shape
carat
color
clarity

New offer (What to you think)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JoeyB_9

Rough_Rock
Hi,
I''ve received a new offer on a princess cut diamond I''m looking for. Here''s the dimensions that I''ve received.. Can you tell me what you think.. How''s the price?? I didn''t get the crown height, I should right? I appreciate all your help.

Princess
carat 1.02 cts

color E

clarity VS 1

Price $ 5,386

Table 70 %

Girdle Medium

Depth 70.6 %

Symmetry Good

Polish Very Good

Fluorescence None

Specs as per GIA certificate:

Thanks again,
JB

Emrldforher

Rough_Rock
I'm not saying this is the "end all be all" and only point of decision, but I have always looked at the AGA cut grade chart as a starting point. You can look at this at gemappraisers.com. I did not even really review your specs, but just wanted to give you another reference point. As most people would tell you, you really have to see diamonds (especially fancies) to really get a feel for the "bling bling"
1.gif
Hope this is helpful.

E

lawmax

Brilliant_Rock
Hi E!
wavey.gif

Long time no "see".
wavey.gif

JoeyB...get more information and if it is not available, shop a vendor who can provide you with as much as possible, will allow you to have an independent appraiser check out the stone, and has a good return policy.

Good luck
1.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 2/25/2004 7:28:37 AM JoeyB_9 wrote:

Hi,

I didn't get the crown height, I should right?

----------------

Sounds interesting ! If a "flat crown" does not bother you, these specs are about right. I would try to get an idea on light return before settling for this particular stone, and this most likely means having it appraised during the return period or playing with an Iscope, if such home-made precission is acceptable for you. Otherwise, I can't see any major bad point with the available numbers.

Given the potential variation of crown height, the AGA class of this stone could be 1B or 2A (top two, no issues...) as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results