shape
carat
color
clarity

New Guy Here

JLauer716

Rough_Rock
So, just starting my search for the biggest purchase of my life....finding that there is a ton to know....is there a thread that has been created already that goes over the basics? I know the 4 C's....but as ive been reading a lot of posts here go more in depth and i want to go into this search with as much knowledge as possible....thank you for any help!

Josh

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you haven't checked it out yet, the knowledge tab in the menu bar is a great place to start!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
What shape diamond do you want?

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
i found the Good Old Gold consumer videos helpful & they have heaps on their website/you tube

& i use the hca tool if looking at round brilliants (under Tools>HCA)

& Gypsy has arrived so, listen to what she has to say. She's an asset to this forum, a stone hunting guru. i used to just follow her around and read what she has to say

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
puppyguts|1452140407|3972016 said:
& Gypsy has arrived so, listen to what she has to say. She's an asset to this forum, a stone hunting guru. i used to just follow her around and read what she has to say

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I had a stalker? And a kind one at that. Thank you puppyguts. Can I ask... what does your nickname refer to?

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
Hi Gypsy :wavey: , honestly i think you have a few stalkers....

Puppy Guts is my roller derby name #7 :angel:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
puppyguts|1452145594|3972043 said:
Hi Gypsy :wavey: , honestly i think you have a few stalkers....

Puppy Guts is my roller derby name #7 :angel:

You're a Derby Girl!!

That is FREAKING AWESOME!!

I love the contrast of that with the Ariel AV.

Nice to meet you Puppyguts! :wavey:

Do you read romance novels at all? If you do, and if you like paranormal ones, I have a couple you may enjoy. They have Shifter (animal shifter) Derby Girls in them and are hilarious.

puppyguts

Shiny_Rock
lol thanks Gypsy - i'm yet to discover sci fy derby romance fiction, whats the series?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
puppyguts|1452157753|3972075 said:
lol thanks Gypsy - i'm yet to discover sci fy derby romance fiction, whats the series?

"Sci fy derby romance fication" - LOL! Now I'm curious too! :lol:

Diamond_Hawk

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I have to say - if a thread were to take a tangent never, ever, would I have thought it would include the words

"Sci-Fi Derby Romance Fiction".. :razz:

Josh - You could certainly do worse than simply stalking posts by Gypsy.

But as suggested before, follow the knowledge tab at the top.

Pay particular attention (if you are looking for round diamonds) to the Holloway Cut Adviser (HCA) and no matter what shape you are looking for learn about light performance images (Ideal-Scope and ASET).

Best Wishes!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
puppyguts|1452157753|3972075 said:

Shelley Laurentson has a series called the Pride Series two of the books with the * have some Derby in them.

Pride Stories:

The Mane Event
The Beast in Him
The Mane Attraction
The Mane Squeeze*
Beast Behaving Badly*
Big Bad Beast
Bear Meets Girl
Howl for It anthology – “Like a Wolf with a Bone”
Bite Me

You should read them in order. And the 3 books before Mane Squeeze are funny.

The author's humor is very crazy, zany and you have to be really willing to suspend your disbelief in a lot of ways.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results