shape
carat
color
clarity

New job....new hope!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

KCCutie

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the story I have been unemployed for almost 3 months now. My wonderful SO and I had planned to buy a house(and get engaged around the same time) but that fell through when I lost my job and then I ended up having to move in with him b/c I couldn''t afford to live on my own on unemployement....and well the job market has been just aweful lately. So, any plans we had to buy a home and and get engaged got put on hold until our income was stable again. I was devestated and I have been working so hard trying to get a job and was getting discouraged and started to think I needed to take a lower paying job just to get by.

Then today I went on an interview for a temporary contract for a government job and not even 10 minutes after I left the staffing agency called me and said they wanted me to start on Monday! I''m so excited this job is close to home and the people I''ll be working with are so nice and it pays almost 50% more than what I was asking for at other interviews. This means I can start paying the bills for a change and let my SO concentrate on saving for the ring! And at the rate we can save with this new job it won''t take near as long as I had feared it might!

I feel like I''m finally back on track!
36.gif
36.gif

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats to you!!!!

I am still unemployed...have been since about September.....It's so exciting to be able to know that you can contribute to the household... I know I am feeling major guilt right now....

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
That''s great KC, congrats!

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
That is wonderful news KC and perhaps this contract might lead to bigger and even better opportunities down the road!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
So happy for you! Yay!

i_heart_cushions

Shiny_Rock
All the best to you and your SO! I know it can be tough (even WITH stability in employment!)

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Awwwww that is so wonderful to hear!!! I am very happy for you!!!

Congrats on the new job. I hope you love it!
36.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Wonderful news KC!!! Congratulations!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results