shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some help on the setting

simbelmyne

Rough_Rock
Too fancy for me, but others may love it. I personally think a flower shape is great for necklaces/earrings, but not engagement rings.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
I love it.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE fcds (at one point I had 12) and would absolutely adore this ring with a 1.5ct faint pink! Just make sure it is set in rose gold (at least the center stone) because a faint can get washed out by all those colorless stones and white metal. I was very disappointed when I bought a platinum setting for my fancy light pink at how it washed the color out. I ended up having it bezeled in rose gold.

Is this for an engagement ring, or not? How old is she? Some may feel it is a bit youthful, and a more classic halo may stand the test of time and be worn more. I don't know her so hard to say. The example shows it with a 1/3 ct center, so much smaller overall dimensions than yours would be. What shape is your stone?

jiajiexue

Rough_Rock
I LOVE fcds (at one point I had 12) and would absolutely adore this ring with a 1.5ct faint pink! Just make sure it is set in rose gold (at least the center stone) because a faint can get washed out by all those colorless stones and white metal. I was very disappointed when I bought a platinum setting for my fancy light pink at how it washed the color out. I ended up having it bezeled in rose gold.

Is this for an engagement ring, or not? How old is she? Some may feel it is a bit youthful, and a more classic halo may stand the test of time and be worn more. I don't know her so hard to say. The example shows it with a 1/3 ct center, so much smaller overall dimensions than yours would be. What shape is your stone?

Hi, the ring is for a mid age person and it’s not a engagement ring. Yes, I had similar advise about being a bit too youthful. The center stone is round.

I'd wear it as a "fun" or occasional ring. But I would worry that depending on how well made it is and well proportioned the petals are with the center stone, it could very quickly veer into costume jewelry territory.

jiajiexue

Rough_Rock
I'd wear it as a "fun" or occasional ring. But I would worry that depending on how well made it is and well proportioned the petals are with the center stone, it could very quickly veer into costume jewelry territory.

Yea, I decide to choose another simpler style; thanks.

jiajiexue

Rough_Rock

Attachments

• 9D829D14-EB2F-498C-848A-4706818BBD31.jpeg
    9D829D14-EB2F-498C-848A-4706818BBD31.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 80199724-9548-47EF-A2B5-4BA9110972B4.jpeg
    80199724-9548-47EF-A2B5-4BA9110972B4.jpeg
    106.7 KB · Views: 17
I’m almost sad you went with a different design because I absolutely LOOOOOOVE it.

in any case, for whatever ring you go with (even if it is one with a WG setting or halo), ask the jeweler to set the centre stone (the pink) in a RG cup with RG bezel or prongs in order to deepen the pink colour, even if the rest of the ring is in WG.

jiajiexue

Rough_Rock
I’m almost sad you went with a different design because I absolutely LOOOOOOVE it.

in any case, for whatever ring you go with (even if it is one with a WG setting or halo), ask the jeweler to set the centre stone (the pink) in a RG cup with RG bezel or prongs in order to deepen the pink colour, even if the rest of the ring is in WG.

Yes, it requires custom bezel in pink gold. Working on that right now.

jiajiexue

Rough_Rock

This is the design for now. I am thinking to ask the designer to push the inner circle a tab bit higher.

Any feedback is appreciated.

95428AD0-1B22-4558-8B4F-0733817D9AD4.jpeg

Attachments

• E6ADF4FD-5467-422E-8E3B-C1584DDFE051.jpeg
    E6ADF4FD-5467-422E-8E3B-C1584DDFE051.jpeg
    32.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 6BDD1E80-88D8-4DBA-A90A-D8C3B5E899AD.jpeg
    6BDD1E80-88D8-4DBA-A90A-D8C3B5E899AD.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 11
  • 4681CB88-6F67-48C9-BCD0-B1E653DFD11F.jpeg
    4681CB88-6F67-48C9-BCD0-B1E653DFD11F.jpeg
    54.2 KB · Views: 10
This is the design for now. I am thinking to ask the designer to push the inner circle a tab bit higher.

Any feedback is appreciated.

95428AD0-1B22-4558-8B4F-0733817D9AD4.jpeg

I don’t really know how to read CADs and give feedback on those, but I would suggest - I can’t tell if it’s there already - to have the pink stone set in a RG enhancement cup, which should intensify the pink colour, and then the WG halos and shank as usual.

jiajiexue

Rough_Rock
I don’t really know how to read CADs and give feedback on those, but I would suggest - I can’t tell if it’s there already - to have the pink stone set in a RG enhancement cup, which should intensify the pink colour, and then the WG halos and shank as usual.

Yes, rose gold cup and prong. 2 halos are in white gold, I’m thinking to use rose pink for the inner halo, white gold on the outer halo.

Yes, rose gold cup and prong. 2 halos are in white gold, I’m thinking to use rose pink for the inner halo, white gold on the outer halo.

I actually like the double WG halo, I think it makes the pink pop. Though one RG and one WG would look pretty too. I wonder if using light pink melee (which matches the intensity of colour of the centre stone once it is cupped) with RG would be too expensive, if you want the ring to be visibly two-tone? Because then you could do the inner halo in RG with pink melee; and the outer halo in WG with white melee, and shank in WG. That’s my favourite look for a coloured diamond.

jiajiexue

Rough_Rock
I actually like the double WG halo, I think it makes the pink pop. Though one RG and one WG would look pretty too. I wonder if using light pink melee (which matches the intensity of colour of the centre stone once it is cupped) with RG would be too expensive, if you want the ring to be visibly two-tone? Because then you could do the inner halo in RG with pink melee; and the outer halo in WG with white melee, and shank in WG. That’s my favourite look for a coloured diamond.

I can totally see the picture you are seeing.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results