shape
carat
color
clarity

New iphone 11 -- known problem connecting to car...?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am on the verge of making a trip to the dealer because this is driving me INSANE. Has anyone else got a brilliant idea to get the new phone to connect to car bluetooth? Apparently this is a known problem, but I've tried every idea that I've come across on the magic internet. Any wisdom from the PS collective will be much appreciated...!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! Mine hooked just fine so sadly I have no suggestions for you. Good luck!

the_mother_thing

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It may depend on the age of your car & its computer software for connecting devices. I ran into this with an Android phone upgrade I did a few years back, and my car at the time was only 3 years old, IIRC. Anymore, phones and OS updates happen way faster than car companies can keep up, it seems. There may be something the dealer can do or a software update they can apply to your car’s computer.

What exactly is happening/not happening when you try to connect it? What year/make/model car do you have that you’re trying to connect the phone via BT?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm trying to connect to a 2017 Lexus NX 200t. (I haven't even tried to connect to my 911 yet -- yikes... now I'm worried that will be screwed up too... ).

The car doesn't recognize the phone, and vice versa. The phone has connected to other bluetooth things though. Like TR's bluetooth speaker in the family room, which I've never had a connection to on my old phone. Now THAT was a surprise when it automatically picked it up and started blaring TV stuff at me, LOL.

Calling the dealer now...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results