shape
carat
color
clarity

New Freshies On Their Way!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
So what do we think of these? These are a special gift, not for me, since my selfish funds are used up.

Like, no like? They should be here in a week or so, what do you think?

http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=search&keywords=1141&Submit=Search

She wanted something subtle and she picked them out herself (repeatedly) after I (repeatedly) offered an assortment of Catherine's options. I hope she likes it when she gets them, but Catherine said I could return or exchange if necessary. I personally would have chosen this one (if the first set goes back, I'll exchange for these or something similar and just keep them myself! :lol: ):

http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=moreInfo&id=1332

Isn't the color amazing? (If somebody wants to buy these, don't feel bad, I don't have dibs)

Opinions, please, ladies/gents.

1141 Large High Lustre Rare Colour Oval Metallic Multicolour Freshwater Pearl Necklace-2.jpeg

1141 Large High Lustre Rare Colour Oval Metallic Multicolour Freshwater Pearl Necklace-1.jpeg

1141 Large High Lustre Rare Colour Oval Metallic Multicolour Freshwater Pearl Necklace.jpeg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous strands of pearls. I've been looking over Catherine's site for the past few days. I love the multicolored strands best, and the funky shapes of some of them. I also like the slightly longer lengths for myself, so feel free to order all the 16" strands you like. :bigsmile: I think the special gift you ordered is beautiful, colorful and stunning. :appl:

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
oooooooh, I love these! :love:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock

in order of my preference....but it appears any of them couldn't be a bad thing!

MoZo

iLander

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie said:

in order of my preference....but it appears any of them couldn't be a bad thing!

MoZo

Well, the fact that you like any of them is good news MZ, since they're the same strand but in different lights =) Isn't it amazing how pearls change?

I was so happy when she updated her site a few days ago so that non-PC users could finally see the slide shows (click "more info" next to each strand). That made all the difference to me :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
wow, had me fooled! thought they were 3 separate strands! goes to show how important lighting is in viewing pearls!

MoZo

iLander

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie said:
wow, had me fooled! thought they were 3 separate strands! goes to show how important lighting is in viewing pearls!

MoZo

I know, isn't that weird? :shock:

I think they're as changeable as gemstones, the way they react in different light!

I have a pair of white Mikimoto pearl earrings that look like white plastic garbage in bright daylight and their rainbow orient doesn't show unless I'm in subdued light or inside. Then they look a little ivory. In incandescent, they're Really ivory! But Mikimoto doesn't sell ivory pearls . . . :?:

So, yeah, weird. . . :twirl:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is amazing how deceiving pearls can look in different lighting. I really love them. I hope she is thrilled with...but I am sure she will be!!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Ugh! They're still not here. I know it's only been 3-4 business days, but everybody else's strands are making me crazy! :twirl:

I think someone asked who started the stampede to Catherine's site, I blame Gailey! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let the record show that she ordered the first strand and we all fell to pieces after that. . . :tongue:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
iLander said:
Let the record show that she ordered the first strand and we all fell to pieces after that. . . :tongue:

so say we all!

MoZo

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie said:
iLander said:

so say we all!

MoZo

Agreed, but I have to admit, a friend of mind told me about her from the other forum. So I checked her site out a while back and it was because of all of these beautiful new aquisitions on here that I had to get in the fan club! OH.... and I am not gonna lie, the 20% discount helps! :bigsmile:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes, that 20% factor knocked me off the fence.....

MoZo

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL!..... yes, I think several of us over the edge.... :bigsmile:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
OKAY, MINE CAME IN!!

I can't post pics since the giftee for this strand is not above checking this thread :lol:

SORRYY!! :o After they have been given and received, I will start a new thread with pics! i PROMISE!

But, here's my honest opinion: VERY NICE! In most lights, they look exactly like the third picture up top there. In very dim light, I get the colors that you see in the first and second picture. In bright light, from a distance, they give an overall impression of a very shiny peachy off white strand. The luster is excellent, and the different colors are beautiful. In RL they look like the ones in the Pearl Paradise pix, but not all of them are a mirror finish. They are as Catherine described "a few mirror luster" pearls. I actually don't like an overall mirror finish (which is why I don't buy from PP) I prefer a more natural look, which is what the majority of them are. They do look very shiny (more so than my Mikimoto pearls) but only a few are "mirror" per se. I think she has strands that are 100% mirror, but they are not my personal preference.

I KNOW CCN's strand is nice, because there are a few pearls in this strand that are purple like hers, and they are absolutely beautiful! There are some golden overtoned pearls and they are stunning, so if you're considering one of those go for it (on my list for my birthday for sure!). The pink and peach colors are very soft and pretty, if you like those colors, you will like these. There is an orangey one, almost tangerine that is a FABULOUS color, very usual and intense. I might ask Catherine for some of those!

They are very heavy and substantial, almost as heavy as my SS strand, but not quite (they are a little smaller than the SS, BTW). I like the clasp a lot more than I thought I would, it's actually fairly graceful in RL. The 10mm is a good presence, excellent for all size ladies, IMHO. I think 8mm is a little smallish, more a subtle pearl, but the 10mm is a good size.

I don't see any blemishes, anywhere, Catherine was right at rating them AAA. They are EXACTLY as described.

These are so far and away better than the bead show and gift store pearls that you usually see, and they are a gift that will last her well into old age. Maybe even get passed down through the years! That's the kind of quality these are. For the price of a nice sweater and some fancy pants jeans, I bought a really NICE piece of jewelry.

OVERALL OPINION? BEST FREAKING $150 I EVER SPENT! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Seriously, don't you think?

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1288916181|2755375 said:
OKAY, MINE CAME IN!!

I can't post pics since the giftee for this strand is not above checking this thread :lol:

SORRYY!! :o After they have been given and received, I will start a new thread with pics! i PROMISE!

But, here's my honest opinion: VERY NICE! In most lights, they look exactly like the third picture up top there. In very dim light, I get the colors that you see in the first and second picture. In bright light, from a distance, they give an overall impression of a very shiny peachy off white strand. The luster is excellent, and the different colors are beautiful. In RL they look like the ones in the Pearl Paradise pix, but not all of them are a mirror finish. They are as Catherine described "a few mirror luster" pearls. I actually don't like an overall mirror finish (which is why I don't buy from PP) I prefer a more natural look, which is what the majority of them are. They do look very shiny (more so than my Mikimoto pearls) but only a few are "mirror" per se. I think she has strands that are 100% mirror, but they are not my personal preference.

I KNOW CCN's strand is nice, because there are a few pearls in this strand that are purple like hers, and they are absolutely beautiful! There are some golden overtoned pearls and they are stunning, so if you're considering one of those go for it (on my list for my birthday for sure!). The pink and peach colors are very soft and pretty, if you like those colors, you will like these. There is an orangey one, almost tangerine that is a FABULOUS color, very usual and intense. I might ask Catherine for some of those!

They are very heavy and substantial, almost as heavy as my SS strand, but not quite (they are a little smaller than the SS, BTW). I like the clasp a lot more than I thought I would, it's actually fairly graceful in RL. The 10mm is a good presence, excellent for all size ladies, IMHO. I think 8mm is a little smallish, more a subtle pearl, but the 10mm is a good size.

I don't see any blemishes, anywhere, Catherine was right at rating them AAA. They are EXACTLY as described.

These are so far and away better than the bead show and gift store pearls that you usually see, and they are a gift that will last her well into old age. Maybe even get passed down through the years! That's the kind of quality these are. For the price of a nice sweater and some fancy pants jeans, I bought a really NICE piece of jewelry.

OVERALL OPINION? BEST FREAKING $150 I EVER SPENT! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Seriously, don't you think?

You crack me up! What a great detailed review! We could call you the pearl reviewer! Seriously, though, I want pics after the way that you described them. They sound lovely! For the size, $150 is a great price. They may not be as round as the PP pearls, and the fact that you don't want super metallics, I think according to your description, YOu did great as the PP pearls "IF" they came in that size/quality...... I imagine could be as much as $500+.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results