shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some creative ideas!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scm1012

Shiny_Rock
Good morning all!

This is not regarding my wedding but my cousin''s.

She is getting married one week from today and is having a destination wedding in Las Vegas.

Our famaily will be getting together this Sunday at Buca di Beppo to celebrate a different cousin''s birthday. BUT....here is my question....will you help me think of some unique or creative ideas on how to make it a special night for my cousin who is getting married and her fiance?

It can be cheesy...it can be sort of crazy because our family is really into that. Even though it''s a birthday dinner, I would really like to recognize the upcoming marriage and do something that will make them feel special as well.

I thought of getting some cute stuff from Party America but my ideas stop there.

Thanks in advance
9.gif

partyjewels

Shiny_Rock
First off... it''s sweet that you want to recognize the upcoming wedding.... BUT..

Is the cousin who''s birthday dinner is in on the plan? If not, do you know that they aren''t going to feel overshadowed? I think it''s one thing if the person who''s birthday dinner it is stands up and makes a toast or something, but if anyone else does it, it would seem out of place IMO.

You said they are having a DW in Las Vegas...is anyone else going to be going along? Usually the term Destination Wedding makes me think that it''s still a wedding where people are invited, but it''s somewhere other than where the couple lives... if it''s not that kind of wedding but one where they are kind of just running off together and getting married alone, could you throw a different little party in their honor when they get back? Or one of the nights before they leave?

Did the bride have a shower? Bachelorette/Bachelor party? These are all ways to celebrate the upcoming wedding, without shadowing over the birthday dinner. You could send them a nice gift basket or note prior to the wedding and let them know you''re thinking of them if you aren''t going to be there... and of course theres always a wedding gift too.

Now if you know that your cousin who''s birthday it is wouldn''t feel a little irked about you doing something for the bride and groom at their dinner, then by all means, go ahead. But if you aren''t sure without having to ask them (because most people would lie and say their fine with it even if they aren''t) then maybe back off it.

And of course this is all my personal opinion, and I know you weren''t really asking if it was a good idea, but I just wanted to make sure you thought it through! Because I''ve been to dinners where it''s to celebrate one thing, and someone else will bring up the other thing and then the whole focus shifts, and the original person of honor is stuck in a tight position of having to play along and not mind even if they really do.

If you ARE going to do it, I think after a toast to the birthday cousin is done, perhaps a toast to the wedding couple. Or maybe have a birthday cake for the birthday cousin, and then get a tiny little wedding like cake for the wedding couple, maybe with a funny topper?

scm1012

Shiny_Rock
PartyJewels --

Thank you so much for your input. I''m so sorry I didn''t elaborate on the details.

We are in San Francisco and my cousins wedding will be in Las Vegas. It is a destination wedding because it is a place where the couple does not live and yes, many people are invited including all family.

I am planning a dinner to celebrate the belated birthday of another cousin who will be at the wedding as well. I forgot to mention, everyone at our dinner is closely related! And no, the birthday person will not have any objections or feel slighted that we are mentioning the upcoming wedding.

i have decided to do two small cakes. One for the birthday person and one for the couple as a congratulations. And I will have themed hats for the couple as well as the birthday person. All of the attendees at our dinner love each other to death and no one would feel offended or hurt that someone else is stealing the spotlight. Also, we are all so very excited to be going away the following week for this wedding.

I was just searching for ideas of fun things I could do....but I realize, there isn''t much! I am limited to party hats pretty much:)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results