shape
carat
color
clarity

new here ...question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

1forum

Rough_Rock
hi new here and im soon to propose once i get the ring....ok here''''s the question: my friends mother is really good friends with a diamond wholesaler?? (she goes to NYC to get diamonds and sells them to the jewelers in our surrounding area)....im gonna meet up with her tomorrow to see some diamonds she has....now should she be cheaper than a jewelery store or no matter what it''''ll all be the same?? (she only deals with GIA, so i trust her).....also i went to a jeweler (a friend of a friend) he showed me a 1.53 H SI2 RB triple excellent it was $10,200 is that a good price??....thanks in advance

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
You should re post your question in the ROCKY TALK thread for better response!

1forum

Rough_Rock
sorry.. it was in the wrong forum

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, without having seen what you saw, prices are somewhat comparable to online retail prices, to on the high side.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be very careful before making a commitment. get all the measurements off the cert of the stones you are interested in and post them here. People here can advise you on the cut as well as the price. In the year plus that I have been here, I''ve never seen anyone get a really good deal from a "wholesaler". You generally can get a comparable price and sometimes better diamond online. Not to mention the return policy and trade-up policy.

shel

Shiny_Rock
This is just my own anecdotal experience, but last year for ~$10,500, I bought an H SI2, GIA ex/ex/ex that was 1.76 carats, so maybe your jeweler''s RB is a little overpriced.

1forum

Rough_Rock
?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 7:48:30 PM
Author: JulieN
Well, without having seen what you saw, prices are somewhat comparable to online retail prices, to on the high side.
True enough. Searching the big board on this site, it''s hard to spend over $9K for a comparable, and we''re talking almost 200 listings, though with numerous dups. Like this one among them, for example...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
You probably won''t get a better deal than trusted online dealers, and I hope at the very least you bring an ideal scope to look at light return.

1forum

Rough_Rock
whats light return??....just met up with her...everything seems legit...they''re all GIA, but she''s going back and getting all G SI1 for me (thats all i want) example: she had a G SI2 RB good table, depth etc.....$8500

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Why dont you get the specs on the stones you like best, including angle %s etc, and post them here, then try to find similar stones online to compare pricing. If she knows you''re doing your homework maybe she''ll give you a better price?

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/19/2007 4:47:57 PM
Author: surfgirl

If she knows you''re doing your homework maybe she''ll give you a better price?
Comparing the first post in this thread to the writer''s last, seem like she already has.

Consider being in front of a computer with web access when she shows you another batch, bring this up, as...in addition to table & depth (old school), crown & pavilion angles are of note, too.

Read the tutorial above, under knowledge, too. Your friend will probably be able to serve you fine, so long as you and she know the universe of options available to her can in large part be seen here, too, and at competitive prices.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results