shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your opinion on a stone

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PDietz

Rough_Rock
What do you guys think of this diamond?

http://img.bluenile.com/is/image/certs/?src={/444/GIA1102645012_zoom.jpeg}&fmt=pdf

It scores well on the HCA with a 1.2, but the comments say the clouds and internal grains are not shown. What does that mean? How can the certification ignore some of the inclusions? It still scores an SI1 in clarity, so does that mean the inclusions are not too bad? By the way, I haven''t seen this stone in person but have been told it is "eye-clean."

Thanks in advance, I appreciate any insight you can provide.

Philip

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Huh? That is not what the link report is saying. Wrong report?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
comments under "comments" are for completeness, they won't ever be an issue in real-time - you won't see anything without a loupe/microscope.

From the report:
proportions look good, H will be plenty white. SI means slightly included: it might be eyeclean, it might not be. The bigger the stone, the more likely you are to see SI inclusions. BN won't tell you or send pics, but they have a good return policy - plenty of time for an appraisal.

BN doesn't actually have these stones in-house, they're all part of a huge virtual inventory. Sometimes PS vendors can get you the SAME EXACT stone through this virtual inventory, and you can take advantage of light reflector technologies and a personal assessment of the stone by a trusted associate; I'd call a few to find out. I personally worked with WF. You need to decide what eyeclean means to you - 12in? 4in? nothing from all sides? - and you can trust that they will tell you if your stone doesn't meet your standards.

Good luck!

ETA: missed that, it must be a different stone! I'm talking about the stone from the report, then..

PDietz

Rough_Rock
My mistake... here is the correct report....

http://img.bluenile.com/is/image/certs/?src={/2080/GIA5111073214_zoom.jpeg}&fmt=pdf

Thanks for the quick responses

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Numbers look good. I still vote check with some PS vendors (GOG, WF, JA for a start) about acquiring this stone through them - they can comment on the feathers and whether they''re visible/surface reaching potential problems.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
yap, BN has been known to say a stone is eye-clean but comes up not to be so. So it is a little iffy. I am a bit more worried about the large feather at the 10 o''clock position on the crown which is visible on the 2 o''clock position too on the pavilion. Maybe safer to buy it loose and let an independent appraiser look at it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results