shape
carat
color
clarity

New Black Lab Puppy Coming Soon....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
A few months ago, my parents had to put down our wonderful black lab named Fanny. She was 16 (very old for a larger breed) and was deteriorating quickly. She was one of the sweetest dogs we''ve ever had!! Such a riot and so loving and good-natured. Anyway, my parents finally feel ready to get another dog. They swore they would never get another puppy because Fanny was an absolute nightmare (as most puppies are), but it''s so easy to forget the bad times when they are SO cute. The puppy will be ready to come home the weekend after next. I''m flying home for the weekend. Anyway, they''ve been visiting the litter since the pups were a week old and my dad has been documenting their development on film. There were 13 pups originally (sadly, one died), 9 black and 4 yellow. My parents are getting a black one. Thought I''d shared with you some of the pics. They''re so cute, it''s almost painful!

humphrey0001.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
another...

IMG_0833_2.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
the attraction to water begins young, I guess....

IMG_0852_2.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
you might have to stop me...

humphrey0001_2.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
just a few more...

IMG_0867_2.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
in my mom''s arms...

IMG_0877_2.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
okay, last one....that is, until he comes home next week!!!!

IMG_0976_2.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG Dem they are too cute. Gotta love em!!!

I wish they could stay small and cuddly! hehee.

finerthings

Brilliant_Rock
OMG I want one in each color! How fun, and best wishes to your Mom and Dad! Thanks so much for the delightful pictures.
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwww Dem, they are too cute for words. I grew up with Labs. We had 3 of them and they are the sweetest most loyal dogs ever. I am so happy your parents are getting another dog. Can''t wait for him to come home next week. Have they picked out a name for him yet???

widget

Ideal_Rock
OH NO!!!!! Another adorable puppy thread!!! Am I sensing a trend???

Dem....they''re so cute! I love Labs...

You must keep us updated with pictures and how your parents fare with the trauma of a new baby in the family..

widget (who keeps repeating to herself: "they''re nice to visit, but you wouldn''t want to live with one...")

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2006 8:21:03 PM
Author: kaleigh
Awwww Dem, they are too cute for words. I grew up with Labs. We had 3 of them and they are the sweetest most loyal dogs ever. I am so happy your parents are getting another dog. Can''t wait for him to come home next week. Have they picked out a name for him yet???

Well, the current name seems to be Humphrey. I don''t know how I feel about it. At first, I hated it, but it''s starting to grow on me. We''ve had a Henry, Howard (my dog), and maybe Humphrey. Thoughts?

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nooo not Humphrey!!!!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2006 8:34:42 PM
Author: widget
OH NO!!!!! Another adorable puppy thread!!! Am I sensing a trend???

Dem....they''re so cute! I love Labs...

You must keep us updated with pictures and how your parents fare with the trauma of a new baby in the family..

widget (who keeps repeating to herself: ''they''re nice to visit, but you wouldn''t want to live with one...'')

Haha, that''s what I keep saying -- it''ll be so fun to visit, but I''m sure I''ll be so glad that I get to go home. Fanny was so devilish!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Actually I like the name Humphrey, kind of cute. We had a Brandy, then a Katie (she got hit by a car) then the third was Katie II. Now that bugged me.
11.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh Dem..they are all so adorable and take me right back to when I first saw Zoe. There is something about a lab puppy that just grabs my heart and seeing your pics make me want another

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Oh Dem they are adorable!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

I''m so glad your parents are getting a new addition to the family
1.gif
Please post more pics when you go to visit!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Humphrey - that''s a name with substance. I knew a lab named Lincoln - he was very regal! My inlaws had a cocker spaniel named Lady. When she died, they got another and named her Lady as well. Then the first Lady became known as ''the old Lady''. I never did like that. Seemed disrespectful to me!

Lab puppies can be a handful but as a full grown dog I don''t know of a more loyal breed. I just personally am not a big dog person but if I was they would be my dog of choice.

Dem - those pics are killers - just like pics of your stone! Those faces are just delightful - I am glad that your parents are making the plunge again. There is nothing like having a new ''baby'' to love and care for. Please keep us updated - I''m sure the whole family is excited!

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2006 9:45:03 PM
Author: MissGotRocks
Humphrey - that''s a name with substance. I knew a lab named Lincoln - he was very regal! My inlaws had a cocker spaniel named Lady. When she died, they got another and named her Lady as well. Then the first Lady became known as ''the old Lady''. I never did like that. Seemed disrespectful to me!

Lab puppies can be a handful but as a full grown dog I don''t know of a more loyal breed. I just personally am not a big dog person but if I was they would be my dog of choice.

Dem - those pics are killers - just like pics of your stone! Those faces are just delightful - I am glad that your parents are making the plunge again. There is nothing like having a new ''baby'' to love and care for. Please keep us updated - I''m sure the whole family is excited!

Yeah, I agree that it''s kind of weird to name the new dog after the old one. I can''t imagine calling this new one Fanny. It''s going to be kind of weird that they''ll look so similar. I thought they should get a yellow lab for a change, but they wanted a black one again. Anyway, they''re all so adorable! Mara came up with some other names I kind of like: Murray, Spencer, Basil, and Bogart. I''ll run them by my parents. Thoughts?

XChick03

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry to hear about Fanny.
7.gif

But those puppies are so adorable! Not sure I am crazy about the name, but they're all so cute any name will work.
9.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh those puppies are too cute - I want a blonde one! How exciting for your parents. How about Harvey so you can keep the "H" thing going?

MissAva

Ideal_Rock

Oh what a handsome face, they all look so soft and cuddly...and puppies always smell so sweet. My father had a black lab named Tar Baby, which I always thought was a cute . My favorite lab name is one from a book, Foolish. I just think that is the perfect way to describe a lab, so fanciful.

Our Dogs:
Chocolate lab-Hershey
Golden Retriever- Big Jake
Mutt mix of German Shepard /Huskie/???- Alaska
Black lab- Oskar
Unknown mix- Garth
Great Dane- Willmina May
Chesapeake Bay- Honey
Boston Terrier- William Bear Van Derveer
Greater Swiss Mountain Dog- Beauregard
Mastiff- Mr. Victor Zuel
Boston Terrier- Aviations Greatest Love- Ava

chellebelle

Shiny_Rock
Oh.... my.... gosh. Those puppies are sooooo cute!!! I''m in puppy heaven with all these threads. I love them! I grew up with a golden lab and he was the sweetest thing ever. I miss him terribly to this day! Every time I see a golden lab I say "Oh there''s Pete!" hehe Keep those pics comin''! I adore those precious puppy faces!
1.gif

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
OHHHHHHHHHHH THEY ARE SOOOO CUUUUUUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif
I grew up with two black labs, and they really are the sweetest most wonderful dogs!!! And seeing those puppy pictures brings back such memories!!! I cannot wait until (1) they get their baby so you can post ten MILLION more pictures
9.gif
and (2) I live in a house (not an apartment) so I can get a dog!!!!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They are so cute!!!! I love their droopy eyes! They look so helpless, makes you want to take them home!
Taking care of a puppy is a nightmare, but it's definitely worth it!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/27/2006 8:14:10 PM
Author: Demelza
you might have to stop me...
Oh my gosh!!!

Demelza ... I want one, I want one, Please .... I promise to be good!
12.gif

I want the lil' bouchie baby in pic #4!

I too had a black Lab growing up. She was the best watch dog! She was my best friend! She was soooo smart! She was beautiful, she had a recessive gene, she had wavy hair. Her coat was so soft and shiney, when she laid in the californian sunshine, it looked like midnight blueish black! Oh, how I miss my Spooky girl!
emlove.gif
We named her spooky because we got her at holloween, and she was so spooked out by all the lil' kids coming to the door for candy!

Growing up we had dashhounds, german shepard, black lab, cocker spaniel, beagles ... Just love them all!

My first dashhound was so weird! He could climb a 6 foot chain link fence like a darn cat! His name was peanuts!

I am sure you Mom and Dad are going to be soooo happy with their new lil' baby! I would love to see more pics when you get them!

As far as the name Humphrey ... I dunno? I think if I was to get another black lab, and it was male ... I would consider ... "Hercules"!
2.gif

35.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
OHMY!!!! I have such a soft spot for labs having grown up with them.
5.gif
I really wish we could have gotten one, but our townhouse is just too small. They really are such loyal and loving creatures... big cuddle bugs!!!

Mata - I love chocolate labs named after chocolate... so cute!!! My parents best friends bred labs and thier chocolate lab was named Mister Goodbar, Mister for short.

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif

Lab puppies are the cutest!!!!!!

My FI and I dog sat for our friends this past weekend, they have 2 lab mixes..very cute dogs. He was hoping it would get me over my puppy ''phase'' (NEVER) because I want a dog so bad (a chocolate lab and english bulldog). PS is bad for those who love diamonds and puppies.
28.gif

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
awwwww...... i love labs. my grandparents had a a black lab who wandered into their yard and just decided to stay. we called her Puppy, even though she was full grown when she came to us, cuz that was one of the few englsh words my grandma knew
1.gif
. She was just the SWEETEST dog. Twice she left, and came back, both times pregnant
20.gif
. Her puppies were the cutest things EVER! They looked just like her, but all multicolored - white, black, brown, white and brownspots. We had NO trouble finding homes for them at all!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
In keeping with the H theme, Herbie?
28.gif
Hank? Harley, Hendrix, Harris, Harper, Hudson, Hamlet? We''re not big common names for dog people. We had a bullmastiff named Baron (Baron of Blackhouse on his papers), a black lab/retriever mix named Damien (which fit, he was a demon!!) and our mini-dachshund Woofus II (or Woofie). How about the name Rocket? On an aside, TELL me you have Read "Marley and Me" by Jim Grogan. Best book ever, about a family and their lab, the sweetest and saddest stories ever. I''m trying to convince the BF to let us get a lab, but he wants to get a corgi. He likes those big dog bodies on little dog legs.
1.gif
Go here for more options.. http://www.petrix.com/dognames/h.html

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results