shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some help

muesli

Shiny_Rock
Hi!

I have a little "issue" with my engagement ring, so I just want to vent and share my thoughts on the matter.

Is the band too tiny/thin? I love the design of the ring but somehow I can't stop thinking about how fragile it might be? Most days I don't wear it because I'm a bit anxious that it won't hold up so to speak...which makes me so sad:(...I love to wear my jewelry, especially when it comes to pieces with a lot of emotions tied to it, I'm sure you understand.

My fiance did not propose with this ring, we picked it out together after, and I did not think about the band width, I just found it pretty.
Some of the other rings I tried were much sturdier now when I look back..I want my ring to last many years and I guess that my feelings stems from the fear that it won't..

When I measure the band it is almost 2 mm, but it's rounded so I find it hard to tell. It's made in 18 ct white gold and hand forged (no cast).

2yy8k81.jpg

331puhg.jpg

I have longer fingers(I've been told) so I do find that the band kind of disappears aswell..

Well I have the kindest fiance in the world, and that is what is most important, but I needed to get this out of my system.

Thank you for reading!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you will be fine & should enjoy your beautiful ring without too much worry. Make sure you have good insurance, and wear that baby!

Even the most sturdy of rings can have accidents & i’m sure most of us here, myself included, have had a bit of upset & heartbreak over damage to a ring. My original engagement ring was written off. As long as you are covered, enjoy it.

And you have lovely long fingers, so with time you can stack either side of this one. I find that stacking bands add strength & durability to more vulnerable ones in the middle, like a suit of armour for protection.

fiona00004

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It doesn't look too thin at all! I have seen thinner. It should hold up...just get the stones check one in awhile to make sure they aren't loose but the shank on your ring does not appear too thin. Congrats!

muesli

Shiny_Rock
I think you will be fine & should enjoy your beautiful ring without too much worry. Make sure you have good insurance, and wear that baby!

Even the most sturdy of rings can have accidents & i’m sure most of us here, myself included, have had a bit of upset & heartbreak over damage to a ring. My original engagement ring was written off. As long as you are covered, enjoy it.

And you have lovely long fingers, so with time you can stack either side of this one. I find that stacking bands add strength & durability to more vulnerable ones in the middle, like a suit of armour for protection.

Thank you, that's very kind..I would prefer the band to be a bit thicker though..I'm so annoyed at myself:(.

muesli

Shiny_Rock
It doesn't look too thin at all! I have seen thinner. It should hold up...just get the stones check one in awhile to make sure they aren't loose but the shank on your ring does not appear too thin. Congrats!

Thank you! I will get it checked as you suggest:).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results