shape
carat
color
clarity

New iPhone 4S!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Did anyone watch the Apple keynote? Are you planning to get the new iPhone 4S? The new features look pretty awesome, and apparently the iPhone is available on Sprint now.

I have the iPhone 4 and I wish I held out for the 4S! I got it a while ago, though, and the iPhone 4 is so much faster than my ancient iPhone 3 that I'm not too bummed about it.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, I am a wee bit bummed, no 5 yet, but that's fine. This actually should work out well for me. I can give this phone to my friend and get the new one, or return this and give her the upgrade back.

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
I have an Iphone 4 too and had hoped that the new Iphone 4s would be a more dramatic change - the improved camera is good and the voice assistant is clever but there is not enough that I could see from google to make me want one enough to change phones. My brother loves technology and has been waiting for the new Iphone with baited breath.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am a phone whore, so this is just my thing. I would;'ve liked more difference but I am cool with it.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
My friend got the phone and he is a huge electronics geek....he is really disappointed. He said the only plus side to it is that the phone runs pretty fast.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i am so bummed about this! We have been waiting since last spring for the iphone5! I am not sure what we will do now. We wanted to change carriers, but now sprint is getting the 4s maybe we will stay and save the early cancellation fees. I am soooo bummed and kinda mad at apple. Come on people lets get on with it!

The hard part is that you have to keep the darn thing for 2 years. I dont want to get the 4 and then have a much better phone come put in 6 months. Grrrr...

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't have any Apple products, but I have to vent, if you don't mind. WHY do they release one product, only to release an updated, improved one (what seems like) only a few months later? I don't know why that bugs me so much but it does.

Octavia

Ideal_Rock
I still have a 3GS, but I'm off contract now and I'm not sure the updates are going to be enough to sway me to upgrade and get stuck with a contract again. I definitely can't bring myself to pay retail so I can have the phone without the contract. Anyway, I'm inclined to keep my 3GS for awhile longer, since it's still working fine (*knock on wood*). I really like the thought of having a great camera in my phone, but the rest of the features just don't do much for me. If I do decide to upgrade, it will be because a) my battery life goes, or b) the camera gets FANTASTIC reviews and I can't help myself.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Zoe|1317772191|3033367 said:
I don't have any Apple products, but I have to vent, if you don't mind. WHY do they release one product, only to release an updated, improved one (what seems like) only a few months later? I don't know why that bugs me so much but it does.

Ha they have done that in the past, but the iPhone 4 actually came out about 18 months ago. I think they just keep improving upon things and plenty of people will buy the new one, so they release it. That's just the way it goes with technology, IMO!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have the 3... I was waiting for the 5... disappointed it's a 4S... what's that? I am sure it will be faster... but as was already said on this thread.. the minute that 4S is in my hand they will announce the 5 and I will be locked in.... :errrr: :nono: :nono: :nono:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
thing2of2|1317773013|3033384 said:
Zoe|1317772191|3033367 said:

Ha they have done that in the past, but the iPhone 4 actually came out about 18 months ago. I think they just keep improving upon things and plenty of people will buy the new one, so they release it. That's just the way it goes with technology, IMO!

I know, I know. I figured the answer to my question would be "because they can!" Someone somewhere out there will always buy the latest and greatest. Won't be me though. I'm still surprised that I even own a cell phone and a laptop. :bigsmile:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an available upgrade in December but I think I will take a pass.

ImperfectGirl

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I am so disappointed as I was hoping for Iphone 5. :(( I have an awful samsung smartphone with verizon and was just waiting to be able to upgrade but now I'm not sure. I know as soon as I settle in, Iphone 5 will be released.

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I'm actually really happy it's only a minor change from the iPhone 4. That's what I expected. Just like when they released the 3GS. I think they do it this way on purpose and I think it makes sense. Their target market for the 4S is people who bought the iPhone 3GS two years ago and are just ending their contracts. From 3GS to 4S, it's a pretty big upgrade. From 4 to 4S, it's not a great upgrade, but the 4 owners are all currently locked into their contracts anyway (some die-hard Apple fans will jump on it anyway, of course). They'll release the iPhone 5 when iPhone 4 early adopters' contracts are just ending. So again, it will be a nice upgrade for those currently using the 4. I think they planned it so that every other upgrade is basically skippable, no matter which model you have. I'm glad they did it this way. I got the 4 when it first came out. I have no plans to upgrade until my contract is up, but I would have been a little upset if the 5 had come out today and I had to wait another year to get it.

basil

Brilliant_Rock
I'll upgrade cause I've currently got a 3GS. My battery is dying and DH is also on my plan and he cracked his screen a few months back and has been living with it since. So we were just waiting for this next one to come out to upgrade. I don't think I'd do it if I had an iPhone 4 already or if I didn't have the upgrade in the plan and had to pay full price.

shihtzulover

Brilliant_Rock
I'm pretty disappointed, because I was really hoping for and expecting an iPhone 5 - but I'm still planning to purchase the iPhone 4S, just because I desperately need a new phone right now, and I don't think that I can wait until the 5 comes out.

I currently have a Motorola Droid X, and it's always been buggy and slow. It also freezes up a lot. My fiance has the iPhone 4, and I really like it a lot. I have been wanting to upgrade for a long time now, and seriously considered doing it a few months ago, but I was holding out for the new release.

I'm planning on pre-ordering the 4S, but I won't deny that I may also upgrade to the 5 when it comes out.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We decided that we will go with the Sprint ugrade. We have had Sprint for years and the customer service has been exceptional. We
would have had to pay an early cancellation fee, but we will just keep the carrier. We are do for an upgrade. But Sprint has cancelled
their premier program so it is the last time we will get 150.00 off of new phones, if they even will apply to the iphone.

If the new iphone 5 comes out in the next year and it is worth it, we will take the cancellation fee and go with Verizon. I was hoping for
Verizon because the signal is better with a Verizon phone at my DH's fire station than Sprints, but what can you do. At first, we weren't interested in Iphones at all because the plans were so costly, but as technology has progressed it seems more worthwhile now.

My worst fear is that the 5 will come out in less than six months, but if that happens there might just be an Apple mutiny.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a feeling it will be June honestly. Though they are SOOO off schedule now, who knows.

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
I ordered the iPhone 4s today (I have Verizon and orders started today)...... was sooo hoping for the iPhone 5 but wll have to settle for the 4s. I wasn't due for my 'upgrade' yet and rather than pay full price we added another line (which got me the phone for $200) and now my 7 yr old has a phone too---lol. He says he's the "coolest" 2nd grader now bc he has a real cell phone :D . The good thing is when the 5 comes out I will be able to 'upgrade' to the 5 and I can give the 4s to my son. Nice.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
For real, cool kid! You'll just have to lock that thing down so he doesn't go buying in-game upgrades. I will likely sell mine to my brother/parents for my brother as his was stolen in May and they haven't bothered to replace.

I ordered mine from Apple. I tried doing in on ATT but they wouldn't let me do applecare. So I gave up and went to Apple. Good thing too, because the kid I was talking to at the nearby ATT store called at 9am to tell me to buy it online unless I want to wait 2 weeks. So I typed in my credit info *beep boop boop boop beep* and submitted it. Now I am going to correct the ship to address because it tied it to my credit and wouldn't change it. Well, now meaning when the apple site comes back.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so mad!!! We just tried to pre-order the black and it sold out!!!! Grrr....

lbbaber

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1318005780|3035385 said:
For real, cool kid! You'll just have to lock that thing down so he doesn't go buying in-game upgrades. I will likely sell mine to my brother/parents for my brother as his was stolen in May and they haven't bothered to replace.

I ordered mine from Apple. I tried doing in on ATT but they wouldn't let me do applecare. So I gave up and went to Apple. Good thing too, because the kid I was talking to at the nearby ATT store called at 9am to tell me to buy it online unless I want to wait 2 weeks. So I typed in my credit info *beep boop boop boop beep* and submitted it. Now I am going to correct the ship to address because it tied it to my credit and wouldn't change it. Well, now meaning when the apple site comes back.

Ha ha ha. Funny you say that! He has an iPod touch and he plays 'Tap Zoo'......well, Tap Zoo is technically a 'free' game but it makes you 'buy' stuff to keep playing. Last year he watched me put in the password and then used it to buy a 'vial of stars'---for $100!!!! He thought is said a dollar! Oh boy was I annoyed.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a 3G which is slow as tar and I pre-ordered my 4S today! I can't wait!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
lbbaber|1318035558|3035680 said:
ame|1318005780|3035385 said:

Ha ha ha. Funny you say that! He has an iPod touch and he plays 'Tap Zoo'......well, Tap Zoo is technically a 'free' game but it makes you 'buy' stuff to keep playing. Last year he watched me put in the password and then used it to buy a 'vial of stars'---for $100!!!! He thought is said a dollar! Oh boy was I annoyed.
OMG I would die. Smart kid to figure out the PW tho.

Dh and I both have iphone 4's. They are slow and I'm running out of memory.

We will be buying the iPhone 4s for sure! Selling our old phones will pretty much pay for the new ones.

We will get the ip5 when they come out too... It's not a matter of having to have the best out there, I just use my phone so much that the new features are worth it to me.

I'm also looking forward to the new ipad ;-) I am hoping for a better screen resolution. My ipad 2 will then go to DH :) Honestly, I don't think I'll buy a laptop again. I think I just need my desktop (imac.. love it and recommend them) and then an ipad.

SC86

Shiny_Rock
I have the iPhone 4 now, so the 4S definitely doesn't have enough new features for me to justify getting it. I can wait for the iPhone 5, although Siri does sound cool. Honestly I am way more excited for the release of iOS5...can't wait to download it!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mine is in Hong Kong. I figure it'll be on US soil by this time tomorrow.

sillyberry

Brilliant_Rock
I was on the phone with TMobile (I love TMobile!) and they were saying that a retail unlocked iPhone 4S would run on their 3G network.

Anyone know anything about this?

Doesn't seem worth it to run on the EDGE network, but on 3G...I might be willing to make that switch. The plans are just SO much better (in my view) that it would make up for paying retail and I love their service!

Um, yeah. Personally, I WOULDN'T buy an iPhone retail and then unlock it. You void everything if you do that. If it starts having probs it won't be covered under the normal one year warranty.

I got my new phone today! Hubs took the day off and surprised me with it this morning :) Sadly, AT&T unboxed it so I am having to start all over with syncing it. So very annoyed. I got to play with the feature some and it's fun!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unlocked phones are coming out from apple in November. Although they are supposed to only work on AT&T's network so who cares.

We got our iphone 4S's today. My first iphone, yeah. Bye bye stupid palm pre's.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results