

barbie86

Shiny_Rock
OP, GL on your 2nd marriage! I can relate to a lot of what you said. I’m recently engaged and wanted the COMPLETE opposite this time around as well. I also wanted an EC, but the carat weight I wanted was out of budget. I can’t wait to see the finished product. I know you said it will be awhile...so I’m here for the wait. :)

Thank you :) Glad I'm not alone in going the complete opposite in style.

And yeah, ECs are gorgeous but I only like them above 1.5ct, and with super high clarity and colour. So they were way out of budget. Maybe a RHR one day!

My marquise is a real sparkle bomb.

This is great to hear! So excited

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results