shape
carat
color
clarity

New MDZ rings!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just received two rings from My Diamond Zone (MDZ) that I ordered in December. I am very impressed with the quality, how sturdy they are, and all of the details/engraving for how low the price point is. I sent them my center stones, and they modified existing settings to fit my stones. Each ring was around $375 including the modifications, which is incredible given how high the quality is.

I was somewhat hesitant about MDZ given how low the prices are, but after seeing some of their work here I finally decided to go for it, and am glad I did! I'm definitely going to send them more of my stones to set. :appl:

The gem silica is from Terri of TLC gems (she sells both on Etsy and her private website: http://www.tlcgems51.com). Its just below a carat and sourced from Arizona I believe.

The blue zircon is a 3.3 carat (ish) cushion cut from Roger Dery. Roger was SO patient with me and accommodated my thousand questions about which zircon was the most "paraiba-like" in color. After seeing 3 stones I knew this was "the one", and am absolutely thrilled with how it looks set. I love it even more when set than when loose.

20160122_191123.jpg 20160122_191029.jpg 20160122_191022.jpg 20160122_191156.jpg 20160122_191045.jpg 20160122_191102.jpg 20160122_191237.jpg 20160122_191110.jpg 20160122_191243.jpg 20160122_190949.jpg

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings lovedogs. :dance:

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
lovedogs. Thanks so much for creating this thread. First because these beauties deserve attention and second because I have some questions

But first things first. The color in these two gems. Just wow! I remember you buying a number of blue green stones last years and I liked them then but seeing them set... Now that I know more about zircons I see what an unusual color you have. I love the green in it. And the gem silica is also beautiful in the white gold. I really like the extra thick prons in the zircon. I also really like the gem silica in the vintage setting. How does the height feel?

As for working with MDZ I have a couple questions:

1. Is there a place to see all their settings? It seems like the settings shown in the website and the ebay store rotate I have never even seen the one you used for the zircon
2 How did you initiate the process? Email/ phone first or did you buy first and then call?

I guess for now it's just those 2 questions. Thanks!!!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! Glad you created a separate thread for your MDZ rings. Gorgeous!!!
I love your green blue stone collection and it's great to see them become the stars of amazing rings.
Thanks for sharing :wavey:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sungura|1453610025|3980586 said:
lovedogs. Thanks so much for creating this thread. First because these beauties deserve attention and second because I have some questions

But first things first. The color in these two gems. Just wow! I remember you buying a number of blue green stones last years and I liked them then but seeing them set... Now that I know more about zircons I see what an unusual color you have. I love the green in it. And the gem silica is also beautiful in the white gold. I really like the extra thick prons in the zircon. I also really like the gem silica in the vintage setting. How does the height feel?

As for working with MDZ I have a couple questions:

1. Is there a place to see all their settings? It seems like the settings shown in the website and the ebay store rotate I have never even seen the one you used for the zircon
2 How did you initiate the process? Email/ phone first or did you buy first and then call?

I guess for now it's just those 2 questions. Thanks!!!

Hi Sungura, those are good questions! :wavey:
1) You are spot on about the rotating settings--that was something that I always found slightly annoying when I was initially considering working with them, and there doesn't seem to be a way to see all options at once. But they are very responsive to emails so if you dont see something that you are interested in but can describe what you are looking for via email they would likely be able to help (that's what they told me when I wasn't sure if any of the existing settings would fit my stone).

2) I believe I messaged them through eBay initially and expressed interest in those 2 settings (and others that did not end up working for my stone size). I asked if the existing settings could be modified to fit my stones, how much it would cost, etc. I think pretty early in the process (maybe the 2nd day and 2nd email) we began communicating via my personal email rather than though eBay. But it was very easy--we never spoke via phone (although I'm sure I could have called), I felt comfortable with everything being explained through email :)

I hope this helps! I definitely do 100% recommend working with them if you want quality but are also budget conscious. Certainly they won't have things as intricate/one-of-a-kind/high end as someone like DK or others that do all custom work, but for me the ratio of quality to price was totally worth it and I'm thrilled with the outcome :)

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely rings. I really like the color of your gems and think the engravings add a vintage feel.

Sungura

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much lovedogs. That's exactly the info I need. I have a number of small stones I have wanted to set in mdz settings. I also have some stones I will want to do in completely custom settings but that's planned for later in the year.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sungura|1453674684|3980839 said:
Thanks so much lovedogs. That's exactly the info I need. I have a number of small stones I have wanted to set in mdz settings. I also have some stones I will want to do in completely custom settings but that's planned for later in the year.

Also I forgot to answer your question about how the height feels. The zircon is definitely higher than most rings I own, but not overly high (and also something I expected given how deep the stone is). But luckily the prongs are thick and the setting still feels secure. :)

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Love the color of that zircon, especially! I'm a MDZ fan as well.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a lot of setting for under $400! The quality looks very good for the price. Congrats on your new rings. :appl:

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely gems and settings!

I also enjoy working with MDZ, and find their vintage vibe to be right up my alley. Great to know that they can accommodate modifications so well.

I find I am able to see most of their offerings if I click on the 'settings/mounts' category of their store. If there is something I particularly like, I 'watch' it that way I won't lose it. I like how they put the ideal and max parameters for stone dimensions in the setting description.

Congrats, enjoy your new rings!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results