shape
carat
color
clarity

Need some creative ideas to reset a pair of small diamonds (each .10)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luthergirl

Rough_Rock
I have a pair of diamonds (each only .10, g, vs1, ideal cut) that I want to set into a new project. I had received them as earrings from my Mom while she was on a trip to Antwerp, I ended up losing one and she replaced it on another Europe trip, but in the meantime my boyfriend had bought me new diamond earrings for Christmas. I felt really bad because they were virtually the same thing, but I knew it would break his heart to say anything. I talked to my Mom and she was fine with me using them in another way. Anyway (sorry this is getting long) they mean a lot to me and are very nice diamonds, so I want to do something special with them --andI need some good ideas. My mom would kind of like me to keep them "separate" so I can pass them on to my kids someday. I was thinking of maybe setting each one into a ring and adding some other stackables with them (like the Sheldon S. mini mania rings), but I wasn''t sure how a ring with one diamond would look mixed with those kind of bands. Does anyone have any other good ideas or pictures of what to do?

On a side note, I have barely posted here, but I have been addicted to pricescope for months now, so much fun!!!

Thanks in advance for any help!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have two pendants. One is a pearl with an open heart surrounding it, and there is a little diamond at the "cleavage" (it always kinda reminds me of boobs in a pushup bra) of the heart where the pearl hangs down. The other pendant is a gold heart, with diamond cuts in it, again, with a little diamond set at the cleavage.

Or... I like the idea of it burnish set into a ring. http://www.tiffany.com/images/products/zoom_images/10784786_xl.jpg

louisesam

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/31/2005 1:56:06 PM
Author: JulieN
The other pendant is a gold heart, with diamond cuts in it, again, with a little diamond set at the cleavage.

Or... I like the idea of it burnish set into a ring. http://www.tiffany.com/images/products/zoom_images/10784786_xl.jpg
like both ideas. the pendant you described reminds me of roberto coin''s pendnat.

http://store.nordstrom.com/product/product.asp?StyleID=2806672&Search=True&SearchType=keywordsearch&keyword=roberto+coin+%3E+In+All+Categories

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
You could just set them into a different earring style. If the ones from your boyfriend are prong set, you could bezel set these ones. Or how about buying a small coloured stone of a slightly larger size--like a sapphire or something--and making it into a three stone pendant? You could set it vertically with the two diamonds on top and then the sappire, or set it horizontally with the sapphire in the middle.

anika

Shiny_Rock
I do like the ring idea. I saw a set of three slim rings- one white gold, one yellow and the other rose gold all each with one small diamond set in the middle. They were actually a set and looked good together.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results