shape
carat
color
clarity

Never enough Alexandrites..

S

Shiny Black Cat

My newest find, vintage gold plated Alexandrite earrings, cca 1 ct each. Just sharing. No certificate, l hope you don't mind.all comments welcome. The photos were taken in different light sources.
IMG_20220325_161307_HDR.jpg l IMG_20220304_124147_HDR.jpg IMG_20220325_160226_HDR.jpg IMG_20220325_161252_HDR.jpg IMG_20220327_135113_HDR.jpg IMG_20220325_163924.jpg IMG_20220325_160911_HDR.jpg IMG_20220321_203218_HDR.jpg IMG_20220305_153028_HDR.jpg

Very nice... enjoy! So you're probably tired of seeing only me respond to your posts. lol I was thinking it helps if one engages other members on their posts too. That might generate some responses on your own threads and build a rapport. I just want everyone here to have a good experience. :)

S

Shiny Black Cat

Very nice... enjoy! So you're probably tired of seeing only me respond to your posts. lol I was thinking it helps if one engages other members on their posts too. That might generate some responses on your own threads and build a rapport. I just want everyone here to have a good experience. :)

You are right, l am watching other threads, but it's not easy because of language barrier, especially if there slang. Thank you

You are right, l am watching other threads, but it's not easy because of language barrier, especially if there slang. Thank you

Oh yes, I understand! But we have folks from all over the world here as members, so don't be afraid to comment (or ask questions). We are all fluent in the language of gemstones. :geek2:

pokerface

Brilliant_Rock

OP's problem is not only that these posts are misdirected (gold plate, synthetic Alexandrite and rhinestones are textbook costume jewelry), but also, she's been rude to multiple members who have been giving run-of-the-mill advice (which was, and continues to be solicited). I really hope this thread is moved to where it belongs (Costume Jewelry) so presumably OP could receive more constructive feedback and positive reinforcement.

OP's problem is not only that these posts are misdirected (gold plate, synthetic Alexandrite and rhinestones are textbook costume jewelry), but also, she's been rude to multiple members who have been giving run-of-the-mill advice (which was, and continues to be solicited). I really hope this thread is moved to where it belongs (Costume Jewelry) so presumably OP could receive more constructive feedback and positive reinforcement.

I understand where you're coming from. And I agree that this particular post is better suited to the fashion jewelry board. I am also aware of the previous thread to which you're referring. It did get ugly, and it could have been handled better all the way around, but I do believe that the language barrier created some misunderstandings as well. My hope is just for everyone to feel welcome, even if they got off to a rocky start. I think we all know this forum can be a bit intimidating to newcomers! :shifty:

S

Shiny Black Cat

Those are beautiful! My wife has some simple Alexandrite studs, however I made the mistake of showing her your earrings and now she wants something similar :lol-2:

I understand where you're coming from. And I agree that this particular post is better suited to the fashion jewelry board. I am also aware of the previous thread to which you're referring. It did get ugly, and it could have been handled better all the way around, but I do believe that the language barrier created some misunderstandings as well. My hope is just for everyone to feel welcome, even if they got off to a rocky start. I think we all know this forum can be a bit intimidating to newcomers! :shifty:

trust me, l know what am l doing.:lol-2:

S

Shiny Black Cat

can you quote me ONE my sentence where l was rude, thank you, for begining. l am sure l can explain my "rudeness". o, yes, l have more loose stones for this forum. fyi l set my alexandrites in silver, because l prefer silver.

Voodoo Child

Shiny_Rock
I must confess that I didn’t look at OP’s earrings very closely. I just like the style of them and assumed they were legit. Regardless, the old adage of, “if you don’t have anything nice to say, say nothing at all” comes into play here. Especially since there seems to be a communication barrier with OP due to ESL.

S

Shiny Black Cat

can you quote me ONE my sentence where l was rude, thank you, for begining. l am sure l can explain my "rudeness". o, yes, l have more loose stones for this forum. fyi l set my alexandrites in silver, because l prefer silver.

l am coming from beautiful part of the Earth. l used to live in "west" and you wouldn"t believe, l returned back.

I must confess that I didn’t look at OP’s earrings very closely. I just like the style of them and assumed they were legit. Regardless, the old adage of, “if you don’t have anything nice to say, say nothing at all” comes into play here. Especially since there seems to be a communication barrier with OP due to ESL.
that "s right, it should be in vintage and antique jewelry:lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results