shape
carat
color
clarity

New gal in town

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Hi all, I''ve been reading posts for a couple of weeks now and would love to join in the "waiting" with ya''ll. My bf (hopefully I get my abbreviations correct) and I have been together for a little over a year. I''m 32 and he''s 31. I''m actually divorced and have a 3-1/2 year old daughter. My bf has no kids and has never been married, he was in a 4 year relationship that ended about a year before we started dating. We moved in together about 4 months ago and he is pretty much perfect. Sweet, funny, attractive, amazing with my daughter etc. He definitely wants to get married but his big hang up...CHEAPNESS! Well he says frugal and I say cheap:) He absolutely has the money for a ring and I''ve tried lowering my expectations to fit in with his "comfort zone" so we''ll see what happens. He did recently add whiteflash to his favorites and ask for my ring size but I don''t really see that making anything happen soon. I really haven''t been antsy about it until just maybe the last month and that''s how I stumbled upon pricescope and the LIW thread. Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

KittyBling

Shiny_Rock
Hi and welcome
35.gif
I hope your stay in LIW is short! What kind of rings do you like?

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
welcome to LIW!
36.gif
be sure to go to the LIW list thread so you can be added too.

your BF sounds like a great guy! you two sound like you''re very happy.
9.gif

aww, it makes me a little sad when i hear someone say they''re lowering their expectations. what are your ring preferences? there are some really great online vendors (whiteflash is definitely one of them) that''ll be able to work with whatever budget and stretch it to the max. i''m sure you two will be able to reach a happy medium when it comes to the ring.

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the welcome!

I am in love with Asschers and Emeralds. I''d like a solitaire that can be later set in a pave or antique-ish split shank setting. I have big hands and super long fingers which is odd since I''m 5 feet tall so I''d love something around a carat as not to get lost on my size 6-1/2 finger!

I guess I''ll need a tutorial on how to post pics that way I can show pics of the dream ring.

Magpie09

Shiny_Rock
Welcome
35.gif

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Welcome!!
35.gif

susied

Rough_Rock
First of all, welcome - I''m sort of new too.
Second of all, I HAD to laugh at your "cheap" comment. I think my "boyfriend" is the most stingy person on the face of this planet so I definitely understand! When we talked hypothetically about engagement rings, his idea of a fair amount to spend was next to nothing - and this was based on principle only - he thinks engagement rings are a waste of money.
I think the fact that your boyfriend is looking at rings is a step in the right direction. Good luck!

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Welcome!! Lol @ the "cheap" comment! Don''t worry! My fiance is also "cheap" and he got it done!! Hope your stay is short and sweet!!
9.gif

jeg80

Rough_Rock
Hi! I''m new to the list too so I hope both of our "stays" are short and sweet!!! It is fun around her though
1.gif

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome!
Don''t lower your expectations. Just send your boyfriend to us and we''ll set him straight!

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
You all are too funny!

Susied, I think our bf''s are Brother''s. Mine pretty much thinks everything should be $50. New car $50, house $50, ring $50, fishing pole...yep $50. So really I''ve come along way to the get to a 4k budget! The funny thing is that when we talk about weddings I''m like let''s elope because weddings are expensive and he''s the one that wants a wedding! I know part of it is he''s never been married so he wants all the traditions but I can guarantee when I start showing him the costs we''ll be heading for an elopement!

susied

Rough_Rock
$4k is pretty darn good! What that his idea?!
You''re right...I think once he figures out how much weddings cost, ya''ll will be headed out of town
2.gif

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock
I 100% understand where you''re coming from. My boyfriend and I are both 32, both do quite well professionally, and he is exactly the same way. Insanely frugal. Ring shopping for us has been a process. Most men have no idea how much an engagement ring costs at all. Once we started shopping at a few stores and he saw how much the ballpark price was at all of them for what we were looking for he slowly started to have a more realistic picture of what it would cost to get a ring we were both happy with. For us, modern cut diamonds were all just too expensive for us to be able to get the size we wanted. We have ended up focusing on getting an antique center stone (Old mine cut, Old European cut etc) in a lower color as you can get a lot more bang for your buck for them. If you have your heart set on an asscher maybe you can find one from an antique jeweler that may be more affordable.

Here''s are two nice ones from Leigh Jay Nacht that are well priced. There are people on PS that have purchased from this vendor so I''m sure you can find out more about them if you ask. Maybe you can even get to the vendor for a visit if you live nearby.

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=2214

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=2238

http://antiqueengagementrings.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=2213. A K might be a little too much color for some in an asscher but just posting the option.

Hope this helps!

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
bigdiamondtinygal - Thanks for the suggestions on the antique engagement rings, there are some gorgeous rings on there! I''ll have to accidentally add the site to his favorites!

bigdiamondtinygal

Shiny_Rock
You''re welcome. Check out Israel Rose as well. The prices are a little higher but you may find something there as well

http://www.newyorkestatejewelry.com/engagement-rings/1ct-art-deco-platinum-18k-yellow-gold-diamond-engagement-ring-/9073/3/item

http://www.newyorkestatejewelry.com/engagement-rings/1.22ct-art-deco-style-platinum-diamond-engagement-ring/9399/3/item

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi and welcome!

Just wanted to point out and someone correct me if I''m wrong but dont asschers face up small for their weight?
I seem to remember that in another post so you might want to investigate that if you are looking for finger
coverage on a budget.

Have fun ring shopping...there are lots of pretty ones here!

tyty

4ever

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 12:09:37 AM
Author: tyty333
Hi and welcome!

Just wanted to point out and someone correct me if I''m wrong but dont asschers face up small for their weight?
I seem to remember that in another post so you might want to investigate that if you are looking for finger
coverage on a budget.

Have fun ring shopping...there are lots of pretty ones here!

tyty
Yep, they do. I started looking at jewlery and daimonds once bf mentioned an engagment ring, to figgure out what I like (which is how I wound up here) and one of my first loves was the assher cut because I''d never seen anything like it. I went right off it once I learnt they face up so much smaller then many other cuts. If bf and I were going to spend lots of money (to me as a poor student anyway) on a daimond, I wanted it to LOOK like we''d spent lots of money on it. Personally, it would really bug me if someone though it was so much smaller then it actually was.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
SAAALLLUUUTTAAATTIIIOOOONNNSSS!!!!!
36.gif
35.gif
36.gif
35.gif

winelover23

Ideal_Rock
Oh really? Thanks for the info! I also have Emeralds on my wish list, I wonder how they are...

I''m pretty much leaving it up to the bf, I''ve only dropped hints and showed him a few pics so we''ll see!

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Welcome and hello to you winelover!
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results