shape
carat
color
clarity

New line ACA

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

wedding_crasher

Rough_Rock
Ok, I thought this was discussed recently but I can''t find it...can anyone comment on the difference between Whiteflash''s "new line ACA" and their "old line ACA" (forgive me for not knowing what this is called)? Also, how could you tell if you had a new or old ACA? Thanks

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
I have had both the classic A Cut Above and the New Line A Cut Above.

If you like the general look of the eightstar ( more dispersive in low light and broader spectral colors, I think you''ll like the New Line one a tad better.

If you near one of the PS appraisers geographically WF will probably be happy to send one of each to that appraiser, and you can choose which type of cut you prefer.

Rockdoc

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Mara - Good link.

Rockdoc's observations are astute.

In general terms, 'new line' ACA are characterized by minimal light leakage in their ideal-scope photos. This creates a broadfire scintillation that has been described as fluid and colorful. 'Classic' ACA are characterized by slight 'contrast leakage' points along the girdle and at predicted meets between the table and girdle. This creates areas of enhanced contrast, resulting in a fast, sharp, on-off quality to the scintillation.

To untrained observers the tangible differences are very slight. All ACA are cut with Visual Balance as a priority, so in terms of overall performance qualities we feel they are identical. However, after handling, studying and playing with hundreds of ACAs one begins to make distinctions like these. When customers come in they can see these slight character differences once we elaborate on them, but for practical purposes classic and new line are at equal levels of beauty.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results