shape
carat
color
clarity

Need opinions on proposal

Sketchs

Rough_Rock
First off, here is the idea of my proposal. It might be a bit cheesy and please be candid with your thoughts/opinions on it. I need honest answers. So she is doing a mini marathon very soon and I thought it be cute to propose at the race. I contacted the events coordinator and have her assistance. I wanted to have a 5-6 foot banner created that said "Start Line" or something to that affect that she can run through after the finish line and have me waiting behind it on one knee. A metaphor for the beginning of our lives together. Being somewhat short notice I won't have time to get the ring and at the same time I wanted us to get the ring together so she can get one that she really likes. So my questions to you are...

1. What do you think of the proposal? Metaphor too cheesy? Is it understood?

2. Is it okay to propose without the ring yet? Mind you there will be lots of people there and I don't want to look like a fool who proposed to his girlfriend without a ring.

Thoughts pleaseeeeee. Thanks!! :geek:

damons

Shiny_Rock
Okay, this is my opinion. I definitely think it is sweet, but I don't love it.

Personally, I think that a proposal should be a special intimate moment between you and your girlfriend. I don't think it should be in front of a crowd of strangers. I also think that it should include some heartfelt words about why you love her and why you want to marry her instead of just getting down on one knee.

But then again, I don't know your girlfriend, so it might be perfect for her. Only you would know that.

As far as proposing without a ring goes...has she told you that she wants to be involved with the selection? I know some girls that want to be very involved so they get what they want. But some girls want the guy to pick the ring so they can be surprised. Plus, there is something amazing about getting on your knee and opening a ring box.

My fiance wanted nothing to do with picking the ring because she wanted to be completely surprised and didn't want to know when I was going to propose. We did, however, look at window displays at jewelry stores and she pointed out things that she liked and didn't like so I would have something to go by. Is this something that you could do with your girlfriend?

If not, and you propose without a ring, then I think you should have an appointment at the jewelry already scheduled. That way, you propose, then you take her to the store to pick out her ring.

Could you take her out to a nice dinner and celebrate her completion of the marathon? Then you could propose that night, and take her to get a ring the next day. Just a thought.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
it seems confusing to me...the end of a race will have a lot of people...how will she even know to run through the 'start line'? Also I wouldn't propose in public without a ring.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results