shape
carat
color
clarity

New here, Georgian pendant?

mekanah18

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I'm just a novice collector of vintage and antique jewelry. I'm trying to learn more and get better at identifying the era, materials and make of older jewelry. I recently bought this pendant from an antique store for $20. I was told it was 'Georgian' era paste jewelry. It has some damage (a missing paste stone and piece of metal 'ribbon' left side under the pearl)
My question is what era is this really from? I'm thinking it might actually be a later piece, not Georgian but im having a hard time figuring it out. pendant 1.jpg pendant2 .jpg pendant3.jpg pendant4.jpg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’d say only “Georgian style”. If you look at the larger round set stones they aren’t being “held” by the collet, it is just a “frame” around them so that’s an indication of glue being used. Also the paste stones are facetted as round brillants, very crisp and not a facet pattern done in Georgian times. Georgian era stones were always cut by hand and as a consequence often a bit “wonky” in shape.
still very lovely.

mekanah18

Rough_Rock
Thanks Bron.. I always wanted to add an authentic georgian era piece of jewelry to my collection but most is out of my price range and I knew aside from the damage on this piece that it probably wasn't Georgian. What era do you think it could be? I was thinking maybe 1900's?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results