color
clarity

New Finewaters

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmm..nothing really caught my eye this time around..

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
true there is no big production number, just steady gibralter-ish rocks, but also notice that under the regular inventory stones the awesome marquis bi color sapphire from last time is back as is a really bright mali garnet

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2010 10:31:05 PM
Author: MakingTheGrade
Hmm..nothing really caught my eye this time around..

Me neither
7.gif

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I think the Montana sapphire is neat.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
thank you indy!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the new garnet a lot, but am in the middle of like 4 different projects right now, lol. And that one doesn''t scream at me enough for me to want to over extend my wallet right now. Maybe if it''s still there later...

velouriaL

Brilliant_Rock
I like how he's really into playing up the character of the stones-- inclusion and color zoning and all-- instead of trying to make them cookie cutter perfect. Kinda like the the idea of an emerald's "jardin" or other signatures. I'd especially love to see that blue sapphire with a "golden core" IRL. Of course, I'm not in the market for anything right now... And of course I think this aesthetic caters to those who can afford to really collect interesting things rather than save up for one special piece.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Nice point Veloria.

Gempassion

Shiny_Rock
That substantial light blue topaz could make one beautiful pendant!

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
I was fond of the Montana as well, but it''s ALREADY been put on hold! I get the feeling that you ladies (and gents) have been doing this for so long that you know which days that Gene and the others post their new cuts on the website to be purchased.

Do they post new items only on specific days of the week, or in some sort of pattern, or announce them in e-mails? Or are you guys so good and up on things that you see things quickly because you are constantly checking their websites? I''m really new to this, and it seems like every time I fall for a piece, it''s already marked as sold!!! Some of the pieces -- especially aa few specific cuts/colors that I am desperately searching for to make into my mother''s mother-of-the-bride gift, when I get married.

(May be getting off topic here, but that Montana Sapphire reallly caught my eye, and it brought up my question).

Does anyone know who scored the Montana?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Sailing, he, like many of the other custom lapidaries, sends out an email when there are new stones; a little less frequently than once a month. Still with some you just need to keep checking. Gene posts fewer but more frequently and the first appear on his blog (which is linked to the website). For the email newsletters you can sign up on the sites, Jeff White has one too that is very advantageous to be on.

There was a lovely Montana sapphire .93 carat on the previous finewater release that I purchased, so I had to get this new one too since they make an almost matched pair. They will be in a ring with a Peter Torraca spinel as the center stone. here is a poor photoshop paste-up

montanaspinel.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/3/2010 9:03:44 AM
Author: VapidLapid
Sailing, he, like many of the other custom lapidaries, sends out an email when there are new stones; a little less frequently than once a month. Still with some you just need to keep checking. Gene posts fewer but more frequently and the first appear on his blog (which is linked to the website). For the email newsletters you can sign up on the sites, Jeff White has one too that is very advantageous to be on.

There was a lovely Montana sapphire .93 carat on the previous finewater release that I purchased, so I had to get this new one too since they make an almost matched pair. They will be in a ring with a Peter Torraca spinel as the center stone. here is a poor photoshop paste-up
ACS usually puts up new stones on wednesdays, with a larger drop at the beginning of the month. TheGemtrader also has a drop on the first day of the month (although, this month, it will be on Wednesday).

I like the purple spinel Garry posted.

KeepStepping

Shiny_Rock
Vapid,

I love the look of that piece!! I can''t wait to see it. You''re right, they do make almost a perfect pair. I''m actually so glad it was you that got it, that will look wonderful. That was a killer find for you. I''ll keep a look out, I still have much to learn. At least, when something I love is already sold, I know I am developing a good eye! ;-)

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/3/2010 9:03:44 AM
Author: VapidLapid

Very nice VL! The montana sapphire was the only one that really caught my eye, and I''m so glad you got it! Please post pics when you get it.
36.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results