shape
carat
color
clarity

New Master Gem drops

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dana posted some new gems, some real beauties there. Snap up the ones you like before they are all gone, lol.
http://www.mastercutgems.com/index.php?page=view&cat=284

I've never been into oranges (they look awful awful on me) but I could just eat this one.
So fess up if you bought it cause I want more photos!

22872.jpg

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Well, that was fun! Quite the frenzy of buying! :cheeky:

I'd love to know who got that spess, too...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it’s a PSer who will take pictures. Dana said he’s out of Namibian spessartite rough that will cut stones over 5 carats so he must have dug this out from somewhere else. ;))

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice, Bluegirl, I especially like the spinel (now there's a surprise :loopy: ). I see the violet on my monitor, but it would be great if you posted IRL photos once you get the stones.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooo, you got the flame spinel then eh? I'm jealous, the color looks lovely! Although I'm still hoping he posts something that's a more true and vivid red.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
That spess is beautiful but it looks more red than orange or is something wrong with my screen (could be the case)?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it is reddish on my monitor as well. There are spessartites that are reddish although so far, they seem to be of Nigerian origin.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1296506515|2838439 said:
Yes, it is reddish on my monitor as well. There are spessartites that are reddish although so far, they seem to be of Nigerian origin.

Namibian material also almost always has inclusions, and they're never eye clean except for a rare few.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Recently there have been an abundance of eye-clean Namibians on the market. I've come to learn that "Namibian" is not necessarily a guarantee of best color, nor is "Lloliondo". We all have seen pictures of sapphires from Kashmir area sold at more than affordable prices because of the quality. (I think there was a question, or a thread on the PS re. this issue).

I tried buying Namibian spessartites from several sources for my newest project and can not say that they are necessarily better than other stones. Some have brown modifier, some are more red than orange and some are too pale. In fact the best stone I have yet chosen is not from Namibia.

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
That spess is my kind of orange, I like them with a little red. :love: Oh why was I asleep! ;(

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
its a red spess on my monitor, also. red with orange undertones.

MoZo

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovinggems|1296518374|2838677 said:
That spess is my kind of orange, I like them with a little red. :love: Oh why was I asleep! ;(

I wasn't asleep, and I missed it too! It looks like a delicious blood orange doesn't it?

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Gosh, just goes to show you, I have been checking MCG every day since Christmas for updates, and then there is a drop
sometime today....
Well, saves my wallet that those beautiful Spess are all gone, whew, saved again....

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
oooh it's so pretty! grumble grumble... the one day i come into work late...

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1296519078|2838703 said:
Lovinggems|1296518374|2838677 said:

I wasn't asleep, and I missed it too! It looks like a delicious blood orange doesn't it?

Yes a piece of juicy blood orange. I have a fire opal with similar colour from Barry and he mentioned he prefer spess to be this colour too.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Chrono, I hate to bring up a sore subject, but was this the controversial spess?

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
There are a couple of really fine blue zircons on the site too...and those spess are wowza!

Laura

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VapidLapid|1296520018|2838734 said:
Chrono, I hate to bring up a sore subject, but was this the controversial spess?

I don’t think so – the carat weight doesn’t match up. Also, I am aware that he has cut other 5 ct plus Namibians for other PSers after the incident after telling me that he has no more rough that will cut such a size. No, I am not upset at all but rather amused about it now.

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
Largosmom|1296530931|2838926 said:
There are a couple of really fine blue zircons on the site too...and those spess are wowza!

Laura

I have a Cambodian Blue Zircon from Dana and it is :love: I don't know if it's from the same rough as the ones on his site but they are wowza's... if you're looking for one, snatch them up
I don't have any single pics of mine, but you can tell which one it is in the line up
littlebling%20008.png
yellow%20013.png

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Hello All;

I hope everyone is doing very well. :bigsmile:

I have been reading the posts on this thread and I can not help but clarify some innuendos that are being made about that spessartite that caused so much trouble before....

I have not cut any other 5 carat Namibian Spessartite gems for anyone else; PS or not PS members and the one on the site is the first one from the second lot that I have cut over 5 carats and it has some inclusions; I did cut a 3+ carat for another PS er but the lady said it was too orange???

But I have to make these things clear as I do not like the insinuation I have done something I did not. I do not find it amusing at all as my reputation as being honest is being made light of and I guess this ole southern boy just does not like such things;as I try really hard as a one man show to do the best I can and answer all questions and give the best deals I can on natural gems.

I do not mean to open old wounds but I do have to stand up for what is the truth.

I still to this day hold no grudges and wish all the best to everyone.

Most respectfully;

Dana M. Reynolds,csmg #96CGE42

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Dana I dont think anyone intends to slur you.
It is a gorgeous stone and I was only wondering if it was the Helen of Troy stone because it is so gorgeous

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mastercutgems|1296580243|2839456 said:
Hello All;

I hope everyone is doing very well. :bigsmile:

I have been reading the posts on this thread and I can not help but clarify some innuendos that are being made about that spessartite that caused so much trouble before....

I have not cut any other 5 carat Namibian Spessartite gems for anyone else; PS or not PS members and the one on the site is the first one from the second lot that I have cut over 5 carats and it has some inclusions; I did cut a 3+ carat for another PS er but the lady said it was too orange???

But I have to make these things clear as I do not like the insinuation I have done something I did not. I do not find it amusing at all as my reputation as being honest is being made light of and I guess this ole southern boy just does not like such things;as I try really hard as a one man show to do the best I can and answer all questions and give the best deals I can on natural gems.

I do not mean to open old wounds but I do have to stand up for what is the truth.

I still to this day hold no grudges and wish all the best to everyone.

Most respectfully;

Dana M. Reynolds,csmg #96CGE42

Hi Dana,

If the lady for whom you cut a 3+ Namibian is me, I returned it not because it was too orange but because it was too red. I have photos which I wanted to post on the PS because for a while I could not make up my mind whether the stone was a keeper or not. The price was good and the material was clean but the color was nothing compared to the Namibian in my pendant. If you are talking about another client, please accept my apologies. I bought many stones from you, and I love my 5+-ct Lloliondo and your prices are very, very good. My comment in this thread was not directed at you; I was concerned that the Namibians I have recently seen are nothing in color as compared to old Namibian material.

To me it seems that "Namibian" can not be used as a "brand name" because it is misleading. It just indicates the place of origin. To expect every Namibian to be a"mandarin" leads to disappointment. It is true for many stones; "a Colombian" does not necessarily mean the best emerald, a "Russian" does not necessarily mean best demantoid, nor does an alexandrite from Russia is by default the best. I know that ForteKitty got a lovely stone; too sad that other stones from the same rough were not as good but truth to be told, I bought other Namibians from different vendors and did not get what I expected to. Yours, at least, was relatively inexpensive and clean compared to my most recent purchase.

Mr. ole southern boy, one rude Russian (Russians are rude and direct, I wish we had some Southern politeness) wishes you good business. God willing, I'll find my Namibian; (or not).

CaliSun

Shiny_Rock
MakingTheGrade said:
New Master Gem drops
by MakingTheGrade » 31 Jan 2011 19:11
Dana posted some new gems, some real beauties there. Snap up the ones you like before they are all gone, lol.

I adore the asscher Burma Spinels. I hope the lucky owner of the peach Burma will share many pictures! Just beautiful....

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I think Dana posted a few more tonight? I don't remember seeing the 2 carat spessartite or the purple red Mahenge the other day.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
CaliSun|1296631306|2840405 said:
MakingTheGrade said:
New Master Gem drops
by MakingTheGrade » 31 Jan 2011 19:11

I adore the asscher Burma Spinels. I hope the lucky owner of the peach Burma will share many pictures! Just beautiful....

I adore that the asscher Burma Spinel too. Dana told me he is working on a few more like that to be posted soon. And the buyer of the original is not a PS'er. :( I could see that one with set with beautiful French cuts in a ring.

beach

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the plum spinel asscher.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Well, if someone would hurry up and buy that Mozambique Peach Apricot Zircon, I'd be obliged....
I am trying not to buy too many new things! :oops:

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I'd be obliged about that zircon too...and whoever got the blues, if you are here, PLEASE post photos.

Laura

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, please, buy the peach apricot zircon! I visit it several times a day - it needs a home in a beautiful setting...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results