shape
carat
color
clarity

New e-ring stone to replace lost ering!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Howdy all,

As many of you know I unfortunately lost my ruby ering (you can see pics on pg 2 coloured solitares thread) and have been looking to replace it ever since but we are on a extremely tight budget
39.gif
so I didn''t think I''d find anything I liked.

Last week I was garping in the local "rock shop" and the owner asked me what I was actually looking for so I explained my situation. Suprisingly she said "why don''t you take a look at my loose sapphire collection and let me know if you want one?" Turns out she has a dealer who has his own local mine and cuts them himself (yes we have a mining area only an hour away!)

So good news is I have now started paying off a stunning 1ct emerald cut parti-sapphire (AKA bi-color) for my future ering. It''s unheated/untreated, fantastic cut and amazing 3 colours that I love coz its unique.
30.gif

Soooo am now on the hunt for the perfect setting ideas! Could you please help me out by posting pics of modern sleek split shank or unusual settings? The stone is 4.5x5.5mm. I wear yellow gold but will probably set the head in white with a yellow gold band. I also like East West settings. NOT into pave or halos.

Thanks very much!!!
36.gif

P.S. Will post pics when I can. Sorta looks like this Parti-sapphire colour but in an emerald cut, maybe tad lighter.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry : Forgot to mention I would like to set it in the best way to maximise light!!!

Thanks.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Glad you are getting a new stone, HotPozzum! Here are some pictures from Stuller. Link

I recently had an emerald cut garnet mounted by my local jeweler. I just took in the attached picture, and he did the rest.

70548_Y_.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I love unique stones! Can''t wait to see pics of your new one!
36.gif

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, thank you everyone for you nice comments and help. Those settings are fab! Promise to post pics once i get the stone.
36.gif

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mini-threadjack:

Choro, is there a thread for your EC ring? It''s beautiful, and I''d love to see more photos. A simple setting like that might be just the thing for one or two of my colored stones!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
I want to see pictures soon!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My hubby is so sweet! I was having the crappiest day at work, drowining in mountains of paperwork, phone never shut up etc and he popped in with lunch for me then asked if there was any errands in town he could do for me. As I''m paying of my new sapphire slowly, I asked him to stick another $50 on it for me.

Guess what? He comes back all coy and says "Since I didn''t get a good look at it, thought I''d better bring it home for closer inspection!" and hands it to me all gift wrapped to cheer me up!
30.gif

Awwwwwwwww..............

Promise to post pics when I get home.

Right now it''s just sitting quietly sparkling on my desk (VERY distracting!)
31.gif

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 11:26:14 PM
Author: HotPozzum
My hubby is so sweet! I was having the crappiest day at work, drowining in mountains of paperwork, phone never shut up etc and he popped in with lunch for me then asked if there was any errands in town he could do for me. As I''m paying of my new sapphire slowly, I asked him to stick another $50 on it for me.

Guess what? He comes back all coy and says ''Since I didn''t get a good look at it, thought I''d better bring it home for closer inspection!'' and hands it to me all gift wrapped to cheer me up!
30.gif

Awwwwwwwww..............

31.gif
Awww, Pozzum - what a really great guy!! I was having a slightly crappy evening myself, and just reading your post cheered me up. Can''t wait to see your pics - hope the rest of your day is fantastic!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/24/2009 11:26:14 PM
Author: HotPozzum

Guess what? He comes back all coy and says ''Since I didn''t get a good look at it, thought I''d better bring it home for closer inspection!'' and hands it to me all gift wrapped to cheer me up!
30.gif

Awwwwwwwww..............

31.gif
Awww, what a sweet hubby you have. I am sure that made your day, night, etc.... Now take some pics for us... Hint hint!!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results