shape
carat
color
clarity

New gown sketches! What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Hi ladies!

As you know I am all over the place with this gown thing (SUPER indecisive!). My friend/designer/fashion mentor has come up with another round of sketches for me to peruse. I have an initial consultation meeting with the dressmaker on May 4th, where I am supposed to bring everything that inspires me. I am nervous!

I am still loving the one-shoulder look (doesn''t bother me that it will look "dated") but some of the others she has done with two straps are so cool and unique!

She had this idea for a removable train (see the pics with the belt and fabric thing). We have no idea how this will translate to real life, but I thought it was a nifty idea.

My style is pretty simple. No beading or embroidery or lace for me, just beautiful fabric and a nice, unique cut.

Anyway, I''m just putting these out to the PS world for input/comments, etc. Are there any that stand out to you? What do you like? Any ideas for developing these further? Thanks for taking a look!

First one:

phpB3OmUlPM.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock

phpWxtWPXPM.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock

phpVsbiVuPM.jpg

Bia

Ideal_Rock
ooh la la!
36.gif

Can''t wait to see the final product Lee
31.gif

KatyWI

Brilliant_Rock
I think all the sketches are gorgeous! You''re so lucky to be able to design your own dress!

But the one with the removable train/belt thing is FABULOUS if it would work... how unique!! And the cut of the dress looks fabulous, too :)

ash313

Brilliant_Rock

phprluHX9PM.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Last one! #5

phpaoMk0uPM.jpg

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, Bia!! I can''t wait either, I am so indecisive, but you know this! Speaking of which: WHERE ARE THE PICS OF THE NICOLE MILLER???? I was thinking about you last week. Do you love it? Did I miss the report on this?

Thanks, KatyWI! It is a pretty cool process, so much fun so far! Of course, I have no idea what it will cost yet, but I''m hopeful it won''t be too bad. Also, I haven''t posted in your post yet, but I''ve been thinking of you. New job dust!! ************

E B

Ideal_Rock
How much fun!

They're all beautiful, but I think my favorite is the very last dress in the last drawing (#5)- I think it'd look great as a one-shoulder too, with maybe more of a gathered shoulder (like the one to the left of it) instead of a thick strap. A close second is probably the second dress in drawing #1. I also really like the idea of the soft, cascading ruffle on the last dress in drawing #2.

Which are your favorites?

Bia

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 12:10:48 PM
Author: leeNY
Thanks, Bia!! I can''t wait either, I am so indecisive, but you know this! Speaking of which: WHERE ARE THE PICS OF THE NICOLE MILLER???? I was thinking about you last week. Do you love it? Did I miss the report on this?

Thanks, KatyWI! It is a pretty cool process, so much fun so far! Of course, I have no idea what it will cost yet, but I''m hopeful it won''t be too bad. Also, I haven''t posted in your post yet, but I''ve been thinking of you. New job dust!! ************
Hey! Yup I got the dress but it''s way too big. I am going shop around and see how much it will cost to get altered, to know if I even want to bother. BUT, it is a gorgeous dress. Very soft and flowy...oh, and sexy
31.gif

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
My faves are #3 top left, and #4 top right... Can''t explain why, exactly.... But I just really liked those two :)

You have a ton of awesome options to choose from, though!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 12:39:13 PM
Author: EBree
How much fun!

They''re all beautiful, but I think my favorite is the very last dress in the last drawing (#5)- I think it''d look great as a one-shoulder too, with maybe more of a gathered shoulder (like the one to the left of it) instead of a thick strap. A close second is probably the second dress in drawing #1. I also really like the idea of the soft, cascading ruffle on the last dress in drawing #2.

Which are your favorites?

Thanks for your response! I just emailed her back about these today, and the very last dress in drawing #5 is become my favorite as well! I agree that it could look really cool as a one-shouldered. Love that gathered look like the one next to it.

I think I need to meet with the dressmaker and look at some fabrics and talk about construction before I can make a decision - so many factors have to go into this! It''s a lot to think about, but actually pretty fun!

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 1:19:55 PM
Author: Bia
Date: 4/17/2009 12:10:48 PM

Author: leeNY

Hey! Yup I got the dress but it''s way too big. I am going shop around and see how much it will cost to get altered, to know if I even want to bother. BUT, it is a gorgeous dress. Very soft and flowy...oh, and sexy
31.gif

That''s too bad it is too big. Hopefully altering wouldn''t be too much, and especially since you got the gown for such an amazing price! That dress was DEFINITELY sexy - yay! Keep us posted!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
I love pretty much everything in number 3, and also this one: (red dot) -
so many wondeful choices, you are very lucky!
I guess it depends on your shape aswell which one I would choose..
Please let us know how the process goes!

prettydress1.JPG

musincy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/18/2009 2:25:09 AM
Author: arjunajane
I love pretty much everything in number 3, and also this one: (red dot) -
so many wondeful choices, you are very lucky!
I guess it depends on your shape aswell which one I would choose..
Please let us know how the process goes!
I agree with arjunajane. The one with the red dot is stunning!!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love number 4 and number 1. They''re both fab.

redfaerythinker

Brilliant_Rock
This is such a cool process and i''m so excited that we can see it all the way through! I think they''re all gorgeous! Love the one shoulder look.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I like 2, 3, and 5. I think that 1 and 4 could be really tricky to pull off unless you are very tall and slender. Do you have a picture of you in a dress of some kind? I feel like that would help for us to see what shape you are - all of the designs are lovely, but its hard to tell what would be best on you.

ash313

Brilliant_Rock
Great suggestion, AmberGretchen! I should have thought of that - duh!

Ok, so some info on my shape. I am average height, about 5''6" on a good day (slightly less than that actually), and wear a size 10/12 in "normal" clothes.

I am somewhat busty, with a full C cup (sorry if that''s TMI!). I would say I''m fairly curvy, and definitely would like to accentuate my waist, which is proportionate for my shape.

I will look for some other pics, but for now, here''s one of me recently doing what I do best (being a bridesmaid!) This is a size 14 Alfred Angelo BM gown. Hope this is somewhat helpful for now.

n749339020_970726_7744.jpg

katamari

Ideal_Rock
This is so cool! You are so lucky, and you need to tell your friend how awesome all of us PSers think she is!
36.gif
36.gif

I think the dress in the top left corner of #3 will show your waist and figure the best. My favorite sketch is the dress under it, but, honestly, so many of the sketches look so great that I wish I could see you in all of them!
36.gif

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, LeeNY!
35.gif

I saw your post in the wedding dress thread, so I am popping over to BWW to check out your sketches! I''m normally not over here too much.

I am really liking the one that ArjunaJane red-dotted! So, so pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results