shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Value Input ASAP! 3.04 ct emerald cut diamond

stallionfromnd

Rough_Rock
i'm looking an estate, signed diamond engagement ring. here are the stats from the GIA report the store sent me:

Shape: Emerald Cut
Measurements: 8.98 x 7.73 x 5.00 mm

Carat Weight: 3.04 carat
Color Grade: G
Clarity Grade: VS1

Finish
Polish: Very Good
Symmetry: Verg Good
Fluoresence: None

The only other things on the report is a an image where there is a 65% (table?) and then a depth(?) of 64.7%. the girdle says "medium - thick" and then at the point it says "very small"

this stone is set in platinum and is a signed Harry Winston

let me know thoughts on whether these are good stats for an emerald shape engagement ring, any thoughts on value etc!

Thanks!

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Stats are fine although incomplete.

The Harry Winston branding is a big deal and counterfeits abound. Do you have any avenue at all to getting it appraised by someone who can tell the difference and who can both match it to the GIA report and give you an idea of the condition? At the same time, they should be able to give you a value as it relates to whatever marketplace it is that you're asking about. What it costs is easy and presumably the seller has already told you this. What you could get a similar one for from a different vendor is a MUCH more complicated question. Quite a bit of it goes back to that HW branding issue. Harry doesn't sell stuff cheap. :bigsmile:

stallionfromnd

Rough_Rock
i have the GIA report from the seller and have confirmed it on the GIA website -- so it is a valid report. There are no other measurements on the report -- so I wasn't sure if your reference of "incomplete" was regarding specs/measurements of the stone, or something else.

I can email you the GIA if helpful.

I would get it the Winston confirmed before purchasing, but the retailer that is selling it is reputable, high-end with a long operating history.

Asking price is $57,000....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Call Harry Winston and ask them. That's what I would do.

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I think $57k is a high asking price. What is the setting like? Just doing a PS search diamonds in that size range are in the high 40's and low to mid 50's for GIA emeralds. Obviously you are paying a bit of a premium for a HW piece but it should still be below what you could buy a non-HW piece for today since it's secondhand, kwim? If the HW doesn't matter to you I would likely pass.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
stallionfromnd|1307741128|2942847 said:
i have the GIA report from the seller and have confirmed it on the GIA website -- so it is a valid report. There are no other measurements on the report -- so I wasn't sure if your reference of "incomplete" was regarding specs/measurements of the stone, or something else.

I can email you the GIA if helpful.

I would get it the Winston confirmed before purchasing, but the retailer that is selling it is reputable, high-end with a long operating history.

Asking price is $57,000....

You need to also confirm that the diamond matches the report and it not in fact a different diamond entirely. HW should be able to verify.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results