shape
carat
color
clarity

Negative experience with Cestsla Jewelry

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Cestsla Jewelry is based out of New York and she sells on Etsy and has a web site. I purchased a piece of jewelry from her and the quality of the item I received was poor. I am aware that she custom makes each piece of jewelry and I was not expecting perfection. I emailed her a picture of my concerns and she agreed that there was in fact a problem with the piece. She refused a refund (which was fine) and I accepted a replacement necklace, which has not yet arrived. The most astonishing part of my whole experience is how this woman has communicated with me. She is INCREDIBLY unprofessional. Surprisingly, her feedback is good, but buyer beware!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Replacement necklace arrived and is fine (no quality issues). Situation resolved, but still a negative experience overall.

Uniquestyle

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi,
My name is Meghan and I'm the owner and designer of c'estsla jewelry.
I finally have time to address this post as I will not only summarize and list the actual events, I will also provide evidence in my favor.

8/22/13
**edited by moderator to remove name** or rather "momhappy", emails me via ETSY inquiring about my .30 carat emerald cut diamond and 14k rose gold necklace. She explains that she would need it in a hurry and asked if I could do this on 18" chain. The listing was for a 16" chain and on a sale price however I offered her a free upgrade for the 18" chain. I so explained to her that since I had been running a sale on this listing I had to make this for her also seeing that I do not use 18" chains, this will be a custom piece. She agreed, I listed the item with her details and name. Oh prior to her purchasing she stated "gosh, this piece is so beautiful I want this for myself!" I offered her a better deal, than the already highly discounted sale price but apparently that wasn't in her budget. She purchased for $475 and retails for $825.

8/25/13
Days go by with the listing up.
She purchases listing and I immediately write back and assure her prompt delivery.

8/29/13
Buyer receives the necklace and she claims that while "your diamond and gold is gorgeous" she would like a refund due to "poor craftsmanship". She then attaches a photo in which at first glance I did not think that was my necklace I had sent and the reason being is because she magnified the photo to 10000000%. Anything that you enlarge to that degree, you are sure to find flaws.
To avoid controversy I apologized, it was seeming polished too much on one side and to send it back and I will gladly replace the bezel which BTW when I received the necklace back her magnified photo looked nothing like the actual piece.
She then sends a string of emails berating me with insults and threats saying she's going to leave negative feedback on pricescope- (thanks for the heads up so i can state what actually happened ;-).

I explained to her I have a no refund policy on a custom pieces, in which she knew was custom as we discussed it (I have proof in my correspondences stating her item would be custom). Also the refund policy is published in my shop... Clearly states the policy, there are no grey areas.

8/30/13
She files dispute with Paypal

8/31/13
Paypal favors me

She then starts her string of weird emails saying she's calling her bank, calling the BBB, shutting down my ETSY shop and the list goes on.
Keep in mind I've offered many times to fix it she just wants her money back.

She opens another case with Paypal.

9/2/13
Paypal favors me.... Again.

Bottom line, there's not a chance she would win, with Paypal, her bank, in the court of law. The piece is handmade and we are human. It happened to be .0001 mm polished too much however the naked eye would never pick it up. Also there shouldn't have been a problem as I offered from the beginning to just fix it.

I read in her forum that she wants this to just "go away" and that's because I actually said that to her. In my response to one of Her string of harassing emails, I actually did say, "just go away!" And offered to pay her to never order from me again. Very unprofessional of me, I'm aware. I do not speak to people like this more importantly my customers. "Momhaopy" happened to an extraordinary unique situation.

She then sends an email, "change of plans. I'd like the necklace custom size 14,5". I explained that while I will fix the bezel, she received a free upgrade on a SALE item and to re-size it requires me to have it laser'ed which costs money so I said its $20 in which She refused to pay and sent the piece back to have bezel fixed.

Long story short:
I replaced the bezel, gave her a bigger, nicer diamond and custom sized the necklace for her - in which I took money out of my wallet to pay for her changes... Meanwhile I basically sold the piece at cost because I'm generous.

I've emailed her to confirm she received it and have heard nothing. Not even a thank you for custom sizing the chain at my expense.

In the interim if sending back her necklace I receive a fictitious email from "jack", a made up Hotmail account saying, "I read your review on pricescope... Have fun going back to your cashier job...

Now we all know who "Jack" is. ;-) ;-) .. Hi Jack!!

Given I have many years in the professional industry at many large firms in NYC, in addition having a psychology degree, her fictitious email is not only mind numbing, but also SO ignorant... Just to list a few.

Regarding my feedback... She wonders why it's all positive? Because**edited by moderator to remove name*, I sell quality diamonds, quality gold, unbeatable prices, and unique designs that I create myself. I don't replicate or copy other styles. So if you wonder why it's all positive it's because I offer a service that people like. Sorry yours did not work out.

So SELLERS beware of this lady.

I hope this clears any confusion. Please feel free to contact me for any further questions at [email protected].

I will be uploading additional information soon!

luvsdmb

Brilliant_Rock
Seems a little odd to have such a personal detailed account of this, if something was wrong it should have been fixed, which from what she said you did. End of story.

Uniquestyle

Rough_Rock
Trade
Seems a little odd for someone to post they had a negative experience with my company when they are the one who made it negative. I'm the victim here. This is my business, my livelihood, and I'm protecting it.

If you want to write about something and send it out to the internet, shouldn't it be factual? I didn't state my opinion on what happened. I listed the facts.

End of story.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I think it's perfectly fine and within your rights to post both sides of the story, but you have violated Pricescope rules/policy. Also, I did not send the seller a fake email under the name Jack. If someone sent her an email, it was another member and although the support is flattering, I am not responsible for the actions of others.

MissSunshine

Rough_Rock
Re: Negative experience with Cestsla Jewelry - ME TO!

I too have had a couple of very negative dealings with Meghan Biernacki and Cestsla Jewelry. The quality of her items is very poor - and she is very accusatory to those that have a problem with her "fine" items. She refused to refund me for the item I purchased, even though the items were not suitable for the purpose of which they were purchased, after the purchase was made by me in good faith. She is rude, unprofessional, and seems unwilling to work to resolve any issues, or simply do the right thing, but rather accuse and attack those personally who have invested in many of her pieces. Never again will I have dealings - personally or professionally. Will never refer, support of purchase again - and will be sure to tell many people about the poor experiences I have had.

Uniquestyle

Rough_Rock
Trade
On the contrary "Miss sunshine" :)The issue with ur "bracelet" was that for starters, right from the beginning I offered to give u a FREE upgrade and repair on the chain on the bracelet that mysteriously fell off ur wrist. I said it's delicate gold, so to wear with caution, but nonetheless, offered all repairs, upgrades and shipping free of charge. Not once did u ask for a refund. Instead, u berate my jewelry b.c it fell off ur wrist, then tell me ur bringing it "ur" jeweler, who isn't experienced in soldering thin chains, so I presume he melted it to "no repair", then charged u $165 for the repair- More than u paid for the bracelet. At that point u then turn to ur computer, (4 months later) and start in with harassing emails, and slandering me.

Just because u r the consumer, it does not issue u the right to make false accusations and feel entitled to be able to get away with harassment.

FYI, people seem to think that u can't make everyone happy, however I know u, miss sunny, as I've accomplished that with all my sales.

Best of luck to you,
Meghan

[/i]

MissSunshine

Rough_Rock
Meghan - actually my issues were with a necklace and some earrings - I know nothing of a bracelet. Seems to me you have a few more disgruntled customers and buyers than you realize.
Surprise surprise.

MissSunshine

Rough_Rock
PS: I think we can all see your true colors from your responses. Good job Girl!

Uniquestyle

Rough_Rock
Trade
Darling, again.. I know every single one of my clients and have emails stating how my pieces exceeding their expectations. Not once did I ever have an issue with anyone with earrings or a necklace, nor have I sold a pair of earrings and a necklace to same client, that I don't speak to on a daily basis!! Again, false accusations is all u have b/c ur upset that u had to pay it jeweler $165.
This is not a debate. It's factual information.

True colors are selling amazing pieces of jewelry, and reviews and endless happy customers to prove it. I don't sell something I wouldn't wear, and I'm very finicky ;-).

Best to you!!
Meghan

MissSunshine

Rough_Rock
Try telling the truth Meghan. Your reality certainly does not match the reality for those you have taken advantage of.
Lets leave it at that - you and your cheap products are not worthy of my time. Buyer beware. Time will determine the outcome.

Uniquestyle

Rough_Rock
Trade
Again, there has never once been an issue with anyone whom I've sold a necklace or earrings . Period! U can't just make things up to cover what ur really writing this post about!! And why aren't u writing about ur bracelet? Because it's ridiculous! I offered to re-solder it back with a better chain!! U got frustrated and told me, " it shouldn't have happened" and in ur review, list how "time will tell".

Perhaps if u go through the trouble trying to slander my business, maybe state the real issue which is a quality diamond and solid 14k gold chain, (delicate by nature), fell of ur wrist, I offered to repair, and u wouldn't allow it, so tried to have another jeweler "fix" a custom piece of jewelry, ruined it, and then became increasing angry with me! Then made up a different story that it was a necklace and earrings. Zero validity because there's 2 people who have purchased both earrings and a necklace- together. I speak to them every day.

And if that's the case why don't u post photos for the readers to see the poor quality?

Let's be honest here. Write something that the readers will actually benefit from because this is silly ms sunny.

MissSunshine

Rough_Rock
So 3000 people have viewed and read this so far on this one site alone. Enough said.... Good news about someone never gets past the door, but bad news will travel a thousand leagues away.

Uniquestyle

Rough_Rock
Trade
Miss sunshine,
I have nothing to hide other than protecting it from false accusations. This post is nothing short of factual information that ur bracelet fell off ur wrist and I offered to repair all costs free of charge. How long r u going to continue on this? U didn't want my help, so u turned to paypal and they just called me that they rejected u claim, u've emailed my ETSY account and now u still continue to berate me?
The 3000 viewers is partly due to my communication with many people about the story that u've created in attempt to sabotage my business.
It's very clear that I sell quality pieces and furthermore if a piece that I've sold was "faulty" in any way, I 110% manage the situation, always free of charge. If u feel it's necessary to spend ur time on this than up to u... And the best.

Meghan

MissSunshine

Rough_Rock
Not a bracelet my dear - as I stated previously - poor quality earrings and a necklace. Looks like you must have other issues as well... again surprise surprise. Good news is I leave NYC tomorrow - and will be working as a.. yep jewelry buyer in London.... Karma! Guess who I will be spreading the word about in Europe! Ciao Darls!!!!

Uniquestyle

Rough_Rock
Trade
Oh congrats! London is very small, than u will meet my very good friends! :)

exotic90

Rough_Rock
Wow. I've just finished reading everyone's responses and all I can say is wow.
First I'd like to start out by saying that the internet is a an interesting tool, anyone can post anything they want, which is very dangerous for business owners - especially if you're a correct business owner, doing right by your customers.
I HAVE actually experienced an incident with Cestsla and I'm here to say that she went above and beyond the call of duty, and I will not only buy from her again, but also take the time to call BS out when I read it.
Miss sunshine, what exactly was the issue with your jewelry? You spend a lot of time responding with insults, but offer no information of your experience. How credible are you? I see that you just joined, clearly you joined to only post negative information about her- something an angry customer that didn't get her way would do. Then I notice at the end of your replies, you throw in, "well it looks like I'll be traveling from NYC to London." I'm in the accessory business, and actually DO deal with many international buyers, and your comment does not sound like something a reputable buyer would say. I'm just being honest here. It's people like who, who don't own your own business, probably don't have much of a life, so you get off on trying to hurt someone else's reputation.

I'm also a business owner and I know the obstacles of owning your own business - customers are always right, which is exactly how Megan made me feel and handled the situation with ease.

I had purchased a custom diamond ring, no quality issues, but I wasn't excited with the design. This was a piece that I tried to have her replicate, so I don't hold her responsible for not loving the item when it came. Based on the craftsmanship of the custom piece she sent to me, I'm certain that that her items are crafted the same way, being quality items. You can't help to notice that Megan pays close attention to detail.
Ultimately I wasn't happy with the way the ring sat on my finger, but I was very happy with the quality, especially the diamonds. I was concerned b/c while the item was not over priced, it was still a lot for my budget and I was so excited to order the ring, I didn't discuss her return/exchange policy prior to ordering. After I had emailed her back my concern, she immediately replied with several options but also let me know that she WANTS me to be happy with my purchase. We settled on changing up the ring and I couldn't be happier.
Having owned my business for about 3 years now, I would never imagine asking her for a full refund, although I am sure that it does happen.
Misssunshine, what exactly was the issue with your jewelry? Was it custom made? You never posted photos, or described exactly what the issue was? I I can only write about my experience, but I don't know why she would treat me any differently than any other customer. If anyone else had experiences with cestsla jewelry, I'm sure they will be finding the post to write in as well. Megan is an exceptionally talented designer with a very specific and unique style and her jewelry screams quality.
Before you post or give your advice, why don't you actually know what you're talking about. Someone is making living here and I'm sure has worked very hard to be in this position. I very well know that her business will be going places. Her customer service exceeded my expectations and her quality couldn't be better. Like I said, I'm sure there are many more happy customers.

JohannaNYC

Rough_Rock
Hello,
I'm sorry if you did not have a good experience with Cestsla. I've been ordering unique and beautiful pieces from this wonderful designer and always had a great experience with this business.
Her pieces are simply unique and very well made.
Cestsla Jewelry pieces are so far the best.

ladyofword

Rough_Rock
to this day ms Meghan is fraudulent... she doesn't make the jewelry.. its bought from China... substandard.. she tired to pawn off a sterling silver ring instead of a 14k white gold ring with 2 diamonds. I got one black stone and one white...I got quite suspicious so had a reputable jeweler take a look at it.... its sterling... and was to be 14k white.. shes rude.. shes a liar... shes a thief.. ive begun trashing her and her store all over and will continue to do so.. this is the truth. and I can prove it.... so yep... Meghan if you read this.... I AM YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE..

ladyofword

Rough_Rock
SHE ISNT making any of her jewelry.... SHE IS A FRAUD!!!!! rings are from China... and are very very poorly made..ive nailed her and she knows it... see im in ny.. and I don't have a problem taking this witch to court.. I gave her plenty of time to fix it.. she chose to be an idiot... awful character... I wont send the ring back.. its proof shes a fraud liar... and ill be happy to post the outcome of court with pics! she needs to be stopped.. shes been doing this for years... gotta wonder too.. if she has a green card... ill be looking that up..... just for the hell of it

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Thanks for the warnings folks. We need to know this kind of info.

Uniquestyle

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi,
This is Meghan from C'estsla here to address the above posts.
It's unfortunate that anyone would make a claim as inaccurate and untruthful as the ones above, especially given the fact that there really is no reason for it other than her assumptions.

For all clarification purposes, this customer purchased a 14k gold 2 diamond cuff ring for $119. I sell this ring in two different styles:
- One with 2 white diamonds
- One with 1 black diamond and 1 white diamond
Both pretty much the same price - $119.

I mistakenly sent her the black and white diamond ring instead of both white diamond ring and did not realize it until I received an extremely offensive and threatening email, all in caps, "FIX IT" or suffer the consequences, and then accusing me of sending her a sterling silver ring.
LADY, WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU SO ANGRY?

I immediately realized my mistake in sending the wrong style, yet assured her that it was 1000% 14k SOLID gold. I then emailed her a return label to send back the ring which upon receiving I would immediately ship out the 2 diamond ring.

She replied with an extremely aggressive refusal to send the ring back until I shipped her the correct one while blasting all social media outlets. It is my policy, and I'm sure every other business owner, to not send out a replacement until the item being exchanged is received.

Regarding the stamp - Since I cast all of my settings and bands for certain rings, specifically the one she purchased, the ring is not stamped. It's a cast. That does not mean that it's not 14k gold but her, I guess it does. For anyone who knows something about handmade jewelry, this is very common to sell without the stamp.
She claims she had a reputable jeweler check it out but there is no way anyone who knows something about jewelry would ever claim it to be other than SOLID 14k gold. Aside from the fact that I'm extremely ethical and truthful about EVERYTHING that I sell, there's not a marginal difference in pricing for me to ever risk my business or my ethics, and sell silver as 14k gold. I've sold over 3,000 pieces of jewelry to all very happy customers who continuously keep returning to buy more and I'm quite certain that this customer's posts will only be read to be laughed at.

I stand by my jewelry, EVERY SINGLE TIME, and there's not even a chance she would ever win in proving me otherwise, additionally it is against the law to make such false claims, which is currently being handled by my attorney.

Thanks for reviewing and ask me any questions as I have no issues in keeping you informed.

Meghan

Uniquestyle

Rough_Rock
Trade
Although I'd love to have people, (from China as the lady stated), helping me make my jewelry, I in fact do make everything from scratch which includes her ring and here is the mold. Anything else you would like to confirm I'm happy to answer :)

_38743.jpg

ladyofword

Rough_Rock
THIS IS NOT WHAT I ORDERED.... 14K GOLD.... ISNT STAMPED AND IS QUITE MANGLED..... REFUND.. AND IM NOT KIDDING ... IM IN NY HONEY.. AND I WILL SUE YOUR ASS... FIX IT NOW!

Sender: Meghan Biernacki

Date: 7:18pm EST4 days ago 7:18pm EST

Message: Omg what is your order number? I hand make all of my pieces out of castings, if you ORDERED 14K GOLD THEN IT IS 14K GOLD!!!!!
Go check it out and then get back to me with a suit.

Sender: Phrizzle Phrazzled

Date: 7:33pm EST4 days ago 7:33pm EST

Message: I ALREADY DID.... WASNT BORN YESTERDAY... AND HES HAPPY TO GO TO COURT WITH ME. SO FIX IT.....

Date: 7:58pm EST4 days ago 7:58pm EST

Message: Listen, I've already told you it's 14k gold. I have receipts, the mold and about 20 people in the diamond district who work with me and help me make my jewelry.
I'm not worried. Please stop threatening me as I've done nothing wrong other than ship you the wrong style.
If you want to send it back, great. If you want to try to prove I sent anything less than 14k solid gold, bring it darling.

Date: 10:15pm EST4 days ago 10:15pm EST

Message: I'm emailing you a return label in just a bit. Once I get the package back, (in the same condition it was shipped), you will receive a full refund.
I'm sending soon, please confirm once you've shipped it back.
Thank you!

Date: 12:42am EST4 days ago 12:42am EST

Message: Attached is the FedEx shipping label. You can ship in the exact packaging that you received. Sorry it didn't work out and for sending the wrong style 14k gold ring.
I'll keep you posted as soon as I get the package and will refund you immediately.

Happy holidays!

User-uploaded image

Date: 8:15am EST4 days ago 8:15am EST

Message: Excuse me, I conduct business in the most ethical manner and nothing about my jewelry is fake or misrepresented. This is my livelihood and if you continue to slander it on social media, you will have a real problem. It's defamation of character which I take very seriously and this is not a threat.
Also, My jewelers just pointed out to me, which I didn't realize, that you probably "think" it's sterling silver because 14k white gold actually has a yellow hue so "fine" jewelry stores dip the gold in rhodium which makes it white, i.e.: Tiffany's, Cartier, they all do the same. Their gold also looks "white". So probably something new to you but there's your answer of why my jewelry looks like "sterling silver Chinese jewelry".
Understand that you're making some very serious invalid claims and myself and my team of jewelers take very seriously so my darling, watch what you're saying.

Date: 8:57am EST4 days ago 8:57am EST

Message: Also seeing your false accusations and racial slurs, (I'm Asian by the way), are all well documented, you may have a serious problem ahead of you if you continue on with your capitalized extremely office rants, both on social media and Etsy.

Date: 8:58am EST4 days ago 8:58am EST

Sender: Phrizzle Phrazzled

Date: 9:00am EST4 days ago 9:00am EST

Message: LISTEN HERE.. LIAR... I TOOK THIS TO A REPUTABLE JEWLER..... LIKE I SAID.. FIX IT.. OR PAY.... ILL CONTINUE TO TRASH YOU ALL OVER... IM NOT KIDDING .. IM NOT PLAYING YOUR GAMES... AND CERTAINLY I WILL TRASH YOUR BUSINESS AND CHARACTER.. THIS RING IS STERLING... ONE SO CALLED DIAMOND IS BLACK 0ONE WHITE.. NOT WHAT I ORDERED.. SO. SEND THE RIGHT ONE.. THEN.. YOULL GET THIS ONE BACK.... OR ILL SEE YOU IN COURT.... ITS THAT SIMPLE... YOU ARE A FRIGGEN LIAR... THIEF... AND IF YOU SEND ME MORE BS INSTEAD OF THE RING.... I PAID FOR... YOU WILL HAVE A BIG PROBLEM HONEY.. THAT THATSS NOT A THREAT.. ITS A ****IJJGN PROMISE... SO SEND THE RIGHT RING... OR I GO TO.. YELP.BBB... AN DSO ON AND SO ON....

Date: 9:01am EST4 days ago 9:01am EST

Date: 9:10am EST4 days ago 9:10am EST

Message: You can post whatever you want. All of my educated and sophisticated customers know what fine 14k WHITE gold looks like. Not one person in over 3,000 sales has ever questioned and thought it to be silver.
SO bring your jeweler, he/she would never want to face charges like this of falsely accusing someone I'm sure. Not very good for his business but BRING IT!!
Let me know who I should address the letter to from my attorney because you have several.
IM HAPPY TO POST ALL THE REST OF THIS BITCH.... JUST ASK...

Uniquestyle

Rough_Rock
Trade
1) we all know who/what we're dealing with here :loopy:
2) I guess you haven't received your served letter. Check your mail
3) it's very simple, bring the ring to court and a certified person will be attending to check the metal
4) genius, false accusations are AGAINST THE LAW.. so bring it darling!

sickofyourlies

Rough_Rock
as you can clearly see.... she claims the mold she is showing the picture of to be the mold for creating my ring.. so called lawyer also sent a copy of this... funny thing is...

Dec 20, 2016 Purchase from Purchase from cestslacestsla Completed
-$164.06 USD $0.00 -$164.06 $0.00 USD

I DIDNT PURCHASE THE RING UNTIL THE 20TH!!!!! PROOF ALL SHOWN... BEWARE PEOPLE.. BE VERY AWARE...

Uniquestyle

Rough_Rock
Trade
It's called stock. The invoice is to show you that's the order for 14k gold. I also have invoices for diamonds from months ago that I sold in December. But good point :clap:

JohannaNYC

Rough_Rock
@ladyofword- I am a VERY HAPPY CESTLA CUSTOMER as well as about 50 other of my friends who all wear her jewelry so please
stop emailing all of us on Etsy with your weird requests to join your crazy train to publicly sabotage her business. I've personally witnessed Megan making jewelry in the NYC diamond district. She undeniable has a very unique talent and it's a shame that her reputation could potentially be compromised because of a bored and quite honestly, a very nasty lady that seemingling has nothing better to do, (yes I said what all the readers are thinking). Lady, get a life and move on or discuss something productive on these threads.
We all know her jewelry is authentic and she would never sell gold as silver, or whatever it is that you are claiming, but the wildest part is that it's over a $164 ring! Megan, you are clearly above this lady, shake it off girl and get back to making awesome jewelry so we can buy more!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Folks, please follow our policies or posts will be removed as they have been already in this thread.

We don't allow shills, please don't have friends come and post as friends or customers.

We don't allow jewelers to critique or push for another vendor.

We also don't allow abuse. Please post the facts of the transaction, without namecalling, or those posts will be removed and you will be banned.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results