shape
carat
color
clarity

NEED YOUR OPINION ON 2 MARQUISE PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

marquiselover

Rough_Rock

HI EVERYONE,

I''M BACK!!!!!!!!!!! I POSTED A FEW WEEKS BACK ASKING FOR OPINIONS ON 3 LOOSE MARQUISES. I''M STILL SEARCHING FOR THAT PERFECT STONE!!!!!!!! ( PERFECT TO ME) :)

CAN EVERYONE GIVE ME THEIR OPINION ON THESE 2 STONES.??I HAVE SEEN BOTH STONES IN PERSON AND THEY ARE BOTH BEAUTIFUL TO ME. I COULD NOT DETECT ANY COLOR IN THE I STONE. THE JEWELER IS FAXING THE GIA REPORTS TO ME, SO I HOPE TO HAVE SOON.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SEE PICS AND SPECS BELOW

THANKS!

36.gif

$6,625.00
Report Information
Shape: Marquise
Weight: 1.01ct
Color: E
Clarity: VS2
Laboratory: GIA
Report Number: 15259620
Table: 54%
Depth: 74.4%
Measurements: 9.87 x 4.73 x 3.52 mm
Girdle: SLIGHTLY THICK TO VERY THICK, FACETED
Culet: NONE
Polish: GOOD
Symmetry: GOOD
Fluorescence: FAINT

$3,775.00
Report Information
Shape: Marquise
Weight: 1.05ct
Color: I
Clarity: SI2
Laboratory: GIA
Report Number: 14135128
Table: 55%
Depth: 65.2%
Measurements: 10.11 x 5.23 x 3.41 mm
Girdle: MEDIUM,FACETED
Culet: NONE
Polish: VERY GOOD
Symmetry: GOOD
Fluorescence: MEDIUM BLUE

MQ STONES.jpg

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
#1 is very very deep. Between the depth and the girdle, the diamond will face up smaller than a 1 carat marquise should. I would pass on that one.

#2 has super numbers and I think the blue floro will help to hide some of the body color of the I. The girdle is perfect. Is it eye clean? If it is and you really liked it, that is the one I would go with. You will save a lot of money as well and it will look bigger than #1. Any visible bow tie on #2?

marquiselover

Rough_Rock
HI JAZMINE,

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP :) I COULD NOT SEE ANY VISIBLE INCLUSIONS OR A BOW TIE IN #2.

I''M LEANING TOWARDS STONE #2. IT LOOKED LARGE IN THE JEWELRY STORE, I HOPE THAT ONCE IT IS SET IN MY WEDDING RING IT WILL STILL HAVE THAT SAME EFFECT!!!!!!!!!

MY RING SIZE IS 7.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Diamonds do tend to look smaller when they are loose, so you may be pleasantly surprised.

avlis

Shiny_Rock
i dont really know about marquis, but i do know enough to know a big fat alarm bell went off when i saw the E VS1 was less expensive than the I SI2. either the si2 is really over priced, or the vs1 has something wrong. perhaps you should ask if the vs1 has been enhanced in any way.

marquiselover

Rough_Rock
HI AVLIS,

THE E/VS1 IS $6625

THE I/SI2 IS $3775

avlis

Shiny_Rock
hehe, egg on my face.. i dont know why, but i seriously thought i saw the I SI1 was $6,775. my eyes played some tricks on me.

ok in that case i know nothing about marquis and i cant help you at all.. buti''ll give you abunch of moral support.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results