shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some healing dust and help for July Wedding. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Dear PSers,

Seemed like some PSers believed in PS dusts and I am hoping that some of would help. In my other posts, I''ve mentioned that I am having a bad viral rash that covers my face, neck, chest and arms. It has been a month and it''s not getting any better and I only have about 6 weeks to go before the wedding. For a person who prides herself for having clear skin, this is indeed stressful especially right before wedding.

Your well wishes and dusts are really appreciated. Some dusts for btrflygrl23 who mentioned that she is also recovering from some skin challenges! Thank you!

Due to my rash, it''s really not possible for me not to cover it up as it''s going to flare up in July heat and be red and patchy. I am looking for a lightweight bolero jacket to go with my dress. I''ve contacted Etsy seller to query for a customized version of this bolero - less ruffles and longer sleeve.

I''ve also contacted some Bay Area seamstress and they are already booked up till July for custom job. Any recommendations are welcome.

Any thoughts on this bolero and suggestions for cheaper alternative? Thanks in advance!

Englishdept Organza Bolero.jpg

panda08

Brilliant_Rock
Much dust, GoodSoul! You will be beautiful on your wedding day!

That bolero is gorgeous, I wish I knew a recommendation for a less expensive option for you.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
***healing dust for you!***

That bolero is beautiful too.
30.gif

Squirrly

Brilliant_Rock
healing dust to you and btrflygrl, i hope you won''t have to need that bolero at all
1.gif

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
I am so sorry about your skin, it can be so hard when one of your great features goes haywire on you...lots of ***dust***!

Bolero''s are fairly simple to make since all they really need is a ribbon or other attachment. If you are up for sewing or have a friend/relative who is go to a fabric store and look at patterns.

You can also think really outside of the box and look at skirts and little girl dresses - just cut off the bodice if there is one, slit the skirt on one side (hem up the edges if you wish), attach a ribbon to each side and ta-da! I have some ideas on how to make sleeves and such with this method too....let me know if any of this interests you and I will draw out a pattern for ya.

Good Luck!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Love the bolero! I''m so sorry about the skin challenges ... sending lots of dust your way!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I love this bolero!! Can you use some body cover up, such as Derma Blend on your arms?

Jen_91909

Shiny_Rock
GoodSoul,
I''m so sorry to read what you are going through with your skin. I can imagine how frustrating that must be. I''m sending you lots of well wishes and healing ***DUST****

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock

tlh

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry to read about your rash! Omg I hope it heals soon. Rash or not, that bolero is TO DIE FOR!!!
Dust to you!

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
This one is reserved but perhaps you can order one as well!
=tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]Lacey!

May not cover enough of your neck, again the addition of a satin ribbon?
=tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]Maybe?

How about some color? Don''t know what your wedding colors are, but this might be a pretty compliment!
=tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]Just Peachy!

This one is more of a short cape or shrug.
=tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]Shrug/cape

I may be losing track of those I have linked, and those I haven''t. But I am pretty sure this one is new, by a different designer. Sorry if it isn''t!
=tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]Similar Lace

=tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]Ruffled Taffeta I think

=tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]Folded Organza

=tags&includes[]=title:2o8h065d]3/4 length sleeves with ruffles

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope your skin heals fast, GoodSoul. Have you tried topical corticosteroids? Sucks this is happening so close to the wedding
7.gif

Fingers crossed for you too, btrflygrl23.

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
panda08, SunnyD, Squirrly, Sparkalicious, Jen_91909
Thanks for your dusts!

tropiqalkiwi Thanks for your suggestion! I actually thought of making it myself but not sure where to start. I actually borrowed a sewing machine from my friend (her mom uses it when she visits) but didn''t know where to get fabric. If it''s not too much trouble, a pattern would be nice. Thank you so so much. You are a life saver!

risingsun I tried some cover up but the spots are just too many and on the arm, I''m afraid of rubbing off on my dress. The spots are tricky as makeup is hard to blend. that''s what happened on my face. I am look like my friend''s dog, SPOTTY. Thanks for your suggestion though.
5.gif

ilovesparkles THANK YOU SO MUCH for helping to source for the boleros. Some are really nice! Your fav is the same maker of the one I had posted too :) I will definitely check those out! It''s very kind of you to take your time to provide the linky. Thank you.

tlh I adore that bolero too! Thanks.

Kama_s Thanks for your well wishes. I''ve tried those but that only help with itch but doesn''t help with the spots
7.gif

I really appreciate all your well wishes! Thank you.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi GoodSoul -- what does your dress look like?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a lovely option with long sleeves:

http://www.goodorient.com/Hand_Embroidery_Lace_Wedding_Bolero_P22693

Another (something tells me the photos might have been reversed on these listings?)

http://www.goodorient.com/product.php?productid=22694

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks VRBeauty!! I do think that those were reversed as well! I will definitely check it out.

Here''s my dress. I was told that lace may not go with it and therefore was looking at just plain organza type of material. Do you think lace would go with it? I am getting a plain cut edge not so puffy and floor length veil.

Thanks for your help.

Clipboard1.jpg

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That''s truly beautiful and unique! I agree an organza would work better than lace, although there''s always the possibility that you would stumble on just the right lace for that! Is getting something made for you an option?

Load of dust that your rash will clear up soon!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry about the rash. I know firsthand how stressful bad skin can be before your wedding! I''m sending you loads of healthy skin dust!

Have you tried oral steroids? Prednisone works wonders for inflammation, and it can help in ways a topical steroid cannot. It was what ultimately cleared my skin (I had serious acne and folliculitis, though). Ask your doctor about going on a burst of prednisone if you haven''t already.

tropiqalkiwi

Shiny_Rock
Good Soul, I''m out for the weekend, but when I get back I''ll post some patterns for you.

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
Oh I like your dress, very unique! I agree an organza bolero would probably be easier to find that would go with you dress. I forget, did you ask the person doing your alterations about making one for you?

ETA: How could I forget to say YOUR WELCOME!

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Sending tons of dust and prayers sweetie!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
***lots of clear skin dust coming your way***

I love the idea of a bolero...it would be very cute with your dress!

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Goodsoul, I had something similar happen to me in the weeks before my wedding. I got what looked a bit like acne or hives, but it wasn''t. It started about 6 weeks before my wedding, and I was PANICKING. I went to the doctor a few times looking for solutions.

Finally, about 10 days before my wedding, one of the other doctors in the practice saw me and started me on a course of Prednisone. It worked like a dream! It all cleared in time for the wedding.

Turns out the breakout was stress-induced. I chose an outdoor wedding and about six weeks prior to the wedding, I started thinking I''d made a mistake because my husband hates heat and we were going to be standing in formal attire....OUTSIDE in the sun......in JULY....in New England. What the HELL was I thinking? I think I began to stress out about it, and the breakout happened. Little red marks all over my chest and arms (and I was wearing a sweetheart neckline with cap sleeves.

I''d ask your doctor to try the Prednizone to see if it works for you. He''ll likely have you on it for 5-7 days. If it clears, then you know it will work. Then just have him give you another round for the week of your wedding.

Best of luck to you. I still think the wrap is a good idea, too, but this might help you.

pocahontas

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear about the rash, Goodsoul! I''m sending more PS dust your way! I suffered a serious case of stress-induced hives about two months before my wedding last month so I can totally relate to your distress; I second Alj''s suggestion. I love the bolero you originally posted! Unfortunately, I don''t have any suggestions for a more affortable option, and FWIW, I love your dress; you definitely need to post more pictures of that beauty!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tons of healing dust your way! And I love the bolero you posted, so worst case scenario, you''ll wear that and still look fantastic!

GoodSoul

Brilliant_Rock
VRBeauty, The bridal shop wants to charge me $450 as a start depending on fabric.. so that''s out. Thanks for your dust!

kittybean, thanks for your suggestion! I will check with my doctor to see if that would help! Thanks for you dust too. Hope your skin is getting better too.

ilovesparkles The bridal shop is altering my dress for free but for the bolero, they wanted $450. So I am not going with them. I will try to see if I can figure out how to make one, if not, I will just go online and get something. Thanks.

SarahLovesJS Thanks for your dust and prayers!

Thanks tyty333!

Allison D.Thanks for your advice! I will definitely check out Prednizone. Glad that it worked out for you. I am under alot of stress as I am taking on another team as company is not replacing the manager leaving (end june, right before my wedding) and my family may not be coming from overseas due to swine flu and etc. my DH side of family inviting alot of folks that we don''t know (even the handyman was invited...) Everything adds up, I guess. Thanks again.

pocahontas. Thanks for your PS dust!! I wasn''t expecting to get that dress to be honest as I was set on another dress. I saw it online on another bride and love it. It was WAY out of my budget but once it''s on me, I know that this is the one compared to the rest. Its not the most flattering dress I''ve tried but it''s me. I''m not really a girly girl. There is no lace, no beads... just a plain dress but still unique enough by me. For the design and material, it''s WAY OVERPRICED! Unfortunately, I do not have control that day!
3.gif
Thanks for your kind words.

thing2of2 Thanks for your healing dust! The bolero is indeed cute.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Much dust!!! I am so sorry about your skin.

katamari

Ideal_Rock
Lots of healing dust for you, GoodSoul! Have you talked to your photographer about retouching? My personal preference would be to not wear a bolero and just have my photos retouched. If you wear a bolero, there will be no way to remove it from your pictures with editing, but you could remove the rash. Otherwise, I think the simpler the better, because that dress is so gorgeous!

I second kittybean''s recommendation for oral steroids. I also use Finacea, which is an RX cream for discoloration. I had a broken blood vessel in my cheek and it cleared it up in a couple weeks time.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
TONS of healing dust headed your way - unfortunately I don''t have any suggestions, but I really hope that your rash heals up at least a little bit in time for the wedding. Have you looked into heavy-duty makeup coverup options? I feel like there are some pretty amazing options out there - celebrities find ways to cover up tattoos and other issues all the time, might be worth exploring...

peony14

Rough_Rock
Sorry to hear about your rash GoodSoul. A couple of years ago, during a really bad stomach virus, I broke out in hives all over. I went to a bunch of doctors and nothing they gave me helped, including steroids. They all told me that the hives were likely due to the virus and that it just had to run its course. After almost a month of the hives (which were literally over my ENTIRE body), I went to an acupuncturist. I received acupuncture and he also gave me a cocktail of chinese herbs to take. In two days the hives were GONE!!! I know a lot of people don''t believe in eastern medicine, but for something like this, I totally recommend it. Can''t hurt!

Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results