shape
carat
color
clarity

Need to source small (3.5 mm) cushion... garnet?

SillyMonkee

Rough_Rock
Any recommendation as to vendor who would have or be willing to cut a 3.5 mm cushion? Ideally, I'd like a red garnet but may have bit off more than I planned in attempting to rehab a ring. I LOVE the setting and knew the original stone had been... very well loved already, but I'm having trouble finding cushions small enough to fit. I'm hoping for a classic garnet red, that doesn't get too dark with the bezel setting, but am open to suggestions (oh well, I guess I'll just have to buy a different garnet ring ;-) ...) The original stone was sold as a peridot, but color-wise looks more like a tourmaline to me. I'm an August baby so... I already have a lot of peridot. But maybe a small emerald (or a tsavorite garnet)? Would look nice with the 18 kt gold, and this is not going to be an everyday ring for me
Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 10.28.27 PM.png
I started with the recommended vendor list but quickly realized blindly clicking on every link may not be the most efficient solution, so I'm hoping those of you more experienced with colored stone purchases (I'm an antique-jewelry-that-brings-colored-stones-along-for-the-ride kind of gal) could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance for any suggestions you can provide!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I know Dana Reynolds of Mastercut Gems has a lot of garnet and garnet parcels. You can email him directly from his site. He's very nice, and I bet if you tell him what you are looking for, he'll hook you up...
3.5 mm is not hard to find in round, but cushion may take some time!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results