shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW New 2.5c Emerald Cut with custom setting!

almost_there

Rough_Rock
Hoping to find people to share my joy with (since it's not really cool to run around flashing your ring in people's faces)! I just got this after months of design. I love it!

IMG_2750.JPG

IMG_2720.JPG

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that's really beautiful! Please tell us more about it and your beautiful stone!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! :appl:

almost_there

Rough_Rock
Wow that's really beautiful! Please tell us more about it and your beautiful stone!
It's a 2.50c, J, VVS2. I felt that a step cut needed good clarity, and I discovered that you can find a J that is pretty white. So, I maximized my $ by going with this stone. My husband wouldn't let me go bigger because he thinks it gets too flashy.

It was originally set in a simple setting, but I got this new setting for our anniversary.

The setting is a knock off of an old Cartier that is no longer made. I commissioned an independent jeweler in Alexandria, VA to make it. I had seen his work at a craft show and was very impressed. I was nervous and skeptical throughout the process, but he really delivered!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Beautiful! Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, I love a step cut in an antique style setting...you dont see many of them set like this and it
just looks gorgeous!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always think emerald cuts look so elegant, lovely!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful!! Congratulations!

BTW, which store in Alexandria? I'm in that general area.

Hayley87

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful! And I love, love, love the setting; the floral shape along the sides of the stone is so pretty!

almost_there

Rough_Rock
Beautiful! And I love, love, love the setting; the floral shape along the sides of the stone is so pretty!

Thank you! I love the round accents stones with the step cut center. I feel like it draws your eye into the depths of the center stone.

I'm just walking around staring at my hand! I keep flashing it to my husband (who jokes that he's blinded) and my 1 and 3 year olds, who don't understand why Mommy is so giddy!

almost_there

Rough_Rock
Beautiful!! Congratulations!

BTW, which store in Alexandria? I'm in that general area.

http://stores.dejanstudiojewelry.com/
I was originally going to buy some of his stacking rings for my right hand. But then I saw what great detailed work he could do, and decided to go for it with the reset.

My ring is not his usual style, but I found that he can create whatever you can dream up.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow that's beautiful! So white and so huge :love: please feel free to post as many pictures as you like!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow.. took my breath away... classsssy! it's beautiful!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results