shape
carat
color
clarity

New here! Just bought a 1.02ct Emerald cut diamond from a pawnshop :)

jenbuggy85

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!

After 20mins looking around trying to figure how to post a new topic... I found it :razz:

Some of you on here might have already seen my ring on another well known site that deals mainly with purses. Not sure if I''m allowed to mention their name. I''d hate to get in trouble with my first post! LOL!

Well, here''s the deal :)

I live (now) in a VERY small town. Fort Leonard Wood, MO. I LOVE thrift stores and pawn shops. I thought I would check some out. Well, I happend upon this ring in one of them a few days ago. It was stunning. I couldn''t get my mind off of it for days! It actually gave me a headache! Soooo....

Yesterday I bought the ring, the one in the pics below. I have until this Friday when the store closes to return it if I don''t like it. As soon as I bought it yesterday I took it to a jeweler in the next town over. We only have one! It''s family run. The next closest one is about 30-40 miles away an they are family run also. There are no chain stores here.

Well, before I told them how much I paid for it, I had her look at it, test it to make sure it''s real. (Also had the pawnshop dealer do this infront of me when I bought it.)

AFTER she brought it back and told me the center stone ALONE was worth $6500, I then told her I only paid $1500 for it!!( Pawnshop wanted about $2200) LOL! Her eyeballs popped out of her head and her mouth dropped! They also gave me a couple specs on it.

It is set solitaire in this beautiful band. That is sitting inside of a diamond studded ring enhancer. All white gold. I''m not sure how many pics I can upload, so I''ll put up one pic of it by it''s self.

The jeweler told me it''s

"G" in color.
VS-1
1.02 ct weight (Center stone only). That was actually stamped inside of the solitaire band, along with a long set of numbers. Someones code if it was ever stolen maybe?

So, I plan on taking this to the other store tomorrow (the one that''s 30-40 miles away) to get a second opinion before my time runs out.

What are some questions I should ask this jewelry store when I go in? Do you think I got a good deal?

Thank you everyone!! Jen

jennnnn.jpg

jenbuggy85

Rough_Rock
Here''s the ring enhancer.

Also, I am a FEMALE. lol! Not sure why my profile pic is a MAN! LOL!

jennnn.jpg

jenbuggy85

Rough_Rock
Another..

One more after this. Can''t I upload a bunch at the same time?

BOY3.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
That''s a hell of a deal. Keep it! Or resell it to a dealer next time you go to the big city. It''s once-in-a-lifetime, so hold on to it.

To check the numbers on the inside of the band, you can try this:

http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm

If the number starts with IGI, try this one:

http://igionline.com/igiweb/onlinereport/

If you get a copy of the report, it will make it a HECK of a lot easier to sell to a dealer (you can possibly sell it on line) and you''ll know exactly what you''re dealing with. You can check prices on line of similar stones and figure a dealer will give you about half.

Where is this store and how can I get there? LOL
36.gif

jenbuggy85

Rough_Rock
Yes, the head is a tad off. So were two of the prongs but those have been fixed already. :)

BOY6.jpg

slg47

Ideal_Rock
I think 6500 is a tad inflated (from a quick search online) but still a really good deal. Most importantly, do you like it? Wear it around and look at it in different lighting environments.

jenbuggy85

Rough_Rock
LOL! Glad you like it!! It''s here in St. Robert. It''s a poor small little place. I can''t wait to move out of here! Two more years then we get to pcs somewhere else! Wooo! We just got here Jan 1st :)

jenbuggy85

Rough_Rock
"I think 6500 is a tad inflated (from a quick search online) but still a really good deal. Most importantly, do you like it? Wear it around and look at it in different lighting environments."

[/p] OH! I LOVE it! I've looked at it in every angle.. it's stunning!

slg47

Ideal_Rock
well then awesome!!! it sounds like you got a really good find

jenbuggy85

Rough_Rock
Trying to make this one bigger. Sorry if it doesn''t work!

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
'S purdy, jenbuggy!!

jenbuggy85

Rough_Rock
"To check the numbers on the inside of the band, you can try this:

http://www2.gia.edu/reportcheck/index.cfm

If the number starts with IGI, try this one:

http://igionline.com/igiweb/onlinereport/"

The code has (from what I can see) a little diamond stamp sign next to the code. Any ideas?

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I think this was a nice find for that price! BTW- if you want to change your avatar, go to the "personal section" link above, and scroll down to pick a new avatar.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
It sounds like a steal to me!!!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like you found quite a stunning ring for a great price! Congratulations and wear it in good health
1.gif

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very Pretty! Im new too! If I can say....I think you did marvelous!

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/2/2010 9:13:27 PM
Author: clgwli
Looks like you found quite a stunning ring for a great price! Congratulations and wear it in good health
1.gif

Major ditto!!! And thanks to you and your family for your service :)

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Let me know when you want your $1500 back.
31.gif

Great find!
30.gif

anitabee

Shiny_Rock
whoo hoo! congrats! i'm a fellow pawn shopper. isn't it fun?! you never know what you might run into.

anyhoo, my first diamond was bought at a pawnshop in detroit and was also an emerald cut. unfortunately for me, mine was kind of a dog, but cheap! eventually i traded it in for my current .85 pawn shop princess which really is a beauty!

your ec is FABULOUS! an amazing find. it's so clear and white. i share your excitement!

well done
36.gif

jenbuggy85

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much everyone! I really wish I had people around here like you that could take a look at it for me
7.gif
Darn this tiny little place! I can''t wait till our family get''s pcs''ed back out of here LOL!

I''m taking it to the other store about 30-40 miles away today to get a second opinion. It''s the only thing I can do. St. Louis is out of the question
7.gif

Thank you again! Jen

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Well, you know, I don''t think that stone is very good, and I''d hate to have you drive so far just to be told that. So here''s what you do. Give me your paypal address, I''ll give your your $1500 back and my APO, and you send me the ring. You can even keep the jacket ring. I know I''d be making a real sacrifice giving you your money back for that ring, but someone''s got to step up and help a newbie.
9.gif

You do know I''m just trying to help you, don''t you?
31.gif

crackup.gif
crackup.gif
crackup.gif

Seriously though, it''s a really nice stone and if you did decide you didn''t want it I would take it off your hands and I suspect so would a lot of other PS''ers.
30.gif

EHR2009

Brilliant_Rock
I love deals like that!!!! It looks huge, too!!! I actually really like it with the jacket, too!

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow this is quite the find, beautiful ring
30.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results