shape
carat
color
clarity

Need Some expert advice

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

krecker

Rough_Rock
Hello All,

First day on the forum. I hope this is the right place for this post. Here it goes...

My wife damaged her Ring last weekend so we went into a jeweler a friend recommended. We went in with the intention of just getting a new setting for her stone. The Owner was great at what he does so he dropped in a gorgeous oval into a tacori setting and it really did look great. So next thing you know we were upgrading the whole ring. (long winded but here is the question)

Where is the best place to sell our old center stone and how much should I price it at. I am way too ignorant in the diamond world. It is a GIA certified 1.21CT, F color Princess Cut, with SI 2 clarity. The measurements are 6.14 x 5.30 x 4.31mm.

Any help would be much appreciated. I don''t know the first thing about selling a diamond and the this group seems very knowledgeable on all topics.

Thanks Everyone and nice to meet you.

krecker

Rough_Rock
Oh not sure if this helps but the replacement value of the appraisal done back in Dec 2001 has it at $10,370.00 ( I know that retail is very high)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My opinion is to tell that jeweler that you want to trade-in the old diamond or it''s no deal. You won''t get much by selling the old stone. You''d be better off keeping it and setting it in a pendant or something.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi and welcome - nice to meet you too!
35.gif

Here is a thread which is helpful for those wanting to sell jewellery and even trying to resell isn't always successful regrettably. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/reselling-gems-jewelry-what-can-you-expect.17952/

Unfortunately, it is usual to not get back near what you paid, around 30 - 50% being usual it seems, but I hope the thread gives you some ideas on how to go about it. Also unfortunately the retail value doesn't mean anything in regards to any amounts of money you might hope to get back.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results