shape
carat
color
clarity

New! Anyone know time period of this Lavalier?

Themis

Rough_Rock
Inherited this some years ago. Mother and grandmother always said my great grandfather won it in a bet while traveling. They usually referred to it as the "diamond lavalier"and there were several other vintage and antique diamond pieces in safety deposit, so I assume it's real but haven't ever had appraised. Was just wondering if anyone could tell the era or time period from the picture alone. Thanks in advance for any observations and I apologize for subpar picture quality. :)

_6558.jpeg

MariMeow

Rough_Rock
Hi!

What a beautiful lavalier! I'd love to see a picture from the back to check for any stamps, or if it has a different color. That would tell us more. For example, some pieces are white gold in the front and yellow gold in the back. It looks art decó.

Does it have millgrain detailing?

Themis

Rough_Rock
This is the back. It is the same color throughout, either sterling or platinum from looks alone, bit I guess it could be white gold. No marks or stamps that I could see but I wear glasses and don't have the greatest vision. It does seem to have millgrain detailing or edging.

_6559.jpeg

Katesimone

Rough_Rock
Looks very Art Deco to me! I'd say around 1920-1930

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results