shape
carat
color
clarity

new little diamond

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! Y’all help me with some ideas for this little diamond I bought last week. It’s much prettier in person, was thinking of doing a ring with yellow gold prongs and head and white metal for remainder of ring. It’s pretty small at .86

3F18B5CD-0F59-49B3-812C-BB150FF2B407.jpeg A18D7DB8-CE5C-44DC-97FA-C49C35954EB0.jpeg

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Oh, it’s so pretty! More pictures please?

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, it’s so pretty! More pictures please?

Thank you I will try to get a little better pics and I will see if can get them without Raynaud's discoloring my hands in the pics lol!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! Can you share the specs of the stone? It doesn’t look ”small” by any means. What color metal do you normally wear? Yellow gold head/prongs and white gold shank certainly wouldn’t be impossible, but it’s not the most common color combo. If you have some color in the stone I could see how you’d like to play up with yellow prongs/head.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Very nice! Can you share the specs of the stone? It doesn’t look ”small” by any means. What color metal do you normally wear? Yellow gold head/prongs and white gold shank certainly wouldn’t be impossible, but it’s not the most common color combo. If you have some color in the stone I could see how you’d like to play up with yellow prongs/head.

Thanks! It doesn't have a cert so I don't have a lot of specific details, I also didn't pay a huge amount for it. It really is a prettier yellow color in person than the pictures above show. I'd like to play up the yellow in whatever I do with it.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! It doesn't have a cert so I don't have a lot of specific details, I also didn't pay a huge amount for it. It really is a prettier yellow color in person than the pictures above show. I'd like to play up the yellow in whatever I do with it.

Also I used to wear all white metals but have changed over to mostly rose and yellow in the last few years.

dmack

Shiny_Rock
A halo or cluster with white diamonds would really emphasize the yellow I think. So cool!

ringo865

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maybe an all yellow setting? Lay it out next to a bracelet or gold ring. Take photos. Same with white metals. And Rose gold.

Perhaps an all yellow with a tiny halo in super white diamonds?

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
Maybe an all yellow setting? Lay it out next to a bracelet or gold ring. Take photos. Same with white metals. And Rose gold.

Perhaps an all yellow with a tiny halo in super white diamonds?

I hadn't thought about laying it next to yellow gold jewelry, definitely a good idea thanks!

ellekay

Rough_Rock
This would be so pretty in a yellow or rose gold gypsy ring setting! Or maybe a bezel.

Roselina

Brilliant_Rock
Also I used to wear all white metals but have changed over to mostly rose and yellow in the last few years.

Same here. Rose and yellow really compliment diamonds and coloured gemstones. I like both, but yellow does not go too good with my skin tone. So thank God for rose gold. That stone is very pretty and not small at all. I see it in a yellow or rose gold bezel setting.

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Definitely yellow prongs... maybe compass-style claw prongs?

just to update this little stone is leaving tomorrow on it's way to David Klass! I cant wait to see the final result!

Ooo do you have a final design in mind already or will you be working with DKJ on that next?

If the stone is already a yellow colour perhaps a YG cup would help - it’ll boost the yellow nicely! I like the idea of a YG cup and prongs with WG and white diamond halo and WG shank - I love two-tone rings and I think YG cups really bring out the buttery deliciousness of yellow diamonds!

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
If the stone is already a yellow colour perhaps a YG cup would help - it’ll boost the yellow nicely! I like the idea of a YG cup and prongs with WG and white diamond halo and WG shank - I love two-tone rings and I think YG cups really bring out the buttery deliciousness of yellow diamonds!

That is pretty much what’s going to be done with it as far as yellow gold prongs and cup, ring has a bit of a floral design overall

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it's MIGHTY and lovely, I'd set that the stone in an 18K bezel, you could put white diamonds around it, or little pink ones (I wouldn't but it would look beautiful) it's really a beautiful stone. You could put a small halo around it with yellow stones or white or pink, looking forward to seeing your final product.

mustangchi

Brilliant_Rock
it's MIGHTY and lovely, I'd set that the stone in an 18K bezel, you could put white diamonds around it, or little pink ones (I wouldn't but it would look beautiful) it's really a beautiful stone. You could put a small halo around it with yellow stones or white or pink, looking forward to seeing your final product.

Thank you! It's going to have a small floral petal look halo

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results