shape
carat
color
clarity

Need shared prong opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kaitybug

Rough_Rock
I just discovered this site! It is so great and helpful!

My bf and I are starting to look for the perfect ring! He wants me involved in the process so that I can have exactly what I want.

I am considering having a 3/4 eternity shared prong setting made by WhiteFlash for a 0.80 carat round stone I inherited.
I got a quote for a 1.08 ctw setting, making each stone 6 pointers.
Will this overwhelm my center stone? I have no idea how to visualize this!

I like the look of thicker bands but I don't want it TOO big.

Thanks so much!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
If I did the math right, that means you''ll have about 18 point stones? I would imagine that you''ll get about a 4mm band give or take because of that. While to me personally the band would be too wide (short fingers) I wouldn''t say that sounds absolutely huge at all to me. Have you been able to try on bands of about that size just to make sure it is what you like?

kaitybug

Rough_Rock
I think they are using 18 stones around the band with a tcw of 1.08, making each stone .06 carats.
The style is a 3/4 eternity. I think the width should be around 2.7 mm

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
I need to wake up more before I post sometimes. I read it as 6 stones, not six pointers
19.gif

A band that width is a perfect size IMO. Sorry for the misreading before, but I think that would be great!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to find you some 6 pointer examples but couldnt find any...here are some pics of 4 and 7 pointers that you can compare
(these belong to haven...I hope you dont mind me pulling them in)

Haven4versus7.jpg

top view
FIRE!HavensSetpssss.jpg

Haven''s ering is a 2.01 (lovely) cushion measuring 7.81x6.93. A well cut .8 round should measure a little over 6mm.
If it were me, I would probably go smaller then 6 pointers in the band.

kaitybug

Rough_Rock
Those are absolutely beautiful!
Since this is my first ever e-ring, I am planning on upgrading the stone *someday* but don''t think I will
want to upgrade the whole band as well. So I would like them to be large enough to use with even a larger stone. And since I like the wide look, why not right?

Thanks so much for the advice! I think that helps a lot!!
36.gif

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you have it made make sure you tell them that you may want a bigger head on it someday to accomodate a larger stone.
That way they can design it so it wont be so hard to update later.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results