shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions please...is this a big deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NicksGirl

Rough_Rock
Hello pricescopers! I am a lurker who''s recently become a member, and just in the nick of time! I recently had a family diamond (old Europeon mine cut round 1.23 carat) reset in Tacori 2578. They had the setting instock at my local jewelers and offered to reset it for me themselves rather than send it off to Tacori. My diamond is slightly irregular in shape since it is a OEC but they assured me this wasn''t a problem. My husband picked up the ring last Friday and from the first moment I saw it I was disapointed. The center diamond isn''t quite straight in the setting and all of the prongs are slightly different heights especially one prong in particular sticks up quite high in relation to the others. It didn''t look like this with the CZ in it. I guess most people wouldn''t notice something like this but I can''t seem to not notice it! Is this something that I should let go? Am I being too picky? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Oh, and I just got off the phone with my jeweler and he''s sounds helpful but they want to do all the repairs. Is this a good idea? What happens if they ruin the setting? Thank you!!!

DSC_0409.JPG

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have them fix it or send it to Tacori.

unfortunately, i can''t really see anything wrong in your picture, it''s not the best angle.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think you should return it and have them send it to Tacori for setting into a ring made for your diamond. I think by having the setting worked on by someone other than Tacori the warranty may be void. I suppose if you got a great deal on the ring this may not matter to you, but if you paid full price it should be done right.

NicksGirl

Rough_Rock

Here''s another picture. I''ll try to take some better ones tonight. In this one please look at the line of the basket on the right, it is slightly curved and looks elongated in person. This leads up to the prong that is sitting the highest. Maybe I am just being too picky. That would actually be a relief to me:)

Re: a good deal on the setting. You make a valid point, a deeply discounted setting is worth putting up with imperfections. It so happens I received a $400 discount because they honored the price before the recent $400 Tacori price increase. However, I would prefer to pay a bit more than be stressed about the setting. On the other hand I don''t want to be making a mountain out of a molehill. I''m a mess!!! I need some objective advise:) Thanks for weighing in!

DSC_0415.JPG

nikki2011

Rough_Rock
Hi There,

Beautiful choice of setting. I absolutely love the Tacori 2578 and I''m a big antique stone lover as well. I''m so sorry you''re disappointed with the alignment of the setting.

I agree that I can''t really see anything wrong in the picture. Could you post some pictures face up (both to admire and get another angle on the misalignment issue). Does the stone feel secure and do the prongs snag?

You could always call Tacori and ask if they will re-set the stone for you. On the other and, I''m sure the jewelry stone would reset the stone for you again, although I understand your concern over them possibly causing more damage.

Other than this glitch, congratulations on an absolutely beautiful engagement ring!

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ya, I can see slight difference in the curvature and height of the prongs. I would want Tacori to fix it else the warranty could be voided.

Miss Sparkly

Brilliant_Rock
I see what you mean, and it photo one the left side is higher then the right. You said that the stone is slightly irregular in shape. Could one of the prongs be longer to accommodate for this?

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
it''s a beautiful setting but I can see your concerns and understand you wanting it to be as close to perfect as possible.

jlx

Rough_Rock
it definitely doesn''t look right, and you should either demand a refund or a replacement.

but.... do you trust that they''ll get it right the second time around?

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2010 8:24:07 PM
Author: Stone-cold11
Ya, I can see slight difference in the curvature and height of the prongs. I would want Tacori to fix it else the warranty could be voided.
It may already be voided because Tacori did not set it in the first place.

No, I would not consider $400 off a significant savings worth giving up the warranty on a designer setting. I hope it all works out for you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results