shape
carat
color
clarity

New Dan Stair goodies

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
It's been a while since I've posted to PS but I've been lurking and recently looking through Dan Stair's site and decided to spring for two stones: the .91 RB colorless zircon, and the 1.36 double barion princess champagne topaz. Dan's going to mail them out today so once I receive them I'll try to snap some good photos. I'm thinking the topaz will eventually go into a ring, but the zircon may end up as a pendant. I haven't seen many pendant settings that I like from the usual eBay vendors, so any suggestions would be welcome!

zi1446rubybeth.jpg

tz1384rubybeth.jpg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh how I love the champagne topaz. And how I wished it had a sister! Beautiful stones, be sure to post pics when you get them. Congrats.

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Pretty stones! I can't wait to see your pictures! :))

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Treenbean and Burberrygirl! I'm very excited to see how the topaz looks in various lighting situations. It's snowing here right now (Minnesota) but we're supposed to have some warmth and sun later this week so maybe I'll have them in my hot little hands by then. :love:

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
My attempt at some photos. Sorry for the lighting in some, it was dark when I opened the package but I couldn't help taking some photos. :twirl:

rubybethzirconinbox.jpg

topazbyxfactor.jpg

zirconbyxfactor.jpg

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
A few more. I really love both of them. It will be a while before I set either of them, I think, but I'm glad I snatched them up when I did.

daylightzirconxfactor.jpg

zirconinhand.jpg

zirconbytopaz.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, they look beautifully cut. Its hard to tell on the fire and and sparkle from the pics but I can imagine... :love:

sparkle-magpie

Rough_Rock
Hi!

What a lovely specimens!

It looks like we're in the same state...can you recommend any good jewelers for a bezel set pear ring?
This is my first project, and I'm not sure how to choose a good craftsman. Any thoughts?

Stay warm and all the best!

rubybeth

Ideal_Rock
Hi sparkle-magpie! I haven't used either of them personally, but I think I'd recommend onegarnetgirl on Etsy for a bezel setting, and I've also read good things here about Daniel M.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/onegarnetgirl
http://www.etsy.com/shop/danielmjewelry

I contacted onegarnetgirl a while ago about a pear bezel set ring, and she was lovely to interact with, just didn't have the budget for the project at that point. She's in my Etsy favorites, though, for the future. :tongue: Hope this helps!

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Nice catches!

Laura

sparkle-magpie

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the ideas!

It's hard to find someone here in MN. I think I'm going to visit a few places, see what they say. I'm not opposed to sending it out for the work...I'd just be on pins and needles the entire time!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results