shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on these opals please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I am having a hard time finding attractive white opals for a ring for my mom. This one is described as a "red multicolor light opal from Coober Pedy, Australia. Low cabochon calibrated to 11 x 9 mm. Body tone is N9 (slightly grayish-white) with bright strong color play in red, green, blue, orange etc. Near 100% color coverage, translucent base."

Is the low cab a problem for use as a ring? I haven''t worked out the design yet, but the opal will be set in a yellow gold ring with sapphire side stones (either 2 half moons if not overly expensive, a halo, or tiny sapphire stones near the opal.

Opal white 2.jpg

Kay

Ideal_Rock
I am also looking for an opal for a pendant for my MIL. She is not familiar with opals, but the pictures she responded to best were of black or dark opals. She wants to use as accents stones either topaz/citrine (her birthstone) or blue zircon (DH''s birthstone).

She liked the picture of this opal. It is semi black, N5, 9.2 x 7.5 x 2.5 mm, with a medium dome. Is 9.2 x 7.5 large enough to make an impact as a pendant?

Opal dark 2.JPG

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like them both but the second one looks like you''re looking at windy wildfires from above...very cool!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results