shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW New/Old Transitional Pendant

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
My 40th birthday is in two days and this morning I was awakened by the doorbell and a FedEx package from my mom. Since my hubby is out of town for V-Day, I woke up a little blue and decided to open my birthday present a little early.

My sweet mother sent me my great grandmother's transitional diamond pendant! I was named after her so it's even more dear to my heart. It was her engagement ring and after she passed away, my grandmother wore the ring until arthritis took over as she had it converted into this lovely pendant.

The center stone measures approximately 7mm so it's somewhere in the 1.25ish range maybe? I can't stop looking at it (which is hard when it's around my neck, lol). It is eye clean, even under 60x lighted magnification but it does have a chip in the girdle (hidden under a prong). It's brilliant and throws a lot of fire. It has a very tiny, almost non-existent culet. It faces up pretty white but its anyone's guess what the actual color grade is. Both the outside of my house and my bedroom where I took the photos are shades of yellow... And I just noticed I was also wearing a yellow shirt, lol.

I usually hang out in the CS area but wanted to crow a little. :angel:

2017-02-14_09.jpg

img_20170214_101346022.jpg

img_20170214_093300183.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that looks amazing! :love: Such a thoughtful thing for your Mom to do! :appl:

You should take it to a real appraiser and learn some more about it (color/clarity/insurance value/etc).
https://www.pricescope.com/appraisers

You should have this moved to the "Show me the Bling" forum so others can admire...

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a pretty stone and pendant! Looks lovely on you!! :love: :appl:

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Ac117 and Tyty333, Thank you!

Thanks also for the link to appraisers...I never thought to look on pricescope for that (but should have!)

Requesting to move this thread... Thanks for the suggestion. :D

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Keeliamira|1487086176|4128573 said:
My 40th birthday is in two days and this morning I was awakened by the doorbell and a FedEx package from my mom. Since my hubby is out of town for V-Day, I woke up a little blue and decided to open my birthday present a little early.

My sweet mother sent me my great grandmother's transitional diamond pendant! I was named after her so it's even more dear to my heart. It was her engagement ring and after she passed away, my grandmother wore the ring until arthritis took over as she had it converted into this lovely pendant.

The center stone measures approximately 7mm so it's somewhere in the 1.25ish range maybe? I can't stop looking at it (which is hard when it's around my neck, lol). It is eye clean, even under 60x lighted magnification but it does have a chip in the girdle (hidden under a prong). It's brilliant and throws a lot of fire. It has a very tiny, almost non-existent culet. It faces up pretty white but its anyone's guess what the actual color grade is. Both the outside of my house and my bedroom where I took the photos are shades of yellow... And I just noticed I was also wearing a yellow shirt, lol.

Wow! it's really beautiful.. It is classy... I LOVE IT!. A wonderful mom you have!

:love: :love: :love:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 40th! What a lovely and thoughtful present from your mum. It's a beautiful piece in its own right and that family history makes it even more special. Wear it it in health and happiness.

poshmommy

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pendant! Happy Birthday!

Q

Queenie60

Such a wonderful treasure. It's beautiful - enjoy and happy birthday. :love: :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is gorgeous and such a special piece for you!! I love stories like this and hope you enjoy this pendant for many years to come!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
Oh MY! That is very beautiful! That antique setting is gorgeous. Your grandmother had great taste in jewelry for sure. Nice gift...lucky you!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An absolutely glorious pendant and a classic which will wear beautifully forever!

Congratulations on your new piece, and what a wonderful memento to remind you of your grandmother. Just lovely right across the board - it's one of my favorite pieces to grace the Pricescope pages of recent times.

ETA When I get a moment, I'm going to add this beauty to the PS Hall of Fame thread; we're short on pendants in that thread, and this is a classic! One suggestion - would you consider a slightly longer chain, so you got just a tad more 'drop' to the necklace? Without being large, the pendant is still a substantial size, so a slightly longer chain might give it more balance, rather than having it sit quite so high on your neck. Anyway, just a thought.

Enjoy! :appl:

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much Tejas, foxinsox, poshmommy, Queenie60, MissGotRocks, ariel144, mrs-b! I am truly thrilled with it!
I'm going to try to take some flower photos today.

Mrs-b, I definitely want it on a longer chain. The chain in the photo is only 16". I think 18" would be close to prefect. Unfortunately, when I tried to remove the chain, I realized I can't get the old chain off without damaging it. I'm heading off to the jeweler's today!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
A few more pics...
First is in incandescent light, then outside in the shade. No edits. Anyone want to take a guess at color?

20170215_113755.jpg

20170215_114354.jpg

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love your pendant! :love:

december-fire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, what a beautiful pendant! :love: :love: :love:

I love jewellery that has been passed down through a family.

Happy Birthday!

:wavey:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful and such a treasure! It doesn't get better than that!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A truly BEAUTIFUL pendant!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Happy birthday.

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful!! I guess G color. Happy birthday and Valentine's Day. Your mom is cool!!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Kathleen, December-fire, luv2sparkle, Stone Hunter, and Ringo825. It's made turning 40 not-so-bad lol. And yes, my mom is cool. At 65 she's still driving her BMW convertible in stilettos. I can only hope to have her verve.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So beautiful. Stunning pendant design and I love the story behind the pendant.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Keeliamira|1487086176|4128573 said:

Happy belated birthday and gorgeous pendant!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pendant! And lovely story behind it. Happy 40th!

Keeliamira

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Acinom, CravingDiamonds (aren't we all?), and Missy!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Wow!!! This is one of the most beautiful pendants that I have ever seen. I love the family story as well.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results