shape
carat
color
clarity

Nervous about engagement ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

huangt0n

Rough_Rock
My fiancee and I ordered my engagement ring a month ago and it should arrive shortly. I am a bit nervous about the turnout because I was not as knowledgeable about rings at that time because I did not come across this website! I never asked about the cut of the diamond, but merely looked at it and asked for the opinion of the jeweler. The ring will also be custom made because I just put some ideas together. I was never shown a CAD design or a wax molding of any kind, so much trust is placed upon the jeweler. The jeweler is reputable, but I am just very nervous and would like to see if anyone has a hand shot of the ring just so I have some idea what the outcome might be.

The ring will have a 0.8 round brilliant diamond. I believe it is VS1 cut with an I color or slightly higher. I do not know anything else about the cut at all... : ( The stone will be mounted on an eternity band that is 2 mm wide. I am a bit worried that the size of the center stone will be overpowered by the band especially since my finger size is 3.75. Also, I asked for pave diamonds to be placed on the 4 platinum prongs. It is similar to one of the Ritani rings but I have troubles posting the picture. Any pictures to help alleviate my fear or any moral support is much appreciated! Also, do you know what a good price for this type of ring would be just to understand if I got a good deal or not?

huangt0n

Rough_Rock
Ok I think I figured out how to do it... so here are some of the ideas that I tried to put together... but maybe it will not work as well together bc the picture that I am posting looks like the stone is much larger than 0.8

sharedprongmatching_jessica.jpg

huangt0n

Rough_Rock
this is the ring that has the diamond head that I like and I am hoping to implement the concept onto my future ring. this would not include the diamonds inbetween the prongs though...

diamondonprong.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh! ok, now I''m getting it - I think we were posting at the same time , lol.
Without knowing who your jeweller is and the quality of their work, its hard to pass judgement..However as i said before i think you have made a lovely choice. I don''t believe the 0.8 will be overwhelmed by the 2mm shank - that would be my preferred width actually.
Do you now how much longer it will be until its finished? How exciting!
5.gif

huangt0n

Rough_Rock
I have very dainty fingers and I was not sure if I should have went with a 1.5 mm, but the price difference between the 1.5 and the 2 mm was only a $200 difference that I just thought it was better value to go with the 2mm. I have just never seen the whole concept of the ring put together in front of me in person. I still have not seen how the diamond head looks like in person. What I have seen is how the 0.8 would look on the band but that was done by putting wax on top of the band to make the diamond stick, which does not give me the complete idea.

Supposedly the ring will be completed this upcoming Monday, but no clue when my fiancee decides to give me the ring! He proposed to me about a month ago, which was a complete surprise because I was still in the process of picking out my ring. I thought he would at least wait for the actual ring to come, but he decided to propose with a silver band because he "did not want to wait for my real ring before he could tell the whole world he loved me." So I am proudly wearing my silver band until he decides to propose again. yay 2 proposals, but I am eager for the ring too.... : )

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Oh, your Fiancee sounds so sweet!
Now this is getting bad as I''m replying to you in two different threads at the same time!
I would find it a little unnerving that they never showed you a completed drawing and mould for the ring before they went ahead with the design..Were you concerned about this at all?
Look, considering what you have just told us and that the ring is due so soon and your fiance obviously put in alot of effort getting you your ideal ring - well I have to take back my "back out" comment in the other thread I guess. I am still concerned for u about the uncerted stone, but I''m sure you two picked a lovely stone and ring, and you should just wait till it arrives and enjoy it.
I would suggest that when you get it, to Definately have an Independent appaisal performed on it - you can search under Resources here on PS to find a reputable one in your area. This will tell you the full specs on the stone and whether you got what you paid for. Unfortunately nobody on here will be able to evaluate that without more info.

Good luck!
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results