shape
carat
color
clarity

New here. Please help ID ring(s)

bklynbrn

Rough_Rock
Hi all. I'm so glad I found this forum. I'm hoping you'll be able to help me identify approximate age of these rings.

This was my grandmother's ring. None of my sisters wanted it - silly girls. I can't distinguish the inscription on the inside, although I think it says "Fidelity" (or something like it) on one side. There are three diamonds down the center of the ring, one at each end, and three on each side for a total of 11. Sorry for the poor quality photos, but it's very sparkly. My grandmother was born around 1900, and was married in the early 1920's, so I assume this ring dates back to then. I miss her every day. Here are the photos:

ringa-1.jpg
ringa-2.jpg
ringa-3.jpg
ringa-4.jpg

So, after having fallen in love with my grandmother's ring and realizing I adore antique settings, I spotted this one in a store and had to have it. There are a total of 14 tiny diamonds surrounding the center stone, which is approximately .60. I don't know anything about this ring and would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance!

ringb-1.jpg
ringb-2.jpg
ringb-3.jpg
ringb-4.jpg

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Both rings are beautiful. And how wonderful that you have your grandmother's ring as a touchstone to remind you of her!

I think both rings date to the same period, which I'd put around the late Edwardian or the early Deco period. But since you knew that ... what other kinds of info are you looking for? If you could post pics of the backs of the settings, it might be possible to tell a little more ... some of the techniques changed at specific points, even as they preserved the visible look/style.

bklynbrn

Rough_Rock
Thank you both.
I knew the origin of my grandmother's ring, but I know nothing about the ring I purchased. The jeweler told me it's "an antique," but that's all the information I have. My concern was that it might be a reproduction, although to my novice eyes it's not "perfect" enough to be a reproduction.
I will try to get pictures of the back and post them if I am able to do so.
Thanks again!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results