color
clarity

need your help engagement ring

joproqc

Rough_Rock

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
well, would you rather have a 1ct dud that doesn't sparkle and is visibly included... or a smaller diamond that sparkles like CRAZY? diamond #1 is and I1 and clarity enhanced and diamond #2 is and I2 and just all sorts of awful :eh: I love a large diamond but i would much rather have a smaller diamond with some real sparkle going on and lacking in visible inclusions.

That said, what's your budget? lots of experienced people here that could help you choose a nice stone and stay within your budget. OR a pre-loved ring within budget.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
enhanced stone???...it will be UGLY!...don't waste your $$$.. :knockout:

joproqc

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your comments, my budget is 1100 to 1450$ US. Maybe 1 carat will not fit but 3/4carats is it possible?

In my town the jeweler is like 5000$ for a 3/4cts with clarity I1 and color H ....

Thanks for your advise

pr0pel

Rough_Rock
joproqc|1464375932|4037044 said:
Thanks for your comments, my budget is 1100 to 1450$ US. Maybe 1 carat will not fit but 3/4carats is it possible?

In my town the jeweler is like 5000$ for a 3/4cts with clarity I1 and color H ....

Thanks for your advise

You're probably looking closer to $1500 just for a decent ~.75 diamond without the setting. If you add the setting in, assuming it's a $500 setting, you're left with $1K and for that, you're looking at a lower end diamond J/K/SI1.

Play with the diamond search tool at the top to get a feel of what you can price out. I'm sure the others here can find something for $1500 all in. If your all in is $1100, you should look in to man made diamonds if you want a higher ct.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is that including the stone or stone only? James Allen and Blue Nile both have some inexpensive solitaires. I like the JA better than the BN just because i think the prongs look better which is important with a smaller stone. Do you know if she prefers white or yellow gold?

James Allen has a $180 14k white gold setting which would leave you $1270 for the stone. I think you're looking more into the .5ct range if you go with a J colored stone.

Here is the setting, you can see some of the finished rings and can see what that size/color stone will look like in this setting.
https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...nife-edge-solitaire-engagement-ring-item-7115

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results