shape
carat
color
clarity

Need to order blinds - help with the cord decision

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t been on PS lately - we are moving from Colorado back home to Texas and I''ve been busy!!

I''ve got to order the blinds for the windows and need some input! This is a new construction home, so there are no window coverings yet. I have decided on the blinds, 2 1/2" shutter style. What I need your advice on is what you would do with the tilt and raise cords. There are lots of rooms that have 2 or 3 windows next to each other. In my old home, I did this:

Left window, both cords on left
Middle window, tilt left, pull right
Right window, both cords on right

I only had multiple windows in one location in that house. However, I need to be a little more picky now that there are multiple rooms. The company I''m ordering from says there is no golden rule, that women make the rules. He just suggested that I take into account any furniture that might be in the way of a window, and prevent me from accessing the controls. He said typically, it is tilt left, pull right.

So...would you just do all tilt left, pull right? Help me figure this out! I need to get them ordered. I''m already going to have to put up paper blinds from Home Depot because they won''t get in before we close and move in.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never thought of this before. All of our blinds are tilt on left, cord on right. I wouldn''t try to go fancier than that simply because I would bet on the order getting screwed up somehow. But YMMV.

soocool

Ideal_Rock
I put cordless pleated shades throughout my house.

Lesley Harris

Rough_Rock
Trade
Hi cinnamon013,

So nice to hear that you are moving back to Texas. My DIL's parents just put cordless pleated blinds up throughout the living area (big ceiling to floor windows)and they look fabulous. You can move them up or down from the top or bottom manually. I believe that they purchased them from blinds.com and got a great deal on them.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Lesley -

It''s great to hear about the cordless pleated blinds. We have the regular corded ones everywhere, but were thinking of putting them in our new addition. I still can''t figure out how they work, but I''m glad to hear from someone who''s seen them "live."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results