shape
carat
color
clarity

New hairstyle needed

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi ladies,
I''ve decided that I''m in need of a new hairstyle. Currently my hair is somewhat long, definitely longer than "medium" length but not quite LONG. There''s nothing like the last minute, but I''d love ideas...apt is later today. I''ve attached some pics so you can see what I look like etc. My hair is now longer than all of these but I wear it up most of the time because it''s really fine and FLAT!

Steph kinda long.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another one

Steph kinda short.jpg

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
ponytail shot

Steph hair pulled back.jpg

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
Have you ever had your hair super short? I used to have shoulder length hair and I chopped it all off earlier this year. Sort of a mop top - lots of short layers and far too short for a ponytail of any kind. It''s not for everyone, but it is a suggestion.
37.gif
Styling for me is easy - I can either part in down the middle, use some smoothing serum, blowdry and be out the door or part it on the side for sweepy bangs or even clip the bangs to one side and scrunch the rest for a more beachy look. I love it and I don''t think I''ll ever go back to long. Good luck and post pics when you''ve decided!

Jess

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have had super short hair and.....I look like a boy. I chopped my hair off when I was in college (like Gwennyth Paltrow in "Sliding Doors"). The other issue is that I''m hoping to get married next year and I don''t want to be in an in between style at the time. So I guess I''m looking for something no shorter than chin length.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you've had this style for a long time, I'd say don't do anything more drastic than adding some layers and LONG sideswept bangs. Anything else can be a really jarring experience if you're used to the same style. If you don't care at all, and you're ready for something big, go for it!

Didn't you recently get engaged? Bear in mind that a lot of women make BIG changes right after getting married/engaged, and it can freak out their significant others pretty big time
3.gif

Do you have ANY idea of something you like for us to go off of?

ETA: If you want nothing shorter than chin length, there's not a WHOLE lot of change available beyond adding bands and/or layers. I would just trust your stylist! She knows your hair... and going in with a picture of a celebrity is misleading because YOUR hair won't ever be THAT person's hair, you know what I mean?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I would hope that FI would be able to handle a hair style change! If not, then what''s going to happen when my "assets" start moving South??

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmmm definitely a possibility

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/25/2007 11:19:30 AM
Author: SanDiegoLady
Can I just suggest the old ''Rachel'' Jennifer Anniston hairstyle? Its darling, it gives body due to layers, its still very stylish and you can still pull it up if you like... I have to admit its a classic cut and a lot of fun.
Good idea, a sort of choppy bob can add volume and is super easy to style and tie back if you wish. I think that sort of cut would suit you well HH, and perhaps some highlights would look great too.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/25/2007 11:14:05 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
Well I would hope that FI would be able to handle a hair style change! If not, then what's going to happen when my 'assets' start moving South??
The difference there is a sudden change vs. gradual. I said "BIG changes right after." It's a fear that men have of things changing after engagement/marriage, and a hairstyle change is an in-your-face manifestation of that. There've been lots of threads on this in the BWW.

Not saying that's your case, just trying to be helpful like everyone else...

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
just a little food for thought on the layers: if your hair is fine and flat as you say it will require more work to manage the layers in my humble opinion. does your hair hold curl? if my own fine and flat hair is layered it requires hot rollers and that curl falls right out without hairspray. i hate hairspray. i find i do best with all one length with my hair type. more versatile as i can roll and style or wear it up with little effort.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
it''s hard to see in this picture but the front is longer than the back - something different and works out great for the ponytail pull back...

starsetmay07.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i love your hair starset!!! that is kind of like what i have mine cut like right now but it's a little less razored...it's super cute. i can flat iron it straight like that so it's more edgy looking or flat iron and curl the ends under if i want more of a bob look and wear it all down. mine is also a tad bit longer than yours in that picture, like just right above shoulders with a slighter a--line...but i am considering taking it a bit shorter next time so that it works better with the fall/winter turtlenecks!

only downer is that i typically am a chronic ponytail creator and the length it's at right now it falls out of most ponytails so i end up doing like multi ponytails at home to get it out of my face, which looks SOO silly. but i like it shorter in general, because then i am FORCED to wear it down more, whereas when it's longer i just get lazy and put it into a ponytail and not style it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think layers would be great. Either graduated in the front to frame your face...if your hair is straight straight... or all over the head if you''ve got some wave or curl to it naturally.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well they took about 4 inches off the back and 2.5 off of the front. My hair is now between my shoulder blades and my chin with long subtle layers (to add movement). I also had her do a semi-perm glaze to help blend the previously colored part that I''m growing out with my natural color. It was about 1/2 and 1/2. I''ll take pics tonight and post them asap.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sounds really pretty, can''t wait to see pics!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results