shape
carat
color
clarity

New Member Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Hello everyone,
I am new to the Pricescope forums.I have been lurking for awhile but have been impressed by the forum and the member''s passion for jewelry,quality gems and the jewelry trade in general. I have been in the trade for many years and love it.I have G.I.A. backround and enjoy every facet(sorry about the pun) of the trade from management to buying for a B&M to the identification of antique pieces.I have been employed by different types of jewelry stores over the years...small family owned stores that focus on custom work and high end designer wedding sets to a nationwide chain store.My favorite position was working for a department store who''s jewelry section specilized in un-usual estate and antique jewelry.My favorite areas of study and research is on jewelry made by famous jewelry houses and pieces made by American Indian tribes(Hopi,Zuni,Navajo).I am looking foward to getting to know more about the forum and its members.Thanks for letting me take the time to introduce myself.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome, we have beautiful turquoise jewelry here in NM!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Skippy123,
Thanks for the welcome.I see you are a regular on the forum and im looking foward to reading more of your posts.NM is a major center for finding quality american indian jewelry.Do you wear or collect this area of jewelry? I would enjoy seeing any of your pieces!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome!!! You''ll find PS is a friendly place!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome to Pricescope.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to PS, I look forward to reading your posts!!!
35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope
35.gif

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
Hi Jewelerman. Welcome aboard. You''ll have fun on this board.

God I love that Native American jewelry. It has such personality, and character.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello Jewelerman! We look forward to having you with us.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome aboard, and note under Forum Policies the following:

10. Members of the diamond and jewelry trade must identify themselves by specifying their personal and business names in their profiles.

Although I think an exception or two has been made.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Welcome aboard! I'm sure with your experience you will no doubt be able to help out around here.

Have fun!

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Welcome to Pricescope. You and a few others will get a laugh about this Easterner, me, when I took the exam for Sr. Mbr., American Society of Appraisers eons ago. One of the questions had something to do with how I would handle an appraisal of a Zuni necklace. I think I have learned a bit in the past 35 years since, but at the time my only response was, "What's a Zuni?" About 10 years after I took this exam, I met the gentlemen who had graded my exam and he still found my answer one of those classics that he just couldn't forget. We still get a kick out of how this humourously demonstrates the many fine types of knowledge and expertise required for someone who says they appraise all jewelry. No one can know it all and your special knowledge, whatever it is, is always needed and appreciated.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Old Miner,
Thanks for the fun story.I agree with you that there is always something to learn in the jewelry world.This is one of the reasons that I find our trade so facinating.I have learned from your posts as well as Mr.Shermans and the Denver Appraiser''s posts.This is one of the reasons i started reading the forum regularly.I grew up in the west where many people regard quality indian jewelry on the same level as their diamond pieces.I can be seen now and again wearing an old heavy silver twist bracelet with a yellow gold hand engraved signet ring circa 1890s.What is funny is that the bracelet and the ring have the same value ,but ive had a fellow collector and appraiser refer to the bracelet as high end costume jewelry.As professionals and collectors continued interest and education is so important!Thanks fro the warm welcome to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results